Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I saw a tooltip, I think, about being able to mark something like adhesive for pickup and it would highlight items that break down into it. Is that true and uh...how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If you go to your Junk inventory there should be an option to show resources or something that shows you the scrap components of your junk. Scroll down to the scrap you're looking for (Lead, for example) and you can mark it for search. You'll see a little magnifying glass next to to it from then on. On playstation I think it's R1 to mark.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think you need to be out of the material?

Also, I did Earl. Uh yea, that was way worse than the Scorchqueen. That I can sit safely inside of a bunker or a fort and plink away while the level 700 guys shoot her, that was just horror.

I do have 200 screws though.

And god drat, i had to move my camp and when I put it back down, everything that wasn't my house was gone. Sucks rear end. Luckily all the important stuff was in there so i only lost the extra, but it will take forever for me to find all those carrots again.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

twistedmentat posted:

I think you need to be out of the material?

No, you just need to have something in your inventory that contains the resource you need. Tab over to junk in your pip boy inventory and look at the tooltips at the bottom of the screen, one of them will say something like "switch to component view". When you select it, it will show all the crafting components your junk breaks down into. Select the one you want and press the indicated button to mark it.

twistedmentat posted:

And god drat, i had to move my camp and when I put it back down, everything that wasn't my house was gone. Sucks rear end. Luckily all the important stuff was in there so i only lost the extra, but it will take forever for me to find all those carrots again.

Lol that sucks, why did you have to move it?

e: check the "stored" tab in your building menu, i don't think your stuff is supposed to disappear. It's probably just in storage.

I notice you've mentioned being forced to move your camp more than once, are you moving it every time you log in if it can't be placed? If so just server hop instead of moving it.

titties fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 9, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

titties posted:

Lol that sucks, why did you have to move it?

e: check the "stored" tab in your building menu, i don't think your stuff is supposed to disappear. It's probably just in storage.

I notice you've mentioned being forced to move your camp more than once, are you moving it every time you log in if it can't be placed? If so just server hop instead of moving it.

Yea had to move it due to someone else building to close. But its fine, i found a better place with more flat land in the same area. I like to keep my camp in the forest because its so central to the map. If i have to spend 34 caps to travel across the map, i can always go to my camp for free and then to the next location.

But yea it wasn't in the stored section, just the house. Everything else, all my crops, water purifiers, decorations, lights, and generator were gone. ALl the important stuff was inside the house so its more annoying than anything. I ran across someone else's camp that had a huge garden so i was able to get some carrots and corn. I can hunt down blackberries in the divide. I also found someone selling the super reactor plan for cheap, and built it and found that it creates the same amount of power as the fusion reactor I already had. Oh well, it does look cool.

Actually, i liked building in the golf course the most, but every so often the robots there would aggro on my camp and i'd have to deal with protectrons and assultons converging on it. I could deal with the mirelurks in the water hazard, but i hate dealing with Assultrons, their big wave motion gun face beam does massive AOE damage.

I've found a lot of enemies I'm facing are only really vulnerable against the laser rifle i have, so i've been making lots of fusion cores, only to find out that I used up all my copper. Unfortunately, unlike lead, there isn't a mine full of copper to go to and mine all i need. I know lamps and other electronics are good sources, and i can find those where i find screws, but not enough to feed that thirsty boy. Why I've been hoarding plasma ammo so i can switch over to that eventually and have a good amount banked.

Speaking of weapons, i saw the auto shotgun was one of the best guns in the game, but once i hit 50, its trash. Yea it can kill close up animals and ghouls, but they basically have to be in melee range to do any real damage, and at that point I should just hit them with Earl's rib which does more damage. Figure I'll build myself a new SMG for close range combat once i get more glue.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Can someone explain Fallout Worlds like I'm 5?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Can someone explain Fallout Worlds like I'm 5?

They are, basically, "modded" servers.

Each public custom world has a different theme and they are on a monthly rotation or something. Increased damage, decreased damage, lose building restrictions, more dangerous environment, etc. pp.

