Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Still want the PLC back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Boco_T posted:

I read a decade of 80s issues of MotorSport with a Private Browsing window without paying a cent

IIRC the archives are full scans with old classified ads in them which are fun to see in themselves

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

italian quid posted:

Driver. really its just for odd jobs on my motorbike car and kart. I'd really rather lean towards quality this go round as my Bosch 12v was making some brutal loving bearing sounds towards the end.

fwiw, I think Milwaukee is the best for auto tools. The m12 stubby impact wrench is amazing. Good for everything other than suspension. I have the ridiculous dewalt 20v impact wrench and the Milwaukee 12v stubby and anything you actually need the big one for you can just use a breaker bar. Also consider in the m12 universe the cordless ratchet.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dewalt air fryer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

dewalt air fryer

harbor freight cast iron pan

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Here I am just happy that Albon is doing well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

builds character posted:

fwiw, I think Milwaukee is the best for auto tools. The m12 stubby impact wrench is amazing. Good for everything other than suspension. I have the ridiculous dewalt 20v impact wrench and the Milwaukee 12v stubby and anything you actually need the big one for you can just use a breaker bar. Also consider in the m12 universe the cordless ratchet.

I ended up finding a smoking deal on a dewalt set and my dad's impact survived my idiotic car history in the decade after I graduated high school. I wouldn't mind a 12v impact for karting again so I'll keep that in mind.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Feels Villeneuve posted:

IIRC the archives are full scans with old classified ads in them which are fun to see in themselves
They are, plus of-the-time print ads
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1457396933455134723
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1430377650233688065
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1466482913046847502

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

National Economy

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Still want the PLC back

I liked the F1TV feed this week. I almost mistook John Watson for Eddie Jordan because of his voice alone but quickly realized it wasn’t Eddie because he was making sense.

E: i said Eddie Irvine

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 12, 2022

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

boop the snoot posted:

Wow yeah I definitely want to pay for this

If there hadn't been the safety car it would've been a Sochi level race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think people forget that Sochi looks like a gulag but it's actually produced some comedy races, this didn't look anywhere near as bad with the palm trees round the track but it was always going to be bad with the track being so flat and narrow.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Shift-F1 is very good for I'm new to F1 stuff and recaps of races and recent news but they just fans and probably aren't even on the level of this thread when it comes to explaining why something happens in a race.

Also I can't listen to it with my wife around because the nerd voice guy makes her lose it

Wait, which one of them is the "nerd voice guy"?

obvious comedy answer is "all of them"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So uh, how many of these crypto sponsors are going to be disappearing from the cars shortly then?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

So uh, how many of these crypto sponsors are going to be disappearing from the cars shortly then?

I think the better phrasing is, we will see how many of them have cash reserves sooner than later.

but yeah I've hoped we're seeing a bubble pop for a while, but this can't possibly be it, can it?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I hope so but good things don't happen so I doubt it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Thanks Ants posted:

Hopefully the teams got the money up front

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

bono, my apes are gone

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I'm into NFTs

Norris
Ferrari
Tsunoda

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Aphex- posted:

Yeah I'm into NFTs

Norris
Ferrari
Tsunoda

:hmmyes:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Any moment now. This can't be the first time that a complex pyramid scheme disguised as a sponsor used F1 to advertise though. I'm sure it will be fine in the end.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Jon Carbuncle posted:

Still want the PLC back

edit:

Thanks Ants posted:

whats happening? im completely disconnected from the crypto world

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 12, 2022

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GramCracker posted:

edit:

whats happening? im completely disconnected from the crypto world

just a minor market correction, nothing to worry about. remember to buy the dip

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

the paradigm shift posted:

just a minor market correction, nothing to worry about. remember to buy the dip

Already dipping into my savings account to buy. Good thing there’s so much crypto sponsorship, was just the push over the edge I needed to buy into the legitimacy of these things.

Currently trying to convince my girlfriend to let me use her savings for our house, too.

Diamond hands and to the moon, or whatever it is the kids say these days.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm glad crypto is dead so both sides can completely shut up about it and not constantly drag it up at every opportunity for years to come

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This never would have happened if we had stuck with proper race sponsors like Marlboro

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If you no longer go for a dip that exists, you're no longer an crypto bro.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hopefully the teams got the money up front

It's cool, they got paid in LUNA. The sky's the limit!

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I think I found a reason for Makita tools.

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/DCM501Z

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The only real decision you have to make between any of the various tool manufacturers is what color plastic you want

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Why are tire allocations for the whole weekend instead of everybody getting an equivalent allocation for the race? I get that it's ***strategy*** but it's not very interesting strategy of who flat spotted during q2 or whatever.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm tired of street tracks let's get out into the open again.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Why are tire allocations for the whole weekend instead of everybody getting an equivalent allocation for the race? I get that it's ***strategy*** but it's not very interesting strategy of who flat spotted during q2 or whatever.

Cobbled together rules in response to teams taking the piss, as with everything else. At one point they had teams being allowed to order different numbers of sets of each compound prior to the race, then they said gently caress it, everyone gets this number. And they had to mandate that they have to hand a certain number of sets back after each session (and sometimes mid session) because otherwise they didn't bother going out in practice so they could hoard more sets for quali/the race

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They are apparently garbage

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1524439656082907143?s=21&t=sg_VpJL9EpcpswUups0a6A

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you asked me to guess a driver that was going to be on question time, i would have never guessed seb

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Hello thread,

Just popping in to let you all know that I have acquired an apple watch, a Timemore C2 coffee grinder, and a Bonavita temperature controlled kettle.

McLaren loving owns.

Thank you all for reading my post.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Should've gotten the heptagonal burr version of the 1ZPresso Q2 grinder that is only sold on AliExpress. They basically copied the Comandante's burrs which is probably why they're not selling that version of the grinder outside of China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Wow, this espresso tastes so heptagonal. I feel so interesting all of a sudden.