Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

just get ductless

that is inefficient compared to central HVAC if you have more then 2 rooms, or multiple floors and a lack of exterior walls/interior rooms. Unless ductless is something different then I'm thinking.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 20:50 on May 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean compared to not getting anything it seems fine ?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

I mean compared to not getting anything it seems fine ?

Yea my situation isn't ideal. But I don't want to have additional HVAC systems. I already have a two-zone house because it's a vertically oriented house. If I were doing it from scratch, I'd probably consider a multizone ductless system instead.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

i am harry posted:

all my toilet seats have soft towel like material covers on them because I don’t like a cold bum

strongly suggest the toto c200 washlet bidet seat - it not only bidets your bum but it'll learn your pooping pattern and keep the seat warm for you, also it sucks up the farts while you are pooping just all around A++ toilet upgrade

e: oh but holy poo poo get it on sale i got it for like 200 bucks and now it's 800???

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Gotta drop 10gs to replace the shitter line :waycool:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Do you adjust the psi/pressure of the bidet? Like I 've seen the movies where it's kinda going up maybe 2-3 feet and then stop, but like if you want a super clean butthole/potential skin debridement is that an option?

asking for a neighbor.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

sometimes I wonder about doing my interior walls in glass brick for aesthetics and flood resilience purposes but then I wonder about the insulation— it’s not clear to me if it’s only in my ceiling space or what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bricks of any sort and "flood resilience" don't exactly mix

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:gas:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

Do you adjust the psi/pressure of the bidet? Like I 've seen the movies where it's kinda going up maybe 2-3 feet and then stop, but like if you want a super clean butthole/potential skin debridement is that an option?

asking for a neighbor.

the toto washlet c200 has 20 pressure settings, from "trickle on your butt" to "enema", it also fan dries your rear end! it warms the water too and you can adjust the temperature

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i have an alpha gx wave, it's pretty good, nightlight is clutch for dudes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mad Wack posted:

the toto washlet c200 has 20 pressure settings, from "trickle on your butt" to "enema", it also fan dries your rear end! it warms the water too and you can adjust the temperature

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not a bad price

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol, yeah the seat i got is like 230 right now

https://alphabidet.com/products/alpha-gx-wave-bidet-seat

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

30 bucks and you can adjust the pressure/angle by moving your hand:

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Toilet-Adjustable-Pressure-Feminine-Stainless/dp/B086W1YZSH/ref=sr_1_9?th=1

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we spent $27k on a new air conditioner (and ducts) last summer

im going to need you to rebuild our polar ice caps and glaciers, thank you

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

a cold water bidet is as pleasant as it sounds

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hubbert posted:

im going to need you to rebuild our polar ice caps and glaciers, thank you

we switched from gas to an electric heater and netted $7k in immediate tax breaks lol

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

you can still get it for 430 on amazon but holy poo poo that inflation i paid like 200ish in 2019

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i bought a chinese knockoff brand one of these for like $100 and it’s pretty good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

someone I knew from my hometown way back when was bragging about his first home and how he was gonna put carpeting in his kitchen and I wondered if there’s some sort of Hippocratic Oath equivalent for contractors to not ruin someone’s house intentionally by doing dumb poo poo like that

The house my wife lived in senior year of college had a carpeted kitchen, though it was a single-family house converted into a duplex so I have to imagine the carpet was there before the kitchen. Still bizarre as hell though.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bawfuls posted:

we closed yesterday so now my stress shifts to making the place livable before the first mortgage payment is due in july so we can avoid paying double rent

7 weeks to paint, replace gross stained carpet with real flooring, and knock down a weird hanging wall

post the photos

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

strongly suggest the toto c200 washlet bidet seat - it not only bidets your bum but it'll learn your pooping pattern and keep the seat warm for you, also it sucks up the farts while you are pooping just all around A++ toilet upgrade

e: oh but holy poo poo get it on sale i got it for like 200 bucks and now it's 800???

