Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Class3KillStorm posted:

This enormous woman will devour us all!

I can't believe I have to say this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Jymmybob posted:

Couple episodes in and it definitely kept the energy of the last S1 episode, getting weirder by the moment. Hope it can keep it up because I thought S2E2 was the best in the series so far.

edit: through E4, weirder and better than expected by a fair bit

watched it all and it peaked early by teasing things happening but was a completely generic wet fart of an ending that developed exactly 0 of the interesting parts. Didn't mind watching but it's :geno::The Show

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I need to come clean about something. It must have been over a decade ago now, there was a guess that movie screenshot thread here. I posted a screenshot of two women walking away from the camera and nobody was able to guess it was from Gojira.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

sometimes you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Godzilla gets a YouTube award (Part 2)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I recently watched the 1969 animated feature The Flying Phantom Ship, a weird little curiosity that I guess is best classified as a kaiju movie, although it plays at being a ghost story, a James Bond style spy flick, and an alien deep sea creature invasion story at points. ...on second thought, that just strengthens its kaiju bona fides, doesn't it?

Giant crabs created by/empowered by human greed for the cold, crisp taste of Coca-cola control human weapon profiteers and industrialists from their undersea base. They manipulate mankind into a series of self destructive false flag battles for profit. Opposing them are the high tech Flying Phantom Ship, its ghostly captain, and a young boy who drives the plot by clumsily pressing buttons he shouldn't. This tragic kid somehow loses two mothers, two fathers, and nearly kills a third before the day is saved.

Maybe the most notable thing about it is that it had some nowadays well known names attached to it. Shotaro Ishimori is credited with the original idea. It was directed by Hiroshi Ikeda, who'd go on to head R&D for Nintendo (!) during the NES days. It also have Hayao Miyazaki doing some key animation, which is very evident in the giant robot fight.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

HannibalBarca posted:

hey, at least there's the secondary market! :v:

also, if you're jonesing for that Biollante poster, the artist usually has a few extra prints that he puts up for sale on his website once the street date rolls around.

https://www.strongstuffshop.net/

should be july-ish for the biollante poster I think?

Thank you for this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/godzilla_toho/status/1522622545941385216?s=21&t=Al60_j_6o7AXeq0zsTW_DQ

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The hell is cold brew hot sauce

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

The hell is cold brew hot sauce

It's like hot brew cold sauce, but different

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Your stomach sounds like an Akira Ifukube jam after that concoction.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You'll be doing a rendition in the bathroom.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

You'll be doing a rendition in the bathroom.

So basically the SNES version of it from Super Godzilla.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Anyone here play framed.wtf ? It's like wordle for movie screenshots. Today's movie should be a gimme for everyone who posts in this thread.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/kylecorbett29/status/1523108794771083264?s=21&t=n_omSEhNFFRFI-8eH-4Xqw

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hell yeah, my friend got a real hoot out of that when we popped on the Biollante blu-ray. It pops up that rating tidbit on a big blue screen too. The finest violence around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/kojima_hideo/status/1523949873934270470?s=21&t=ccwnYr23rMICZp5sVJuAnQ

Let him make a Godzilla game

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let him make a Godzilla game

Let him make a Godzilla movie

Which would probably involve a kaiju vomiting out an army of naked half-kaiju humans at some point, so ya know, a sequel to Shin Godzilla

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nanokaiju, son!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He also gave Shin Ultraman the kiss of death

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1523667056956043265?s=20&t=dfp1hgEgiICKPAYi2wWAGg

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hideo is the king. And gotta love that giant Godzilla head on that building, is that the Godzilla hotel I heard about or another thing? Good to see.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They haven’t announced a US date for Shin Ultraman yet, have they?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

Hideo is the king. And gotta love that giant Godzilla head on that building, is that the Godzilla hotel I heard about or another thing? Good to see.

It is the hotel. The place has all the movie posters in the lobby and the restaurant has Godzilla themed items to order. Also you can watch G movies on a dedicated channel when you stay there.

Still no Shin Ultraman announcement for outside of Japan at all :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can't really see it getting a wide release or even limited. Ultraman is infinitely more niche than Godzilla. It's a huge shame - either gonna to import or just end up pirating to see it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hideo not liking it tampered my expectations but I still want to see it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

I can't really see it getting a wide release or even limited. Ultraman is infinitely more niche than Godzilla. It's a huge shame - either gonna to import or just end up pirating to see it.

Oh yeah I’m not expecting a wide release but otoh Tsuburaya has been really putting out actual effort for getting Ultraman out there in America and honestly I would think they would do a limited showing in a few markets the same way Shin Godzilla came out for 2 days in the Autumn of 2016. I expect if so there will be showings in LA, San Francisco, and NYC if anywhere

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm just expecting a limited release like they did for Shin Godzilla.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

F O L K S

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1524884296061681664?s=21&t=LQnYxH1k6K8zsOyhnM8sIw

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
How many different main characters have these movies had now?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

How many different main characters have these movies had now?

Two: Godzilla and Kong.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is the fifth movie, they've already done King Ghidorah. Come on, bring in my boy, give us the big budget CGI Gigan

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Biollante c'mon.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Baragon till the break of dawn! I do like that Guest actor, pretty entertaining guy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If they do want to continue the plotline of, uhhh... the bad people? William Hurt was their leader? I think Mechagodzilla was made by people in league with those guys? Maybe? If they want to continue that story they could do Hedorah as an artificially created self-evolving anti-Godzilla weapon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

D E S T O R O Y A H

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

How are they going to keep playing the "VS" angle? Actually, I don't know why I'm asking, it's like I'm giving them credit for making sense.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

me and who

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gripweed posted:

If they do want to continue the plotline of, uhhh... the bad people? William Hurt was their leader? I think Mechagodzilla was made by people in league with those guys? Maybe? If they want to continue that story they could do Hedorah as an artificially created self-evolving anti-Godzilla weapon

i know he said he was retiring but for enough money i think we could get jim carey to come back as dr. robotnik. godzilla vs that big egg robot.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

That's a shame. GvK sucked so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too bad for you then.