The current public custom world has these changes:

FO1st members have full control over everything at once and there is no rotation. Select what you want to change, go ham.

Your character will get cloned for those worlds and any progress you make, with the exception of SOME scoreboard challenges, does not carry over to the normal servers. You also can't earn achievements or Atom/ Atomic Shop rewards on them.

Here is what you can change if you have FO1st.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So if i run across a scorchbeasts alone, what do I do? My current strat is book it to the nearest instanced area and hope its gone when i leave it, and if not, hunder down and deal with the waves of scorched it sends at me. Even in VATs I can't hit the drat thing, and even if i did i'm not doing any damage.

I'm going to have to look into builds because i must be lacking something because i fought a protectron during a quest last night and it took me 400 rounds of .45 to kill it. Figure i'll have a adventuring build and a crafting build for my Camp. I'm also going to have to expand it at some point if i keep getting cool decorations. And I wish i had not found out there is a shopping mall in the Whitesprings hotel, i blew 4500 caps down there, but now i have the plans for metal buildings and a leaver action rifle, which will be nice as I saw its the best regular ammo sniper. I just need to make enough until i get a decent scope and stock on it. Now if i can get the plans for Handmade i'd be all set.

I looked around and the current season is predicted to end in June so i still have some time. I want to at least get as far at the collection. I think the final rewards are out of reach though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You either kill them or ignore them, they might be a little difficult for you right now but that definitely doesn't stay true all that long. They also don't chase you all that far, you can just ignore them.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there a FO4 mod that's built around Children of the Atom content from Far Harbor?
I finally bought the complete FO4 version with all the addons and the Nucleus content was actually pretty interesting except for the problem that I got there way too late so nothing was as difficult as it probably should have been.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There's a whole thread for Fallout mods, you might get better answers there:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779393

one Children of the Atom mod in particular that I can think of lets you make all the other Children NPCs friendly to you, there's another Sim Settlements one that adds Children-oriented building plans etc. I'm sure there's others.

titties
May 10, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I'm going to have to look into builds because i must be lacking something because i fought a protectron during a quest last night and it took me 400 rounds of .45 to kill it.

You may have already discovered this but this game is way more dependant on hitting weak spots than other 3d fallout games.
For robots in general you always want to shoot the combat inhibitor if you can but VATS is terrible about telling you you can hit it when you absolutely can not.

Shoot out the legs of protections. If you can cripple both legs it will usually catch fire and explode on its own. With my suppressed suppressor's combat shotgun i can usually cripple both legs with a couple VATS shots each and just leave them helpless to flame out. Or just melt them with a gatling plasma

E: actually shooting the legs is a good idea for a lot of enemies if your ttk is too long.

titties fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 12, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

titties posted:

You may have already discovered this but this game is way more dependant on hitting weak spots than other 3d fallout games.
For robots in general you always want to shoot the combat inhibitor if you can but VATS is terrible about telling you you can hit it when you absolutely can not.

Shoot out the legs of protections. If you can cripple both legs it will usually catch fire and explode on its own. With my suppressed suppressor's combat shotgun i can usually cripple both legs with a couple VATS shots each and just leave them helpless to flame out. Or just melt them with a gatling plasma

E: actually shooting the legs is a good idea for a lot of enemies if your ttk is too long.

Ah i knew it was me missing some fundamental aspect of combat. I normally go for the head, but the legs, thats the ticket.

Flesh Forge posted:

You either kill them or ignore them, they might be a little difficult for you right now but that definitely doesn't stay true all that long. They also don't chase you all that far, you can just ignore them.

You'd think by 63 I'd be powerful enough to take them on, but no luck there. I noticed weapons all max out at level 50, so does that mean that weapon level vs enemy level isn't a factor? In events I see these level 600 people just obliterating enemies left right and center and I'm struggling to bring down one alien.

