Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also if you want to futureproof your roster pick flashy assassins because they're a lot less susceptible to kneejerk hard nerfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New patch in wildrift nerfs 4 champions I play, my top 4 most picked, all of them in the exact way I play them.

Your welcome Wild Rift players, this is my fault

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Thanks for the tips for csing. I will start without bots because I already struggle to get more than 6cs as is.

Midig posted:

Assuming you are a midlaner and then second role top laner? Do you tend to get autofilled a lot?

I'm mid with top second. I very rarely get auto filled. Also I get top very rarely. This is on EUW.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I also suggest apps like blitz as you can put your cs/min in the corner of the screen and it will also show what you should be getting for your rank (or the rank above you if you set it to). Very helpful.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The hardest part of Tristana is realising the exact point in the game that your W stops being useful as a damage/slow because placing yourself in melee range of the badguy is suicide and you're better off relying on Stormrazor for slowing at that point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't know how Im consistently so fuckin bad at ARAM but here I am plugging away and getting dumpstered in ways I'd rage quit if it were ranked

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

The hardest part of Tristana is realising the exact point in the game that your W stops being useful as a damage/slow because placing yourself in melee range of the badguy is suicide and you're better off relying on Stormrazor for slowing at that point.

Don't buy storm razor on trist normally imo. It's a forgotten item that's not really better than the other options

If they have 1 or 0 tanks try starting a dirk, building kraken, collector, ie.

If they have multiple tanks try kraken, ldr.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 12, 2022

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I legit completely forgot that stormrazor was still in the game, does any champ actually build it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super Librarian posted:

I legit completely forgot that stormrazor was still in the game, does any champ actually build it

It was pretty good in wild rift until this patch, which is less me saying its bad and more this patch added a bunch of poo poo and I no longer know if its still good

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Super Librarian posted:

Not anymore, crit builds are basically locked into 4 item slots (greaves, mythic, zeal item, ie) and other 5th item options like LD, BT and ER (or even GA) give champs a lot more value

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

As SSJ said you do see it on Trist from time to time. The jump in crit burst is decent on her.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ulio posted:

As SSJ said you do see it on Trist from time to time. The jump in crit burst is decent on her.

Yeah but she has plenty of aspd from hail or Lethal tempo and collector will be more damage.

As will phantom dancer actually

I used to be a huge Stormrazor booster but I don't think it's very good right now

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Storm razor was great before riot ruined ADC items by making them all piecemeal 20% crit chance items. Now you kinda don't have much choice since you have mythic, zerks, completed zeal item, IE. You probably have to get some kind of defensive item to not die (GA, bloodthirster, mercurial scimitar) and then if there is at least one tanky opponent you have to get %armor pen, which only lord dominiks regards gives. Just no room for what used to be a great first item that paired well with rapid-fire cannon.

Seriously, also stuff like mortal reminder being such a dogshit grievous wounds item is baffling. Absolute worst when the support can just nab putrifier and tank thornmail. I don't know why they removed the %armor pen from it

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Btw how has corki not been nerfed his damage is insane.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Berserkers Greaves aren't in wildrift and boots are a mandatory slot so you've got five items to work with as ADC and your shoes ain't giving you what you want, but everything is 25% crit rate and they released an item so disgustingly broken for crit fishing they had to nerf it into the ground and its still really good.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 12, 2022

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Interesting Wild Rift changes

Dragon Soul's gone again:

quote:

Once you slay your second Dragon, each following Dragon kill will increase the power of the Dragon Buffs by 1.5 - 2 times. We’ve also made a few other adjustments:

The terrain will change after the first Dragon is slain.

Individual Elemental Dragons will still grant their elemental effect:

Infernal Dragon: 4% Adaptive Attack Damage or Ability Power.

Ocean Dragon: 3% Missing health every 5 seconds.

Mountain Dragon: Grants 6% Armor and magic resistance.

