Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/dimension_tide/status/1523313790091149312?s=21&t=uI9lSXCQV7j2nH-iC5V-yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
That is a real trailer btw

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/centipedemouse/status/1523318326889353218?s=21&t=2ALH6q09bGjuYt3FGi8iBQ

I thought this was a joke. It is not. (Except the career highs part… although…)

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/centipedemouse/status/1523318326889353218?s=21&t=2ALH6q09bGjuYt3FGi8iBQ

I thought this was a joke. It is not. (Except the career highs part… although…)

Well you can't get much higher than directing a movie in space...unless you count producing the Alien franchise

I've always been curious about the original version of Supernova, it seemed like a movie that was going to be bad to mediocre, but the studio made it horrifically bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I wish trailers were still this good

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I saw the end of Supernova on tv once. I didn’t know what the hell I’d just watched. For years after that I’d confuse it with Event Horizon for obvious reasons.

I watched the Labyrinth UHD last night after having it for quite a while. Looks great. I think they went and fixed some of the dodgy compositing in the Fire Gang sequence. Not complaining, it was the only kinda crappy looking thing in an otherwise wonderfully polished movie.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
"If you can't stand the heat get out of the universe." has got to be the greatest tagline of all time.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Hard Target UHD is really good. Can’t believe how clean but filmic it is.

Showed it to my gal for the first time and she enjoyed its unbridled insanity.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is Arrow the one where people care about the slipcovers, or is that Vinegar?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Gripweed posted:

Is Arrow the one where people care about the slipcovers, or is that Vinegar?

Uh both?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think people care more about Arrow slips. With VS, every release direct from them has a slip and the site tells you how many are left in stock. With Arrow, it’s a nebulous first print with slips and not all releases get them. I’ve seen people get real upset that some releases don’t get them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

I think people care more about Arrow slips. With VS, every release direct from them has a slip and the site tells you how many are left in stock. With Arrow, it’s a nebulous first print with slips and not all releases get them. I’ve seen people get real upset that some releases don’t get them.

What a bunch of loving losers.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The very first thing I did with the 12 Monkeys UHD was remove the slipcover and put it in the recycling.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
My Alfred Hitchcock's Classics Collection Vol. 2 4k UHD from Gruv came in on Friday, four days early. Super fast shipment.

It's thicker than Vol. 1, and it looks nice.

I haven't had time to actually watch any of them, though.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The one I'm most interested in from that set is The Trouble With Harry. Any VistaVision UHD is a no-brainer for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1523683291500806145

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Did we really need the hastily photoshopped zombie hands on the steelbook?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Did we really need the hastily photoshopped zombie hands on the steelbook?

How are we supposed to know it's a horror movie without there being a bunch of monster hands?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah that's a real shame about the artwork.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Seems like the hands might just be on the slipcase, so you could remove it. And maybe use on a Steelbook that’s more worthy!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

idle hands could've used a steelbook.

drat I didnt know The Kindred was limited production run for the blu-ray. things going for like 85+ on buy it now.

dorium fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 9, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I totally forgot that I had an old DVD of TCM2 :negative:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Why is everyone talking about Turner Classic Movies 2?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1524842905013170177?s=20&t=02eiD2iZC3W8QU-eUzkNRA

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sweet looking forward to another night of ERROR PAGE WONT LOAD

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

guess its time to start compiling a wishlist of stuff and save some extra cash.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does anybody ever actually redeem the codes for online copies that come in Blu-ray’s?

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody ever actually redeem the codes for online copies that come in Blu-ray’s?

I do if they allow you to use google play/youtube. Never bothered setting up a Movies Anywhere account yet.

Also I'm hoping Severin will have the Brigette LeHaie films available again during the sale (I'm guessing they are the two of the eight) missed out on ordering those. I remember Faceless being one of the better late Franco films, but it's been nearly a decade since I've seen it. I'm expecting a lot of the old "Redemption" (Kino now) to eventually be remastered so I'm holding off on those and the Jean Rollin's 70s work, as elegantly trashy as they are.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Gripweed posted:

I’ve never redeemed a single one. I just leave them forever in the bluray cases.

Kinda was hoping some day that they’d get sued for the expiration date policy, like, price fixing or something by including a vanishing good, like those laws against prepaid visas running themselves to $0. Do I ever think that’ll happen? no, it probably wont.

….but if there ever is a future settlement i will go thru and pull out gobs of them from my library lol.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

I sell them to offset the cost of the movie a bit. save that money up for more movies.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don’t have any Severin stuff. Scanning the front page that history of Folk Horror doc looks interesting, and those cheapo post-apocalyptic movie. I should just sit this one out though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I have a good friend who is digital only and I just let her have first go at any codes I get. I've taken to adding them to my own collections if she doesn't want them even though I'm not likely to ever use them. I think I sold one, once

Reminder that Disney's codes can also be used not just for the digital copies, but also for their Disney Movie Insiders (formerly Disney Movie Rewards) program. I've gotten a lot of theatrical posters that way, among other things.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've redeemed one or two of mine

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Intend to redeem stuff like TV shows because you never know when you might want a random episode of Batman TAS or whatever

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It’s kind of a hassle to put them in so I tend to procrastinate until they expire.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I've successfully redeemed codes long past their dates of expiry so never hurts to try.

Getting a UV code that expired 4 years ago to redeem on another service is :krad:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Hell yeah I use em. I doubt I’ll ever be in a position to actually watch one but poo poo, you can technically get 4K Heat on Apple.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Always be redeeming movie codes and handing your friends the login/password.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OK well if anyone wants them, here are all my Ultraviolet codes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

OK well if anyone wants them, here are all my Ultraviolet codes

1. Lionsgate, already redeemed 2018.11.24 via Vudu
2. Funimation, invalid, so this one probably expired
3. Flixster, already redeemed, unknown when
4. Ghostbusters 2
5. Wolf of Wall Street, already redeemed today

1 out of 5, that's one more than I started with. Thanks!