Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I just saw an ad paid for by "Irvin for Governor" that is accusing Sullivan of stolen valor. Now it's getting spicy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Big Black Dick posted:

The racist ones - at leas the ones I've seen - are funded by People Who Play By The Rules PAC (sidenote: loving lol) which is chaired by Dan Proft and funded by Dick Uihlein. It's 100% republicans going after Irvin for not being racist enough.
Oh my god Dan Proft? Of Dan Proft and Amy Jacobs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujnPEiAJOI

Anyways, here's Jesse Sullivan reminding us that tax hawks are literal children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CImkCZfpPE&t=30s

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh my god Dan Proft? Of Dan Proft and Amy Jacobs?

The very same: https://www.elections.il.gov/CampaignDisclosure/CommitteeDetail.aspx?ID=meYU8YumQ1UjlydtIJRv9w%3d%3d&T=637877048873643454

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

Anyways, here's Jesse Sullivan reminding us that tax hawks are literal children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CImkCZfpPE&t=30s

So they don't want to pay their bills? Got it.

In other news anyone else get their Facebook bucks today?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I just saw an ad paid for by "Irvin for Governor" that is accusing Sullivan of stolen valor. Now it's getting spicy!

Well it is true.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Niwrad posted:

Well it is true.

Sullivan was very mad and made a counter ad with even more swiftboat veterans.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He worked for a consulting firm that would go over to Afghanistan to point on a map and say "build a school here". The companies are all politically connected and it's just corporate welfare. But he got to wear some fatigues and take photos so he pretended he was GI Joe.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Irvin was in Iraq for a week for the first Gulf War so he didn't do much either.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Djarum posted:

I hate the “I am going to tax your allowance.” Bullshit that completely ignores the purpose of taxes.

I have not gotten my ZuckBucks but my QAnon loving family members both did.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

Irvin was in Iraq for a week for the first Gulf War so he didn't do much either.

I think it's that Sullivan came out saying he led combat troops in Afghanistan when he was not in the military and just some suit working for a consulting firm. Seems like they've toned it back on his site, but he was clearly trying to portray himself as a combat vet.

I don't know about Irvin's record, but he isn't cosplaying as a vet from what I've seen.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/paschutz/status/1525175521142788100

I don’t think this guy is winning his primary

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Djarum posted:

Got my Facebook Fun Bucks today, my wife hasn't gotten hers yet though. I think she submitted after me, so maybe they're going in order?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Illinois at least seems to be taking the position of being very open for abortion. Talks of Chicago even using funds to help people who need to travel here. Clinics are also looking to hire because they’re expecting a surge of people from anti-choice states like Indiana to come here.

This is overdue anyway because out of state people coming to get abortions in Illinois has almost quadrupled since 2014.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Lager posted:

Got my Facebook Fun Bucks today, my wife hasn't gotten hers yet though. I think she submitted after me, so maybe they're going in order?
No ZuckBucks here either. I don’t remember what my redemption method was, but so far there’s nothing in my bank account or my PayPal. :shrug:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

fourwood posted:

No ZuckBucks here either. I don’t remember what my redemption method was, but so far there’s nothing in my bank account or my PayPal. :shrug:

I just got a check - I don't remember seeing options for redemption, I think they're just mailing them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Lager posted:

Hah, I got my check today too. I was expecting $3.50, not $397

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Everything's still pointing in his direction. It's kinda tough to call a guy a RINO when he's out-raising the rest of the field something like 10:1 (and using that cash to call all of them RINOs).

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Darren Bailey pulled a Democratic ballot in 2008 and now all the candidates are piling on him.

https://twitter.com/MarkMaxwellTV/status/1525526120841502720?s=20&t=KVuGF1c7zBPknXgFPcFZiA

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The X-man cometh posted:

Darren Bailey pulled a Democratic ballot in 2008 and now all the candidates are piling on him.

https://twitter.com/MarkMaxwellTV/status/1525526120841502720?s=20&t=KVuGF1c7zBPknXgFPcFZiA

I mean biden is basically a republican so it makes sense if he were trying to move the democrats even further to the right.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

rachel ray romano posted:

Everything's still pointing in his direction. It's kinda tough to call a guy a RINO when he's out-raising the rest of the field something like 10:1 (and using that cash to call all of them RINOs).