Instead of Dragon Soul, after your team slays its second Dragon, the elemental effects can stack. This will increase the power of each individual dragon buff by 1.5 - 2 times. For example:

Infernal Dragon: 4/6/8% Adaptive Attack Damage or Ability Power.

Ocean Dragon: 3/4.5/6% Missing health every 5 seconds.

Mountain Dragon: 6/9/12% Armor and magic resistance.

Elder Dragon will spawn at 20 minutes with a 4 minute respawn timer.

Seedjar now lets supports skedaddle away:

quote:

[UNCHANGED] UNIQUE - PROPAGATION: When you or an ally hit a nearby plant, it drops a seed that only you can see. You can pick up and replant that seed at any location on the map.

[NEW]: Picking up a seed grants +40% movement speed decaying over 2.5s

Demolish is in; less HP scaling, lower cooldown, double base damage

quote:

When within 550 range of a turret, change an attack over 3 seconds. Attacking the turret discharges the attack dealing 200 (+ 25% maximum health) bonus Adaptive Damage. (30 second cooldown)

Lethal Tempo is in; instead of more range max stacks gives more ASPD, does not break the aspd cap

quote:

When attacking enemy champions, gain a stack of Attack Speed. For melee champions, these grant 6-12% (based on level) Attack Speed per stack. For ranged champions, these grant 3-9% (based on level) Attack Speed per stack.

6 stack maximum. When maximum stacks, gain additional 30% bonus Attack Speed

Kraken Slayer is back!....In rune form! Has AP scaling, weird onhit interaction

quote:

Every third attack on a champion deals [28-70 (based on level) + 30% bonus AD + 20% AP] bonus true damage.

Kraken Slayer does not have a cooldown

On-hit effects do not add a stack, but can trigger the full-stack damage

Fleet Footwork healing down, now gives mana sustain

quote:

Minion healing: 100% melee / 30% ranged → 60% melee / 20% ranged

[NEW ] Restore 8% missing mana or energy when triggered against a champion

Blue buff no longer gives HP regen, gives more energy, first kill now grants ability haste, subsequent kills now give less ability haste, but also gives ultimate haste

quote:

Crest of Insight (Blue Buff)

Restores (10 + 1% max mana) mana, (1% max energy) energy per second → Restores (10 + 1% max mana) mana, (5 + 1% max energy) energy per second

[REMOVED] When out of combat for 5 seconds, restores 5% of missing health per second

[NEW] Grants 15 Ability Haste

Stronger Crest of Insight (Evolved Blue Buff)

Gain 20 Ability Haste → 15 Ability Haste

Restores (15 + 1.4% of max mana) mana, (1.5% max energy) energy per second → Restores (15 + 1.4% of max mana) mana, (5 + 1.5% max energy) energy per second

[NEW] Gain 15 Ultimate Ability Haste

[REMOVED] Increases out of combat heath restore to 7% of missing health

Pretty nice that WR gets substantial patches ngl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They nerfed my four terror maidens and all they added was a lousy Ekko in Wild Rift.

But no seriously, its a massive patch that also added in remakes and better compensation for match quitters ruining your day in ranked. I do think unless something changes towers are gonna fall too easily to characters like Tyrandamere and if the inhib goes down in Wildrift that starts a pretty quick death spiral

Edit: I think they said explicitly they want to see Kraken Slayer on Teemo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Speaking of massive patches, the changes in 12.10 are even more extensive than what was previewed originally. The S@20 dude has said that there's something like 80+ champions that had number adjustments, to the point that he's not even bothering trying to document them all this time. It'll easily be the biggest balance change - and likely the biggest balance disruption - in the game's history, at this point.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

How Rude posted:

Btw how has corki not been nerfed his damage is insane.

