Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's okay for people to be fully aware that storyline injuries are storyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Frankly I like that they say her injury is too severe while she's tweeting out her best life.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dark: Elevation spoilers

quote:

-Bear Bronson defeated Brandon Cutler
-Brody King defeated Alex Reynolds
-Emi Sakura and Nyla Rose defeated Anna Jay and Yuka Sakazaki
-The Gunn Club and The Acclaimed defeated Zack Clayton, Bryce Donovan, Lucas Chase, and GKM. Anthony Ogogo was on commentary for this match.
-Evil Uno and 10 defeated VSK and Eric James
-Mercedes Martinez defeated Trish Adora to retain the ROH Women’s World Championship. Martinez won with a dragon sleeper.

Rampage spoilers

quote:

-Death Triangle defeated The Butcher, The Blade, and Marq Quen. The House of Black confronted Death Triangle.
-Shawn Spears defeated Bear Boulder. After the match, Spears beat up Boulder with a steel chair.
-Ruby Soho defeated Riho in a Owen Hart Foundation tournament quarterfinal match.
-Tony Schiavone interviewed TBS Champion Jade Cargill, Kiera Hogan, and Red Velvet. Schiavone announced that Kris Statlander will be replacing an injured Hikaru Shida against Red Velvet next Friday on Rampage.
-Scorpio Sky defeated Frankie Kazarian to retain the TNT Championship. Despite Sky telling Dan Lambert and Ethan Page to not get involved, Lambert distracted the referee and Page hit Kazarian with the TNT title. After the match, Sky revealed he was in on the plan and struck Kazarian with the belt again. Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti, who were at ringside, ran off Lambert & Men of the Year.

Also, Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee beat Chaos Project in an actual dark match.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

quote:

-Ruby Soho defeated Riho in a Owen Hart Foundation tournament quarterfinal match.

Boooo that sucks come on lay some respect on Riho tony she was your first champ!! she's still quite possibly the best wrestler in the division!!!

quote:

-Scorpio Sky defeated Frankie Kazarian to retain the TNT Championship. Despite Sky telling Dan Lambert and Ethan Page to not get involved, Lambert distracted the referee and Page hit Kazarian with the TNT title. After the match, Sky revealed he was in on the plan and struck Kazarian with the belt again. Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti, who were at ringside, ran off Lambert & Men of the Year.

oh my god are they seriously doing this again. i guess it's for the best because you can't really have tay be even a little heel against a team that has been calling her a slut for the last two weeks, but also: christ

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Man that TNT title angle sounds like absolute dogshit lol. Face Scorpio vs. heel Page is such a layup feud, what is the point of the direction they picked

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Edward Mass posted:

END THIS

loving END THIS

JUST loving STOP

IT'S TIME FOR SAMMY TO MOVE ON

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vandar posted:

END THIS

loving END THIS

JUST loving STOP

I miss C*dy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Right before he left Cody said that what they wrre about to do with the TNT title was going to be very strange and buddy he wasnt lyin

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There haven't been many angles in AEW's history that I would say should be inducted into WrestleCrap, but the Guevara-Sky feud is approaching that. Pobody's nerfect.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's like Tony decided the TNT title is the Wrestlecrap Containment Zone where all his worst ideas get funneled into

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Man the TNT title sounds like absolute dogshit lol

At this point I'm just willing to say this

From Brodie losing it onto this, there's only one decision I 1) agreed with and 2) thought led to anything good afterward, and that was Miro winning and thanking god for it every chance he got

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Edward Mass posted:

There haven't been many angles in AEW's history that I would say should be inducted into WrestleCrap, but the Guevara-Sky feud is approaching that. Pobody's nerfect.

The thing is, they stuck the landing! They pulled off a double turn and had a clean opening to move on, they even scrapped the mixed tag match so there was no compelling force keeping ATT and Sammy/Tay together!