Oh okay. I got a Bailey text message that said Irvin was a Democrat that said Trump sucked and I was like "Uh? Yeah? That would be what a Dem would say, why is this news?"

Clear that little mystery up!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I saw an "attack" ad against Bailey from the DGC talking about hours conservative he was and pro-gun and anti-choice that it was obvious the advertising equivalent of push polling to try to get all the R's to vote for the downstate guy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The X-man cometh posted:

And in 2004, Wisconsin’s primary wasn’t until April, and I still voted for Howard Dean even though he’d been out for months. Voters do weird poo poo, and names don’t get removed from ballots.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
This is practically ancient history right now, but I assume that he was probably participating in Operation Chaos which was a Limbaugh lead charge to get Republicans to vote in the 2008 primary to keep the Obama/Clinton fight going.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Clouseau posted:

This is practically ancient history right now, but I assume that he was probably participating in Operation Chaos which was a Limbaugh lead charge to get Republicans to vote in the 2008 primary to keep the Obama/Clinton fight going.

I think Bailey has said before that this is what he was doing. A later tweet in that thread however pointed out that Project Chaos was started a month after the Illinois primary.

Now Bailey could claim that he was the inspiration for Limbaugh’s idea which would be on brand for someone like him.

A few questions I have are:
- if Bailey wins the primary, does Ken Griffin shift his support to him or hate Bailey out of spite (while Bailey continues to bring the Uhlein money)?
- if Irvin wins the primary, does Bailey go on to support him or is there bad enough water between them so Bailey turns his back on Irvin?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

- if Bailey wins the primary, does Ken Griffin shift his support to him or hate Bailey out of spite (while Bailey continues to bring the Uhlein money)?
- if Irvin wins the primary, does Bailey go on to support him or is there bad enough water between them so Bailey turns his back on Irvin?

This certainly seems like a proxy battle so if Bailey wins Griffin won’t likely put support behind him, at least not to the level that he will with Irvin.

Really though there isn’t much chance of either winning. They have spend all the money in the world but Pritzker has high approval ratings where it matters. You can’t win the state with just downstate bullshit and all of these losers are trying to show who has filled himself with more bullshit from the hose.

Trying to run who is more of a wackjob campaign in a deep Blue state is just a suicidal maneuver.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea any Republican who wants to win, absolutely has to win over the Chicago Suburbs. The Chicagoland area has more than half of the voters in the state. Suburban republicans are not nearly as crazy as their downstate brothers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It'll be exciting to see if DuPage stays blue.

(I fully expect to be disappointed)

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Irvin is Black, what do you think?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

It'll be exciting to see if DuPage stays blue.

(I fully expect to be disappointed)

Been seeing a fair bit of Rabine signs (and only Rabine as the only gov candidate) in my part of Dupage.

Hoping it stays as well, but doubtful.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sure was great for the dems to do jack and poo poo with their vaunted blue wave. Nothing gonna change until it all goes up in flames.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Lager posted:

I signed my wife and myself up for them the same day. She got her check Saturday and I'm still waiting on mine.

Jows
May 8, 2002

The wife and I still haven't gotten our Facebook zuck bucks

E: mine is in the mail today!

Jows fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 19, 2022

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I requested mine thru PayPal and nothing yet, but my spouse's check arrived this week. Hope I don't get left behind

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Forgot I could get it through PayPal got my facebucks yesterday.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Mine came through Zelle(???) this morning

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
i posted too soon, just got my paypal in. hell yeah

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Big LOL @ the Bailey ad that's clearly trying very hard to say Make Illinois Great Again without actually using those four words in that order. Seems like a bad plan; plenty of people that would be turned off by it are still going to notice, and I don't think the magic spell to activate the chuds works if you don't use the exact words.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You all are making me wish my privacy was violated.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Still nothing. Bummer.

I wish they would mention in the email how you chose to accept the money or give you the ability to check your claim.

I want my ZuckBucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Illinois is BACK!

https://twitter.com/suntimes/status/1527658153810313221