He has been nerfed thats why you don't see him in proplay anymore. He has less ammo and they take longer to recharge now. So you can't just perma spam rockets, the dmg is still high though. But he can't just willy nilly shoot rockets now. I played him pre nerfs and it was very forgiving when you missed.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
im glad wild rift is just getting insane nonsense because it means theyre less and less likely to attempt to port those changes to SR

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Kraken Slayer keystone is the only crazy one imo, will be interesting to see how AP carries fare with it

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bad thing about league, whenever you play too much you realize why you took a break and stop. The match making is kinda poo poo imo, I rather wait 4-5min and get everyone in their roles than get 1-2 min queue and get 1 auto 1-2 ppl in their 2nd role.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The main reason I like Stormrazor on Trist is that as well as the extra burst, having a slow that doesn't require me to put myself in melee range is really good for locking enemies down enough for a fully stacked bomb.

If I need a lord doms or a mortal reminder, I usually swap out my RFC.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm sure it works, but I'm also just saying you'll do more damage with collector second .

But if you end up with like 700g going back, which is a common thing, you can get a dirk early and it's super strong.

Looking at stats sites, collector vs Stormrazor second item has about equal number of people building, but 1% higher wr for collector. (both are slightly better than rfc and pd is about on par with Stormrazor actually)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Verviticus posted:

im glad wild rift is just getting insane nonsense because it means theyre less and less likely to attempt to port those changes to SR

You say that and yet Rammus' new ult came from Wild Rift, so they're clearly fine with taking stuff from it.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Hellioning posted:

You say that and yet Rammus' new ult came from Wild Rift, so they're clearly fine with taking stuff from it.

Please PLEASE put wild rift karma ult in

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
I like Stormrazor as a burst item but I'm honestly kinda disappointed they removed Statikk and never actually honed into making Energized its own build option like they stated in s9/10; adding another Energize item and returning Statikk always felt to me like it could be good considering the effects can stack.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Consider that most ADCs should not be good at waveclear and Statikk made all ADCs good at waveclear.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They're also backporting character models from Wild Rift into the main game so your poo poo aint so ugly.

Wild Rift Karma kicks rear end even after being nerfed for like 3 patches in a row.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The number 1 feature I would like from Wild Rift is Lux's auto attacks becoming beam zaps when she's proccing her passive.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

The number 1 feature I would like from Wild Rift is Lux's auto attacks becoming beam zaps when she's proccing her passive.

Wait is that not how that works on PC??? That little flourish kicks rear end. Its like 50% the reason I ever play her.

Also I've never understood if Morgana is supposed to be evil Kayle or evil Lux, can someone help with this?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Morgana is evil dark Kayle in lore, but evil dark Lux in gameplay.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Barudak posted:

Wait is that not how that works on PC??? That little flourish kicks rear end. Its like 50% the reason I ever play her.

Also I've never understood if Morgana is supposed to be evil Kayle or evil Lux, can someone help with this?

Original Lore: Morgana was doing something with Noxus, Lux was spying on them (that's why she has the spellthief skin) and copied her spells except less evil.

New Lore: I don't know man.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

lux is the lady of luminosity. morgana hates to fly and loves the soil

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Morgana also thinks her sister is a self righteous bitch

strong bird
May 12, 2009

she wouldnt use that kind of crude language

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Barudak posted:

In lore Morgana and Kayle are the twin daughters of the Aspect of Justice (like Pantheon is the Aspect of War and Taric the Aspect of Protection). When the Aspect died her swords went to Kayle and Morgana, Kayle’s version of justice is punitive and absolute, Morgana’s version is redemptive but sinister at times. They fought and that is why Kayle has both swords now.

In terms of Gameplay though yes Morgana is meant to be similar to Lux.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

morgana has huge heaving tits and u can see them. and a very high cut dress so u can see her leg. its pretty cool. she makes a really bad and ugly face in her run animation though so its not all good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

strong bird posted:

morgana has huge heaving tits and u can see them. and a very high cut dress so u can see her leg. its pretty cool. she makes a really bad and ugly face in her run animation though so its not all good

I was a Morgana main until the VGU where now she runs while throwing her hands around in a weird way. Just overall hate the way she looks now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They didn’t give Lux the beam auto so Zoe could have it. More experienced Zoe scholars could comment on whether this was a price worth paying.