Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Overseerr is nicer than ombi imo and it plays very nice on mobile. Piece of cake to use, and it has some nice stuff like letting you browse a networks content (eg HBO, Netflix, CBS, Disney etc) which is really nice for finding new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I finally got Radarr v4 working in a TrueNAS jail but it won't let me use Jackett pointed to /all, which I guess wasn't a good idea in the first place. So I've already got to set up another jail for Prowlarr and now this? Stop making me make new jails :argh:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Took me maybe 5 minutes to switch from hydra to prowlarr, but I am running containers on unraid

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For those with a large amount of linux ISOs, how do you handle backups?

I keep my ISOs on an external USB drive plugged into the desktop, no backup solution. I know it's only a matter of time before that bites me.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

I keep my ISOs on an external USB drive plugged into the desktop, no backup solution. I know it's only a matter of time before that bites me.

I personally do not backup linux ISOs. They can be downloaded again. Backing up that junk is just a waste of bits (in my opinion). You could get a NAS and have 2 drives mirroring and survive if one kicks the bucket, though I personally do not do that as I do not believe it's worth it. I backup important stuff to B2. It's extremely cheap to upload and store it there, it's expensive to download (or ship a drive). But, if I need that backup then yeah, that'll be worth it. I hope I never do.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Volguus posted:

I personally do not backup linux ISOs. They can be downloaded again. Backing up that junk is just a waste of bits (in my opinion). You could get a NAS and have 2 drives mirroring and survive if one kicks the bucket, though I personally do not do that as I do not believe it's worth it. I backup important stuff to B2. It's extremely cheap to upload and store it there, it's expensive to download (or ship a drive). But, if I need that backup then yeah, that'll be worth it. I hope I never do.

Thanks. I was thinking along the same track of "just download the ISO again" in the event of a crash.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Hughmoris posted:

I recently moved my whole setup to a seedbox in the Netherlands on a gigabit pipe. It took less than a day to redownload all my Linux ISOs.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the vast majority of stuff will be readily available for the forseeable future, and if it's not we'll probably all have bigger problems to deal with. If it's something truly obscure and hard to find then yeah maybe throw it in a B2 or something, but if you ever need Linux ISO Wars Episode II: Attack of the rclone you can just grab another copy with a few mouseclicks.

kri kri posted:

Took me maybe 5 minutes to switch from hydra to prowlarr, but I am running containers on unraid

I am probably doing things the hardest way possible with FreeNAS jails, but I do have a short list of commands that I can run for every new jail now and just change out the app name as needed. Adding stuff to Prowlarr now and it is indeed pretty easy and nice looking. Putting in all these public trackers is going to be a grind, again :mad:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

more falafel please posted:

I recently moved my whole setup to a seedbox in the Netherlands on a gigabit pipe. It took less than a day to redownload all my Linux ISOs.

I know little of how this works but would be interested, can you explain it and share the name of the company you went with?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Incessant Excess posted:

I know little of how this works but would be interested, can you explain it and share the name of the company you went with?

Sure: https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-seedboxes.php It's not super cheap (I got the 16TB storage one), but I'm sick of managing hard drives, worrying if they're gonna fail, wondering if I should set up a NAS or homebrew one myself, etc. Plus, I want to be able to access my Plex remotely, share it with friends, and let it transcode (before I was running everything off a Raspberry Pi, so if Roku couldn't play a file natively, I couldn't play it), I don't want to worry about my own bandwidth when I download a few seasons of Linux ISOs, and I can use public torrents for Linux ISOs. I can also seed torrents indefinitely without worrying about my own upload bandwidth, so I can give something back to the open source community.

The only real drawbacks are the price, the fact that now everything is remote so I use bandwidth to watch stuff, and that I'm not sure what happens if I need more storage.

They give shell access (but not root), every program I've wanted to install has a one-click thing on their control panel, but I should be able to install arbitrary stuff as long as it doesn't need root.

But drat, is it sick to hit download on a 10 gig Linux ISO and have it... ready to install... and showing up in Plex in like a minute.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Hughmoris posted:

I just run a cron job once a month that dumps a directory listing of the media shares to a text file and emails me a copy. I use unRAID and it has some redundancy built in but if I lose two drives and the media goes with it then oh well, get it again later. I only back up things I really care about, personally ripped media and very rare stuff.

The trouble with going the packrat route is that it will never end unless you actively cycle things and no one has time to do that. So yeah just try not to care about it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I am using a server with Saltbox that automigrates to an unlimited storage Google Apps drive. Works great.

Violator
May 15, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

I just run a cron job once a month that dumps a directory listing of the media shares to a text file and emails me a copy.

drat, great idea.

On another topic, I’m surprised there are basically no podcasts I’ve seen listed on any indexers.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Violator posted:

drat, great idea.

On another topic, I’m surprised there are basically no podcasts I’ve seen listed on any indexers.

For paywalled stuff there’s just pirate RSS feeds that plug right into your podcast app. Downloading them is kinda redundant

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

The Gunslinger posted:

I just run a cron job once a month that dumps a directory listing of the media shares to a text file and emails me a copy.