I can definitely afford that for $200

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
What the hell happened to this thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

err posted:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

err posted:

yospos

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

i say swears online posted:

i thought a friend of mine at amazon earned like 140k/year but turns out it's closer to 320k. he's a loving idiot with a serious drinking problem. hearing that number made me hyperventilate; 60k/year may as well be infinite money to me, that would triple my income. i'm going to die poor and i don't know what to do about it

from a few pages back but i was chatting with a buddy from hs the other day. he makes enough money to own a house in denver and be the only source of income for his family (has a wife and year old kid). works for the government doing IT stuff, former military

i was talking to him about math or something and he asked why the equation y = x makes a diagonal line. i was confused. did he mean like what is an integral or something? no, why does y = x look like “/“. i had to patiently explain like… very, very basic algebra to him.

i have never had an apartment of my own for my entire adult life. this man makes like 3x what I do, easily, and he doesn’t know basic graph stuff. i got A’s in differential equations and linear algebra and i make peanuts wiping rear end for a living. it honestly makes it very tempting sometimes to quit healthcare and jump into tech. gently caress, dude, maybe i would at least be able to afford my own place.

sorry to poo poo up the housing thread with this post but it feels pretty good to vent

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah I don't know what your friend does but software is just an insanely easy job, it doesn't really require you to be smart in any particular way and there are a lot of really dumb people who clean up. The only thing about it is that it's confusing at first and you have to just grit your teeth through the learning process. A lot of our society leans on the idea that everything is determined by a kind of inborn natural aptitude (racism can't really function in a liberal society otherwise) so a lot of people bail out really prematurely.

It can be really tough to actually get into one of the incredibly lucrative jobs though, since the entire hiring process is constructed to capture Stanford grads and other richies. Would be pretty straightforward to make more than healthcare though.

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

yeah i get it. my buddy isn’t a bad dude as far as i know, just trying to get by like everyone else, and I feel bad dumping on him. I’m in a field I like, doing work I feel fulfilled by. I’m just frustrated because the average rent in my city is $2,190 and I make just over that a month. poo poo sucks dawg

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

pogi posted:

former military

No you shouldn't

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They probably get 2000 a month in military disability because their hearing has a 2% deficiency

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

pogi posted:

yeah i get it. my buddy isn’t a bad dude as far as i know

but you said he’s former military. this is some basic y = x morality poo poo.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

bricks of any sort and "flood resilience" don't exactly mix

wrong motherfucker

see: FEMA Homeowner’s Guide to Retrofitting, chapter 7

glass blocks rule

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

The Housing Market Thread: You need to bring your imagination

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

197 saves lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Live in the garage if it's so great then, bing bong so simple

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that home now has a pending offer lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/CollapseTalkPod/status/1523716115276644358?s=20&t=ISB4z5W49muXciE5kZnZqg

The replies are amazingly dumb, but I wish I knew the story behind the pictures.

:qq: replies im sure

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

pogi posted:

from a few pages back but i was chatting with a buddy from hs the other day. he makes enough money to own a house in denver and be the only source of income for his family (has a wife and year old kid). works for the government doing IT stuff, former military

i was talking to him about math or something and he asked why the equation y = x makes a diagonal line. i was confused. did he mean like what is an integral or something? no, why does y = x look like “/“. i had to patiently explain like… very, very basic algebra to him.

i have never had an apartment of my own for my entire adult life. this man makes like 3x what I do, easily, and he doesn’t know basic graph stuff. i got A’s in differential equations and linear algebra and i make peanuts wiping rear end for a living. it honestly makes it very tempting sometimes to quit healthcare and jump into tech. gently caress, dude, maybe i would at least be able to afford my own place.

sorry to poo poo up the housing thread with this post but it feels pretty good to vent

I mean do it, you totally can dude. If you can get through calc and diffy q you can learn to code well enough to get a job in a few months. Highly recommend Harvard's cs50, it got me a job

IAMKOREA has issued a correction as of 15:59 on May 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

30.5 Days posted:

Yeah I don't know what your friend does but software is just an insanely easy job, it doesn't really require you to be smart in any particular way and there are a lot of really dumb people who clean up. The only thing about it is that it's confusing at first and you have to just grit your teeth through the learning process. A lot of our society leans on the idea that everything is determined by a kind of inborn natural aptitude (racism can't really function in a liberal society otherwise) so a lot of people bail out really prematurely.

It can be really tough to actually get into one of the incredibly lucrative jobs though, since the entire hiring process is constructed to capture Stanford grads and other richies. Would be pretty straightforward to make more than healthcare though.

yea, meritocracy is such a brain disease, a liberal social disorder