The reason I had so many caps to blow at the mall was because I'd been selling every gun I'd come across except the few I haven't gotten all the mods for. Which had the side effect of not having a lot of steel in my inventory. I was wondering why I could only make 12 in total batches of .45 and noticed I only had bout 90 steel left. Lucky steel is basically everywhere but I'd only been picking up things that give copper, lead or screws.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ah i knew it was me missing some fundamental aspect of combat. I normally go for the head, but the legs, thats the ticket.

You'd think by 63 I'd be powerful enough to take them on, but no luck there. I noticed weapons all max out at level 50, so does that mean that weapon level vs enemy level isn't a factor? In events I see these level 600 people just obliterating enemies left right and center and I'm struggling to bring down one alien.

The reason I had so many caps to blow at the mall was because I'd been selling every gun I'd come across except the few I haven't gotten all the mods for. Which had the side effect of not having a lot of steel in my inventory. I was wondering why I could only make 12 in total batches of .45 and noticed I only had bout 90 steel left. Lucky steel is basically everywhere but I'd only been picking up things that give copper, lead or screws.

A level 50 weapon does more damage but, yeah, that's the max right now. Weapon type and especially your build matters a lot more.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76/character

Use this to share your build and we might be able to figure out what you're missing in terms of damage output. :)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The main challenge most builds have around level 50 is not having the right perk cards thanks to the randomness while you level. If you've got a good build in mind you can usually complete it by lvl 70 or so, depending on your luck with the random draws.

High level characters juat have all of those ducks in a row, likely the legendary weapon and armor that they want, and so on. Higher levels allow for more flexible build options thanks to the easy respeccing they added and more powerful legendary perks, which are mostly defensive or utility in nature.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 13, 2022

titties
May 10, 2012

Taerkar posted:

The main challenge most builds have around level 50 is not having the right perk cards thanks to the randomness while you level. If you've got a good build in mind you can usually complete it by lvl 70 or so, depending on your luck with the random draws.

As far as i could tell i was able to choose my perk from the complete selection of perk cards as i gained each level, I don't think there was anything random about it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

there's the random packs you get as you hit increments of 5 or whatever, and various SCORE thresholds.
unless you're carbon copying some build you read and made no mistakes, and you chose a good build to copy in the first place and also happened to get a good gun that fits with that build, then you are fairly like to have a sub-optimal build in your 50s and not be able to fix it yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, here's what my character looks like currently
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...61l91lp0&lp=xb2

Yes i know I have a free I point.

And yea I am a bit over the map. Since 50 I've been tossing ones that aren't as useful as the others, more damage and more survivability, but i also need the ones to increase my crafting.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's completely fine to not have a hyper optimized build your first time through, everyone likes to try things for themselves and it's a game, whatever is fun for you :shrug:
e: lol ooof, yeah you have some doodoo perks :)
if I may
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76/character?v=1&s=bd71aa4&d=sb2s01pd2p60pk2cr0id2ic4s72lt2a03ee2eh2a12s11sg2s61sw0lb2pl2pp2&lp=xb2

- if you're having problems killing stuff, stop mixing weapon skills (pick one of commando or rifleman)
- it seems like you're wearing power armor, which is fine, which is why I left Batteries Included in, but if you're not then you should drop that perk (stop mixing ammo types too)
- grenades are common loot and a bit heavy but you can drop Ordnance Express if you feel like it and put the points elsewhere
- always slot the target armor bypass perk for your gun
- the "find extra bullshit" perks only apply to you opening very specific containers of that type, not enemy drops or general containers, so like Pharma Farmer is helping you very little (plus you generally start having stimpaks and chems coming out of your ears at 50+)
- consider getting into food crafting because there's some really helpful food/drinks that will buff your combat a lot, e.g. the tea you get from the teapot event
- related, Good with Salt is much better than you might think because it means you can carry those buff items a lot longer and have to farm them less
- flat armor perks stop being super helpful once you collect some reasonably good level 50ish armor, the perks that reduce damage by a percentage remain good forever; life giver is also much better than it may seem
- don't bother slotting crafting perks until you're actually crafting (this is what alternate loadouts are good for, consider buying multiple loadout slots with your bethesdabucks)
- slot Hard Bargain only when you're actually selling

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 13, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

also you should consider getting mutated, just get all the mutations and get class freak/strange in numbers, it's a huge net plus

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Simply slotting in Class Freak is not a huge net plus.

