Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

gret posted:

Should've gotten the heptagonal burr version of the 1ZPresso Q2 grinder that is only sold on AliExpress. They basically copied the Comandante's burrs which is probably why they're not selling that version of the grinder outside of China.

You mean this one?

The C2 was $90.

Imagine dropping $1600 on a manual grinder and not going flat burr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Wow, this espresso tastes so heptagonal. I feel so interesting all of a sudden.

Weird, you don't seem interesting at all

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MustardFacial posted:

You mean this one?

The C2 was $90.

Imagine dropping $1600 on a manual grinder and not going flat burr.

LOL. I don't know what's up with that pricing. It's usually ~$100.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

gret posted:

LOL. I don't know what's up with that pricing. It's usually ~$100.

I think Commandante caught on and put a stop to it, because the normal version with the standard burr grinder is $135, but any of the ones I can find with the 7 core burr are $250+

Also Canada prices are higher for everything because this country is incompetent.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1524863250604519424

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Overpriced Coffee grinder is a new low for this thread

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wtf is vettel doing on question time?

Im still not going to watch that trash tho

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

manual coffee grinders are dumb as hell

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Wtf is vettel doing on question time?

Im still not going to watch that trash tho

mumbling mostly

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
just use those coffee grinders to grind up your weed instead

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I bought one like a fool and spend no less than 5 minutes cranking the thing until I have enough grounds to use the Aeropress it sucks rear end

Hot Karl Marx posted:

just use those coffee grinders to grind up your weed instead

I have a ceramic coated weed grinder so it doesn't get all grody, and also probably releases some awful chemicals into my lungs so I die a tragic, young death.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ethanol posted:

Overpriced Coffee grinder is a new low for this thread

LMAO if you think $100 is overpriced for a coffee grinder.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gret posted:

The Canadian dollar isn't that weak

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

gret posted:

for an electric one, no

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

check out this noob who hasn't achieved enlightenment through manual grinding meditation

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just combine my manual grinder with my Milwaukee drill

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This thread desperately needs a race. It falls apart during off weeks.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

it's been nearly three weeks, these long breaks are silly

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

This thread is only readable between races.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ArmZ posted:

check out this noob who hasn't achieved enlightenment through manual grinding meditation

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Mustard did you get your coffee grinder from eight ounce coffee?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

that thumbnail is full crybaby

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

the paradigm shift posted:

that thumbnail is full crybaby

the vid is even worse

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

hey quid I found some reading for you

https://twitter.com/jacobin/status/1524883366511796225

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
just lol at using grinders to make your coffee instead of the way real Europeans do it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ROFLBOT posted:

just lol at using grinders to make your coffee instead of the way real Europeans do it

Gast haal gewoon kruidvat huismerk.

Anyway I'm p hyped for Perez getting that second WDC position for like 1 week after the Not-Honda explodes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That film probably spoke to me more as someone who had his mom hop churches every couple of years growing up because she wasn't fitting in then shoved me into the Catholic school system because she thought it was poor man's private school but I really can't advocate for that film enough. Its loving shocking that the film was made in 2019 because its incredibly prescient to the times we now live in. Also its just a loving great Verhoeven film.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

does anyone have any material handy on that time porsche tried showing mclaren their v12 and got laughed out of the building

i feel like reading about some fails in f1

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just buy a cheap coffee grinder. You are only going to use it to cut up your weed anyway.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I just made my kids watch the 'SuperMax' youtube video.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
and this is the coffee grinder I have at the house. The coffee I get from that is _amazing_.

https://www.oxo.com/oxo-on-conical-burr-coffee-grinder-with-intergrated-scale.html

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
If you drink tea, which also tastes way better, all you gotta do is add some bags to boiling water

I'm not supposed to even have caffeine anymore after some health issues showing up a month or so ago.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

does anyone have any material handy on that time porsche tried showing mclaren their v12 and got laughed out of the building

i feel like reading about some fails in f1

Looks like Motorsport wrote about that engine, the Porsche 3512, a couple years ago, and it looks like there is a McLaren anecdote in there.

quote:

Porsche had originally entertained hopes of persuading McLaren to use it, and the team was given a briefing in 1987.

"One of the Porsche engineers had this briefcase, and he took out this single drawing, which was the general layout of the engine," recalls former McLaren man Steve Nichols. "He started unfolding and unfolding. I just looked at this thing and thought 'how bizarre'. It was like they'd taken two of our little V6 engines, and stuck them together.

"It was quite wide, and quite tall, and it was just l-o-n-g. And it had gear drives up through the middle where they'd stuck the two V6s together, and a shaft that came out through the vee. So the gearbox was going to be way up high to accommodate that. I came out of the meeting and said to Ron Dennis, 'Sign the Honda contract.' It just looked like it had no future..."

lmao 'sign the Honda contract' just direct like that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

In other news, extremely hyped race held in Eastern time on a broadcast network and not during football season does well in the American TV ratings

quote:

Sunday’s Miami Grand Prix drew the largest audience for a live Formula 1 race broadcast in the USA.

Formula 1’s regular broadcaster in the US is ESPN but parent network ABC took on the Miami Grand Prix broadcast, boosting viewership. An average live audience of 2.6 million people watched the coverage. Qualifying and practice were broadcast on ESPN. Qualifying drawing 953,000 viewers and the first practice session on the new Miami International Autodrome attracted 398,000. These were the largest qualifying and practice audiences since F1 returned to being broadcast on ESPN in 2018.

F1’s figures compared favourably with those for NASCAR, America’s most popular form of motorsport, which held its Darlington 400 on the same day, drawing an audience of 2.614 million.

An average 735,000 people between the ages of 18-49 watched the Miami Grand Prix. This is a key demographic reflecting the younger audience growth F1 claims it has seen from the popularity of Netflix’s Drive To Survive series. They represent between 28% of F1’s viewers, which compares favourably to NASCAR’s 19%.

Last year’s US Grand Prix drew an average audience of 1.2 million, the most viewed in the US in 2021, showing significant growth in audience to Miami.

notably, it about doubled the ratings figure for the USGP at COTA last year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

yeah I never got why they were having american F1 races on at the same time as the loving NFL playoffs. Americans arent going to watch F1 over football, especially the playoffs

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

yeah I never got why they were having american F1 races on at the same time as the loving NFL playoffs. Americans arent going to watch F1 over football, especially the playoffs

What are you talking about? Playoffs are January, the F1 off season.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

right, i dont know the timing well, I just remember some races were on during the NFL and it seemed dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

right, i dont know the timing well, I just remember some races were on during the NFL and it seemed dumb

NFL season is September through mid-February, so it's one thing for Americans in the eastern half to have Formula 1 the same as Premier League/La Liga coverage in the morning, but another for races to happen in the same time window as live NFL games.

the Las Vegas race supposedly happening in or around Thanksgiving weekend will make for a very interesting question both for people going to the race and also for viewership over that weekend. Remember, that's also apparently going to be a Saturday night race too.