I am willing to see where this goes because I cannot fathom they would do this without another good destination already in mind, but I cannot begin to imagine what the payoff could possibly be

edit: The best I can do is "Getting everyone pissed off about the quagmire the TNT title is stuck in so people go crazy when Miro returns and rescues it"

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 12, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They could have set up a babyface Sky but then went with this. Why?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Sammy really doing the Cody speed run now with the way too quick alignment switches

you're still going to get booed dog, steer into the skid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This angle has been, is, and probably will continue to be embarrassing.

Even if the end result is everyone just being heels, I think this may be one of the dumbest ways to get there.

Edit: though the matches have been good for the most part. That's probably the most frustrating thing.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 12, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

xbilkis posted:

edit: The best I can do is "Getting everyone pissed off about the quagmire the TNT title is stuck in so people go crazy when Miro returns and rescues it"

jeez, this'd be so good. Miro returning to a massive pop, beating the poo poo out of Scorpio Sky, being all like 'I HAVE COME TO KILL GOD AND TAKE BACK THE BELT YOU HAVE ALL DESECRATED' and I don't think anyone'd disagree that Miro would be the face in this scenario

hell, you could also have Page, Scorp, Sammy and Tay begrudgingly teaming up to get it back, which Miro would counter with The Redeemed: Kip Sabian, Penelope Ford, and Fuego Del Sol, all with renewed purpose from Miro's forgiveness and tutelage. Of course, they'd slowly turn heel over time, but that'd be a hell of a way of redeeming this lovely storyline.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Woof that Rampage sounds worthy of being on at 5:30

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That TNT Title stuff sounds absolutely atrocious. I knew when they booked Kaz/Sky for this week that nothing good could come of it, but good lord. They're going to be in LA in less than a month. I'm amazed they didn't have the patience to do the match there. And Scorp was so over as a babyface after the ladder match. What the gently caress are they doing?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeepDickPizza posted:

. And Scorp was so over as a babyface after the ladder match. What the gently caress are they doing?

Honestly I'm still not sure that Scorp wasn't just over because he was the "not Sammy" option

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly I'm still not sure that Scorp wasn't just over because he was the "not Sammy" option

Oh, I'm sure that's true, but it's still something better to build off of than whatever this bullshit is.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm at least waiting until i see how the match actually goes b/c sometimes the people who write summaries are real bad at actually understanding how things go and somehow i doubt they're, like, turning sammy and tay face again

plus i still like ethan and scorp as a duo and i wouldn't mind them staying together, and being quasifaces that still are absolutely happy about pulling some match fuckery against heels is a decent place for their vibe

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

i'm at least waiting until i see how the match actually goes b/c sometimes the people who write summaries are real bad at actually understanding how things go and somehow i doubt they're, like, turning sammy and tay face again

plus i still like ethan and scorp as a duo and i wouldn't mind them staying together, and being quasifaces that still are absolutely happy about pulling some match fuckery against heels is a decent place for their vibe

The match itself was technically excellent but the crowd was dead because it was late and we were tired.

And as for what's happening, all around me people were asking what the gently caress are they doing because it's a total mess with Sammy and Sky because Sky went from possible face to definite heel and Sammy went from heel to maybe a face everyone boos or just a flat out heel? No one was quite sure. It was very strange.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mostly i just really liked how the leadup to the second stadium stampede was a feud between cartoon villains and actual gently caress-you evil villains but you wanted to cheer for the former b/c they were showing up the latter

it did lead to jericho's crew being faces for a bit (or at least everyone but jericho and hager) but at the very least it showed that they could do a dynamic of heels vs heels for a good while

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flatluigi posted:

mostly i just really liked how the leadup to the second stadium stampede was a feud between cartoon villains and actual gently caress-you evil villains but you wanted to cheer for the former b/c they were showing up the latter

it did lead to jericho's crew being faces for a bit (or at least everyone but jericho and hager) but at the very least it showed that they could do a dynamic of heels vs heels for a good while

Inner Circle was definitely a Babyface crew at that point.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Strawberry Panda posted:

Inner Circle was definitely a Babyface crew at that point.

i'm talking about from the top, when mjf turned on inner circle by forming the pinnacle and beating them bloody

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flatluigi posted:

i'm talking about from the top, when mjf turned on inner circle by forming the pinnacle and beating them bloody

Ah yeah makes sense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA rules.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1525648572523610112

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Hell yeah

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What dump did they dig that stable out of?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can only identify d lo, who are the other members of aces and 8s?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

I can only identify d lo, who are the other members of aces and 8s?

Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff I think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yesterday's Impact tapings

Laredo Kid defeats Black Taurus
Alisha Edwards defeats Renee Michelle. Postmatch Masha Slamovich gives Alisha an envelope
Hikuleo defeats Vincent
W Morrissey and Gujjar defeat Raj Singh and Mahabali Shera
Trey Miguel defeats Alex Shelley in an Ultimate X qualifier
Slamovich defeats Jessicka Havok
Kaz and Chris Sabin fight to a no contest when Honor No More attack both
Joe Doering defeats Josh Alexander by DQ
Mia Yim defeats Savannah Evans. Postmatch Jordynne Grace stops Tasha Steelz from a double-team attack
Kenny King defeats Blake Christian
Matt Taven and Mike Bennett defeat Rhino and Heath. Postmatch HNM attack but are chased off by Sabin, Kaz and Shelley
Jordynne defeats Chelsea Green
Moose and Steve Maclin defeat PCO and Morrissey. Postmatch Sami Callihan attacks Moose and says he's showing up every time Moose does until Moose is willing to fight him
Briscoes defeat Chris Bey and Switchblade Jay White

Today's Impact tapings

Crazzy Steve and Taurus defeat Zicky Dice and Johnny Swinger
Laredo defeats Blake
Rich Swann defeats Matthew Rehwoldt
Good Bros say they're facing Briscoes for the belts at Slammiversary. Brawl ensues, Briscoes stand tall
Rosemary defeats Tenille Dashwood. Postmatch Madison Rayne and Tenille double-team, but get chased off by Taya Valkyrie
Maclin defeats PCO. PCO may have legit hurt his shoulder on a stairspot
Taven, Bennett and Eddie Edwards defeat Kaz and MCMG. Postmatch HNM attack them and Heath
Violent by Design defeat Alexander and the Briscoes
Bey defeats Raj
Tasha and Savannah defeat Jordynne and Mia
Trey defeats Speedball Mike Bailey
Masha defeats Alisha
Vincent and Kenny King defeat Aces & Eights (Garrett Bischoff and Wes Brisco, with D-Lo Brown). Postmatch HNM try to attack D-Lo again but MCMG and Kaz make the save
Contract signing for Alexander's world title defense against Eric Young at Slammiversary ends in VbD attacking Alexander and getting chased off by Sami

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Until they bring back the Beatdown Clan nobody care.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vandar posted:

END THIS

loving END THIS

JUST loving STOP

Honestly, the only involvement from Sammy I want to see at this point is to make it about SCU EXPLODES, with Sammy watching Kaz’s back as he chases Scorpio for the title.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bring back Cheex

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Honestly, the only involvement from Sammy I want to see at this point is to make it about SCU EXPLODES, with Sammy watching Kaz’s back as he chases Scorpio for the title.

I do not, in fact, want to see Sammy turn face again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

At this point I think Sammy is too injured for the mixed tag and they want to do Tay-Kaz as a replacement team. Then you can have Sammy and Tay betray Kaz and keep them heel. CD can come out to help Kaz and you have a triple threat SCU match in the Forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You're overcomplicating things, simply have Kaz attack the Bucks and Daniels backs him up and when the Bucks say they broke up forever, Sammy walks down the ramp and goes "SCU is no more, but you can't stop SAMMY SEE YOU!" and Tay kicks them in the balls.