Here are the mutations and it's effects/penalties.

Class Freak might reduce the negatives by 75% but you are still getting a penalty that is noticable in some builds.

All the AOE mutations deal, with the exception of Plague Walker, damage to you when they trigger. There is no sanity check to them and they can all trigger in quick succession, meaning that they have the potential to actually kill you if you play at the Nerd Rage threshold. Use them if you want but know that they can be a problem at times.

Talons and Twisted Muscles reduce your damage output and your accuracy with guns/rifles. Why use them on a Ranged build to begin with? They are strictly Melee mutations, or, in the case of Grounded, a Mutation you should only use if you don't use ranged Energy weapons.

Grounded is hit or miss. If you play Unyielding you won't really notice the -1 to Agility with Class Freak 3 but your AP pool will be slightly lower.

Healing Factor gives you a 55% penalty to chems. That includes Stimpacks. You might not only suffer from the fast travel bug if you use it, you'll also waste chem potential. With Class Freak that penatly is not as huge but it's still a penalty.

Carnivore and Herbivore are mutually exclusive and both serve a different purpose. Carnivore is for Melee builds while Herbivore is for ranged builds.

Basically, it's honestly better to plan ahead and only use the ones that directly benefit your build.

For example, if you play as Stealth Commando the only mutations you need are Eagle Eyes, Bird Bones, Marsupial, Speed Demon, Herbivore and Adrenal Reaction. In this case you don't even need Class Freak as the negatives are irrelevant to the build and you have room for a different perk.

Also, the argument that not everyone has access to mutations and needs to play the rad shower lottery isn't one. I can craft every single mutation and if anyone needs a specific one or a full set, just ask. I have so much Flux I can drown you in Serums until you are over your carry capacity. ;)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

for someone who just hit 50 on their first character it's not really reasonable to build perfect mutations, and in my experience the extra mobility alone was worth the tradeoff :shrug:

herbivore vs carnivore is enough of a tremendous net plus by itself again that it's a good trade for the other negatives. if you get the wrong one you can just clear them all and redo, it's just some dirty water and radaway.

e: strange in numbers magnifies the positives too
e: it may not be clear to a new player but strange in numbers does not require you to be near your teammates, you can just join any public team and if any of them are mutated (and people post 50 practically always are) then you get the benefit.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 13, 2022

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Yes, but I think it's better to point out that there are downsides to using all the mutations.

And, honestly, I hated trying to get the correct mutations at low levels by taking rad showers and slamming rad away when I got a bad one. It took ages and I don't wish that much boredom on anyone. :)

For reference, this is my current build:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...8-x5-arl3182438

I don't need Class Freak because none of the mutations I have affect my build in a negative way.

And yes, I know that the gear and Legendary perks are extremely endgame, it's just to show what can be done with a little planning ahead in terms of mutations. I made this earlier to show it to a friend who just hit 100 and was wondering what she should try to aim for if she wants to play Bloodied Commando as well. :)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah I don't think it's that helpful to push new players into low health builds either :shrug:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's kinda like Path of Exile where the number of points you can spend is capped, so after achieving cap you just kinda shift to optimizing. Then you keep optimizing until poo poo sux to optimize (I'm not legendary crafting gently caress all of you)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I mean over a certain threshold of build power the game is very easy, there are exactly two hard enemies (the two raid bosses) and everything else you can run a big variety of builds and have a good time, whatever's fun :shrug:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I find that Healing Factor is a lot more useful with PA builds than non-PA because there were a lot of times when I'd end a fight with maybe 5-10% health gone and I'd be back to full for the next fight.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Sensenmann posted:

Yes, but I think it's better to point out that there are downsides to using all the mutations.

