Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

it's a pretty short drink tho

Longer than just a gin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Some EU happenings today, good news and bad news.

The good news today is that Le Pen lost. The bad news is that Macron won.

Some more good news though:
Slovenia also had an election and it looks like mini-Orban lost big against a centre-left green party.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/04/24/slovenians-out-to-vote-with-no-single-party-projected-to-rule-without-coalition

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like Moron lmao xd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LMAO even some Nazis have finally realized Nazi organisations are just arms of the FSB, but only "the other Nazis not us" LOL. (Or "we're not with those Nazis we've just been photographed participating in literally all their events for two decades".) Has this happened in other countries?

(He's a Rudimentary Finn, talking about the Nordic Resistance Movement. What makes this somewhat remarkable is that he's the editor of the Rudies' magazine and also husband of one of the most vocal and most pro-current-Russian-regime and pro-fascism [but I repeat myself] columnists who also has a show on the fascist TV channel.)

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 18:15 on May 4, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
finland is composed of truck drivers, and their poltical hormone deficiencies

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lollontee posted:

finland is composed of truck drivers, and their poltical hormone deficiencies

All the truck drivers are Slavic tho.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1521894000982118401?s=20&t=dZrgfVQ5k1mfRguRe6TwIA

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sure would be awesome if my country ever received international coverage about something other than racism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/denmark-accused-racism-anti-ghetto-law-ukraine-refugees

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Sure would be awesome if my country ever received international coverage about something other than racism.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/02/denmark-accused-racism-anti-ghetto-law-ukraine-refugees

Ah well if it helps I remember your head of intelligence being arrested.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

spankmeister posted:

and that is turning into a huge shitshow lol

minister of justice Nick Hækkerup just resigned the other day to instead become a brewery lobbyist. he is not saying anything except that he "needed new challenges" but he has previously described his role in the the whole thing as "a rubber stamp" and speculation is that he wasn't happy about the charges against intelligence chief Findsen, who he has worked since before they each got their posts

also they just dropped charges against one of the 4 other intelligence officers, while former minister of defense Hjort Frederiksen remains charged though experts are calling that case "weak" (his main offense appears to be confirming that denmark is helping the united states with illegal wiretaps, which will be hard to argue was still a secret -- a couple of years ago, retired intelligence officer Jakob Scharf was basically acquitted for publishing a memoir, since the "secrets" therein were deemed "truisms" by the court)

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Learn from my country and get better at sports

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

How soon have we forgotten the Mink variant

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

spankmeister posted:

I also remember the mass mink killing and subsequent exhuming.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lets have it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rofl theyre going for an official treason indictment against former the minister of defense :suspense:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Carthag Tuek posted:

rofl theyre going for an official treason indictment against former the minister of defense :suspense:

The Unity List will block rescinding his immunity. :lmao:

Objectively he probably shouldn't be indicted for what he did, but the man is a monster who's ruined uncountable lives in numerous ways and you take what you can get.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

SplitSoul posted:

The Unity List will block rescinding his immunity. :lmao:

Objectively he probably shouldn't be indicted for what he did, but the man is a monster who's ruined uncountable lives in numerous ways and you take what you can get.

I mean their argument is sound, it could get pretty weird if rescinding immunity without knowing the details of the indictment became a regular thing

but yea he is a terrible poo poo

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

FT: Euro to hit parity against the dollar within six months, Amundi says

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

why is the dollar so strong with the current stock poo poo going on? is the ukraine thing overshadowing it? idk poo poo about finances

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

why is the dollar so strong with the current stock poo poo going on? is the ukraine thing overshadowing it? idk poo poo about finances

if inflation and instability is worse elsewhere the dollar can still creep up while weakening at home

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

There seems to be consensus that if the ECB were to raise rates to keep up the the Fed, Italy and Greece would default on their debts. (And if the ECB hiked rates they could prevent Italy and Greece from defaulting if the EU also kept buying bonds, but they are ideologically opposed.)

Also, since the Swiss Franc is pegged closer to the Euro than the Dollar, it officially hit parity with the Dollar today for the first time since 2019.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Carthag Tuek posted:

He could join Snowden and seek political asylum in Russia.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

i say swears online posted:

if inflation and instability is worse elsewhere the dollar can still creep up while weakening at home
And the US's position within the world kind of puts a floor on its relative instability. Even if the US is the cause of economic unrest, that unrest has a habit of hitting harder elsewhere because capital flees back to the US during periods of economic unrest. That the US is more willing to do counter-cyclical poo poo obviously helps too.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022
Nice !

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol @ america strangling europe for short term gain. They are getting out of the empire business quite brutally.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Southpaugh posted:

lol @ america strangling europe for short term gain. They are getting out of the empire business quite brutally.

no worries

we'll all go together when we go

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Southpaugh posted:

anybody who isn't a succlib saw this coming from a mile way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ps lol at "getting out of the empire business"

thats like coke to a nation, you cant go back

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Nah, the US sealed its fate over the last 30 years. When the petrodollar goes that'll be that.

Edit: To be more specific US hegemony is in its death throes, the empire will remain for an unspecified amount of time.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The singular remaining left-wing party in the Danish parliament has decided it can change the EU from within now. :lmao: electoral politics.

Edit: They have also just decided Denmark should stay in NATO for the time being.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 11:40 on May 15, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Berlin cracking down on anyone protesting about the Nakba

https://twitter.com/bassem__saad/status/1525896294597787649?s=20&t=rHeMPDiJwdCSqNlRGyKcVQ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Germany cracking down on Semitic people? This is novel.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Organize

Stand in a line

Walk up to the police and say Free Palestine

When they arrest then repeat, repeat, repeat

When thousands are arrested you will win, follow the examples Gandhi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol did these idiots learn literally nothing from the 2008 crash

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1528060407524511745?s=20&t=zJmrrNNhzKv3AeF6EHMgIw

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i for one cannot wait for another throve of "living above our means" talking points being shoved down my throat as i try to keep my mouth shut holding on to my job

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

They learned that they can loot and plunder the poo poo out of everyone and everything with the full backing of the eu and other states as the forces capable of resisting them have been totally hollowed out by 40 years of neoliberal restoration

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

... heh ... this is only what i call super austerity level 3

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

no, they're German

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
germans are the english of europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Reminder that Lindner is an FDP guy who are the most neoliberal party even in Germany.