Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

there are a lot of very creative fun levels and a lot of bad levels made by literal children its really fun and worth playing especially if you like making your own levels imo

iirc it has a lot of easy ways to filter out the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just ten characters is weird, where the hell is Dr. Baby Mario? Because if the Dr. Mario mobile game taught us anything, it's that obtaining a medical degree in the Mushroom Kingdom is a drat joke.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tiny Timbs posted:

iirc it has a lot of easy ways to filter out the trash

Here's the best way to filter it out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892822

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

hatty posted:

There sports games always have free characters added later

Oh yeah?
Prove it, give us at least 20 examples

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Upsidads posted:

Oh yeah?
Prove it, give us at least 20 examples

The last twenty Maddens.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Has any madden actually done that

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

That's just John Madden 20 times. Same dude now he's dead.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mega64 posted:

Just ten characters is weird, where the hell is Dr. Baby Mario? Because if the Dr. Mario mobile game taught us anything, it's that obtaining a medical degree in the Mushroom Kingdom is a drat joke.

Dr. Baby Mario is a paleontology expert, and there are plenty of skeletal creatures to study in the kingdom

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thinking today that I want a Donkey Kong Game and Watch the has original Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Donkey Kong 94 on it. Who do I send my wonderful idea to?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who is it? I'm interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KohgQ4YCQu0

pangaeapanga. super chill, doesn't ever curse, just has a fun time playing good and bad levels.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's extremely hosed up that the only way to play DK94 is with an original cartridge, a Super Gameboy and an SNES (unless they released it on WiiU or something).

When they bring over Gameboy games to the NSO service they should include a way to play the Super Gameboy enhanced version of 94.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
DK94 is on the 3DS

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

American McGay posted:

It's extremely hosed up that the only way to play DK94 is with an original cartridge, a Super Gameboy and an SNES (unless they released it on WiiU or something).

When they bring over Gameboy games to the NSO service they should include a way to play the Super Gameboy enhanced version of 94.

Funny you should mention the Wii U....

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I. Want. Mario vs Donkey Kong.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Would you be okay with Kirby 64?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1524917570649956352

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Honestly Paper Mario and Kirby 64 are just about the only games I'm interested in on N64flix. I'd maybe play Yoshi's Story.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nintendo win

Spellman
May 31, 2011

hatty posted:

Thinking today that I want a Donkey Kong Game and Watch the has original Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Donkey Kong 94 on it. Who do I send my wonderful idea to?

You will get a Year of Luigi instead

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
DK94 is so good. Probably one of the best Gameboy games ever.

Shame the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series is so mediocre.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario Vs Donkey Kong is the ugliest Nintendo game

hatty fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 13, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nice blurry rear end Emuparadise screenshot OP.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s just what the game looks like sorry about your glaucoma

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Here's a better pic.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Probably one of the funniest Mario voice performances comes from that game, an increasingly desperate Mario telling DK to stop during the interstitials

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I've always thought Mario vs Donkey Kong was kind of ehhhh, and when a friend tried to sell me on DK94 by saying it was the original inspiration for it, I was not really enticed.

Thankfully I trusted their judgement, because DK94 is an underrated masterpiece.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

what about: a fully remastered, graphically updated version of Donkey Kong 64. no adjustments will be made to beaver bother

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

goethe.cx posted:

beaver bother

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kirby 64 is a good time

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bleck posted:

I've always thought Mario vs Donkey Kong was kind of ehhhh, and when a friend tried to sell me on DK94 by saying it was the original inspiration for it, I was not really enticed.

Thankfully I trusted their judgement, because DK94 is an underrated masterpiece.

DK94 is easily one of the best gameboy games.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

hatty posted:

Mario Vs Donkey Kong is the ugliest Nintendo game

American McGay posted:

Here's a better pic.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Spacebump posted:

DK94 is easily one of the best gameboy games.

Also this.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hell yeah

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
heavily jpg compressed ds screenshots should be illegal

way too many times have i seen people pull them up and go "but this is what ds games looked like!!!" and it's some next level deep fried bullshit

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1524752888211378176?t=wsTkC1I8qtlcu1NWGN-ZQw&s=19

Strikers looking pretty interesting. Electric fences, no fouls, special powers, and gear you can equip to improve stats. I didn't see a waluigi crotch chop though

Customization appears to be the name of the game. Beyond the uniform designs, numbers, color for Home and Away uniforms, and the stat-altering Gear, you can also customize your very own Stadium with stadium themes, what images you get on the electric fences, the field, the goal-line decorations, and the goals themselves.

Second to only the online focus. I wonder if they're using the new online infrastructure that they used in Superstars which would bode well for the online stuff (casual Quick Battles and the Strikers' version of other games' Ranked Modes).

Other than that, we know that single player tournaments are back thanks to Cup Battles being a selectable thing.

Poopy Palpy posted:

She has to be unlockable, right? What would be the point of a Mario Strikers game with no Daisy?

Probably to make new HD assets and customizable poo poo for everyone left since Charged is God knows how many years old at this point.

Spellman posted:

Probably one of the funniest Mario voice performances comes from that game, an increasingly desperate Mario telling DK to stop during the interstitials

"Don't be a monkey! :argh:" :allears:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I made Mario Maker levels based on those games, they should add DK so I don't have to use Bambam

Spellman fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 13, 2022

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
they should make Kirby mandatory

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chronojam posted:

Dr. Baby Mario is a paleontology expert, and there are plenty of skeletal creatures to study in the kingdom

I mean of course the little kid is big into dinosaurs.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
DK94 let Mario backflip and do a handstand and that's why it's the best game.

I must've beaten that start to finish like at leads half a dozen times. The controls and platforming just felt so solid.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
these games used to be 70 dollars. by god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I remember getting DK94 from a yard sale and beating the first world thinking it was just a Gameboy port of the arcade cabinet and realizing there was an entire Mario game behind the first 4 levels and that it was actually the best 2D Mario platformer ever made due to sick parkour moveset was one of my all time favorite “WHOA” gaming memories