And, honestly, I hated trying to get the correct mutations at low levels by taking rad showers and slamming rad away when I got a bad one. It took ages and I don't wish that much boredom on anyone. :)

For reference, this is my current build:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...8-x5-arl3182438

I don't need Class Freak because none of the mutations I have affect my build in a negative way.

And yes, I know that the gear and Legendary perks are extremely endgame, it's just to show what can be done with a little planning ahead in terms of mutations. I made this earlier to show it to a friend who just hit 100 and was wondering what she should try to aim for if she wants to play Bloodied Commando as well. :)

why do you do a bloodied build with Born survivor? Dont you blast through stimpaks?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should probably say what kind of build I'd want, a crafting build is obvious and always planned, but what i want for my main build is something that both deals good damage but also keeps me alive. I also want weapon flexibility, at some some long range sniping and up close automatic shooting.

I don't use power armor often, only when I think there will be high radiation (like fighting the scorch queen) , nor explosives nor mutations. West Virgina is for humans not muties!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 14, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if you're having damage problems, seriously try to pick one weapon type and specialize in it, it helps so much. You can do a lot of damage with Rifleman and a non-sniper-ish weapon with a high rate of fire like the railway rifle, and you can also hit at really long range with some mod setups of commando weapons. If you're not using PA, then you might also consider stealth/sneak attack oriented damage, especially once you get the Chinese Stealth Armor you can sneak around in broad daylight.
e: railway rifle also has the cheapest ammo by far (only requires steel)
e: the only downside of the railway rifle is that it is loud, but you can carry your lever action for sneak attack sniping

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 14, 2022

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

twistedmentat posted:

I should probably say what kind of build I'd want, a crafting build is obvious and always planned, but what i want for my main build is something that both deals good damage but also keeps me alive. I also want weapon flexibility, at some some long range sniping and up close automatic shooting.

I don't use power armor often, only when I think there will be high radiation (like fighting the scorch queen) , nor explosives nor mutations. West Virgina is for humans not muties!

Crafting perks are great. But you only need them when you're actually crafting. They're a waste of slots otherwise. Either use your 2nd build slot for that, or just swap them out as needed.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

i flunked out posted:

why do you do a bloodied build with Born survivor? Dont you blast through stimpaks?

I thought so as well but no.
I put that in ages ago during ACP to keep me alive and found out that there seems to be some sort of sanity check. I play at 19% health to have Nerd Rage active at all times. Technically it should trigger all the time until you are back at or above 20% but it only triggers when I get hit and lose more health.

I think it's because there is no room for healing due to the high radiation. Its condition to fire seems to work like the Quick Heal key. If you're at max health, be that X% with the rest rads or 100%, it won't work and tell you that you're already at full health.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That's what I do. I have three separate builds, day-to-day (gauss shotty build), a crafting build that I use when constructing camps/workshops or if I'm cooking/crafting. The third build is kinda superfluous, it's entirely charisma based for trading at the best rates. Super easy to swap character builds now, and every station has the sign board so it's an easy swap while there from "day-to-day" to "trading".

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't remember your group-shared perk cards if you swap builds, meaning I need to remember to reshare my cards after every character build swap.

titties
May 10, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

That's what I do. I have three separate builds, day-to-day (gauss shotty build), a crafting build that I use when constructing camps/workshops or if I'm cooking/crafting. The third build is kinda superfluous, it's entirely charisma based for trading at the best rates. Super easy to swap character builds now, and every station has the sign board so it's an easy swap while there from "day-to-day" to "trading".

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't remember your group-shared perk cards if you swap builds, meaning I need to remember to reshare my cards after every character build swap.

Wee barn if you're playing this on ps4 please explain why i never see you online it makes me sad

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

Wee barn if you're playing this on ps4 please explain why i never see you online it makes me sad

I'm sorry old boy, but have migrated over to Xbox this Gen.
Goddamn if I don't miss Goon Theft Auto with you and the PS4 boys tho...

titties
May 10, 2012

You piece of poo poo

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

You piece of poo poo

Guilty as charged.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

There are a lot of things you can do to deal good damage at high health. Cooking is one of them as the buffs from that are really good, even more so when you can't or won't play at low health.

For armor I would go for a mix of 3 Overeaters, 1 Auto Stim and 1 Regenerating. That will definitely keep you alive and Overeaters is very good in general.

Weapon felixibility is a problem. If you use single shot and full auto you need 18 perk points for maximum damage and that's before the support perks you need as well. There is simply not that much room and your damage will be unnecessarily low if you mix Rifleman and Commando.

Commando needs the 3 Commando Perks, Tank Killer, Concentrated Fire 1 and Ground Pounder.

Rifleman needs the 3 Rifleman Perks, Tank Killer, Concentrated Fire 1 and maybe Sniper or Long Shot.

If you mix them you end up with

Tank Killer (3)
Concentrated Fire (1)
Commando (2)
Expert Commando (1)
Master Commando (1)
Rifleman (2)
Expert Rifleman (1)
Master Rifleman (1)
Ground Pounder (1)
Sniper (1)
Long Shot (1)

You don't necessarily need the last 3 if you can live with slower reload speed and slighly lower accuracy and range and could move them into the Rifleman and Commando Perks. Either way, the result is that you sacrifice at least 20% damage for one weapon class and 15% for the other. Doesn't sound like much but high health is always less damage compared to low health so that adds up.

Ultimately it's your choice and if you have fun, that's perfectly fine but you'll definitely be weaker then you could be.

For weapons, I'd go for Anti-Armor, Juggernaut, Vampire or Executioner. AA is definitely the best option but the other 3 are fine as well. Vampire will heal you, so that's a plus if you decide to not go Stealth but full frontal assault with your Commando weapon.

Something like this would be the result.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...i-x5-arl3381i25

Legendary Perks is something everyone does different. Some go for the Specials first, some have other priorities.

For this build I've used

Follow Through - more damage is always good, especially for high health stealth. If you don't want to be sneaky there is a different build below.

Legendary Strength - You need higher Strength at full health otherwise your carry capacity will suck. I also needed the 5 points to make room for other perks.

Legendary Luck - You want One Gun Army if you are in PA and I needed the 5 points to make this possible.

Electric Absorption - You get healed when taking a laser to the face while in PA AND your Fusion Core gets refilled. What's not to like about this?

Master Infiltrator - Not a perk I would use but a lot of people like it and you have it in your build already.

What Rads? - Keeps you Rad free and at max rank it's enough to keep the rads in check even in nuke zones.

The non Sneaky version of this:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...i-x5-arl3381i25

All sneak perks are gone. Instead there are now Dodgy and Ricochet to avoid some damage and make you slightly more tanky. Follow Through is gone in favour of Taking One for the Team. You have to be on a team to make use of this, though.

For your crafting build, Gunsmith, Armorer, Makeshift Warrior, Power Smith, all the Science Perks, Super Duper, Ammosmith, Chemist, Ammo Factory, Contractor from Intelligence and maybe Home Defense from Agility. I think that's all a crafting build needs but you will never have enough room to fit them all in so you have to swap in and out depending on what you want to craft.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 14, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, that's useful info. And yea I can probably just dedicate to one weapon type. I can still carry around a hunting rifle, just won't do as much damage. It's mostly just to get some early sneak attacks to soften up enemies before shooting them with my handmade/combat rifle/assault rifle/smg thats automatic. And if i decide to go energy or heavy weapons i can just switch out the perks. I didn't realize how easy it was at first to switch out perks. But then at first I figured I could just keep adding and adding and adding.

I have nearly a thousand legendary script, so i should probably start playing the gatcha to see if i can get a decent legendary weapon or armor now that i'm 50 or above. I'm using as my main gun a handmade that increases in damage if your well fed but i'm sure i can get something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Gourmand isn't bad but if you can, go for Anti Armor.