This. Anything truly difficult to recreate/find again gets backed up on separate physical media (DVD discs, another external HDD, or Google Cloud for documents/photos). Otherwise pool redundancy has been enough for close to 14 years for everything else, and it's survived disk failures, controller failures, and machine failures. Longest it might take to get back online is 2-3 days if I don't mind waiting for parts to ship, or I can drive to the closest Microcenter and get whatever I need.

Backing up 60TB of zpool space mostly filled with easily replaceable data seems like it's not worth the time/effort. But then again it's all home use, so it's not like downtime affects much of anything. Having a list of what was on the pool is more important.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have 16tb of very simple NAS I was going to replace with something bigger and fancier but everything costs way too much right now.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah I use treeindex user script on unraid with gets rclobned to tha cloud

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have 16tb of very simple NAS I was going to replace with something bigger and fancier but everything costs way too much right now.

Keep your eyes on https://shucks.top

Violator
May 15, 2003

LOL awesome.

LOL there are 18TB drives now!?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Violator posted:

LOL awesome.

22TB and 26TB drives announced today. 50TB coming soon.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/western-digital-shares-roadmap-26tb-today-50tb-tomorrow

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oof, I shucked 8x8TB Easystores a few years ago and they were just at $150 after tax from Best Buy. Looks like those start at $160 now :homebrew:

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

There's another website that actively watches harddrive prices like this. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Violator posted:

LOL awesome.

What happened with all that SMR bullshit? Is that still a major performance concern?

My last update was a bunch of 10tb white drives shucked from elements drives

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
SMR is ok in a single drive, in raid it unusably slow.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is Mylar just a bad app? I’ve poked at it from time to time but it always is either borderline unusable due to errors/crashes or just doesn’t do anything. It’s super weird as linuxserver’s stuff is usually pretty rock solid.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Warbird posted:

Is Mylar just a bad app? I’ve poked at it from time to time but it always is either borderline unusable due to errors/crashes or just doesn’t do anything. It’s super weird as linuxserver’s stuff is usually pretty rock solid.

Is the container on the Mylar3 branch? The original has been EOL’d since 2020.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Warbird posted:

I never got it to do anything at all, but...

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is the container on the Mylar3 branch? The original has been EOL’d since 2020.

...I checked and it's the old version and hasn't been touched in a year. Maybe I'll mess with Mylar3 at some point soon.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’ve tried Mylar3 and Mylar…..not 3, and only ever got the latter to do anything approaching anything. It’s not a huge issue, but it seems odd that LSIO would feature a broken app so I thought the problem could be on my end.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Armauk posted:

There's another website that actively watches harddrive prices like this. For the life of me, I can't remember the name.

https://diskprices.com

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

That's it! Thank you.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is there a way to get better failed download handling without an *rr? I'm just lazy, don't want to download much stuff. Most of the time I can just download an NZB through the indexer's website and then drop it into SABnzbd and it works, but when it doesn't work my computer doesn't like it very much at all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is there a way to get better failed download handling without an *rr? I'm just lazy, don't want to download much stuff. Most of the time I can just download an NZB through the indexer's website and then drop it into SABnzbd and it works, but when it doesn't work my computer doesn't like it very much at all.

Not really?

SABnzbd has no idea what you’re downloading, it just takes the nzb and does it’s thing. All of the “that download failed, let’s find something else” lifting is done by an *arr because those know what you were looking for so can look for another version.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Sorry I should have been more specific. When SABnzbd fails it usually hard locks/crashes the whole computer. I just want that to not happen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh, try nzbget then

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that sounds like something is going super badly wrong and you’re going to need to dissect logs. Switching to get is probably the easiest solution, and to my knowledge both programs are pretty feature matched these days and most people just stick with what they’re used to.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Sorry I should have been more specific. When SABnzbd fails it usually hard locks/crashes the whole computer. I just want that to not happen.

Something is quite hosed up with your system if SABnzbd is causing a hard lock, especially if it's repeatable.

As a general rule, if a normal application is able to cause a total system crash on an operating system that doesn't just let apps do whatever they want to the whole system (read: anything newer than Win9x and MacOS 9) there is either a problem with the hardware or the OS itself.

I'd bet you either have a RAM problem or a failing disk if a download needing repair is what triggers your problem. Try making a Memtest86 USB, boot that, and let it run for the night.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Is there a new April 2022 map for resellers? A lot of things that didn't get hits on BlockNews got hits on TheCubeNet, but I've just had such a repeatedly awful experience with them (Both times I've bought from them, I had to email them to rejig my account after doing a block-based password change -- something that I had to do anyway because the password that came with it didn't work. I have one 50 gig block with 4gig left and it craps out when I try to actually download from them, etc. Just absolutely loving awful and tedious for a service that should literally just work). I'm wondering if I can just go to a reseller for the same network and get something around the same price that actually loving works

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

alexandriao posted:

Is there a new April 2022 map for resellers? A lot of things that didn't get hits on BlockNews got hits on TheCubeNet, but I've just had such a repeatedly awful experience with them (Both times I've bought from them, I had to email them to rejig my account after doing a block-based password change -- something that I had to do anyway because the password that came with it didn't work. I have one 50 gig block with 4gig left and it craps out when I try to actually download from them, etc. Just absolutely loving awful and tedious for a service that should literally just work). I'm wondering if I can just go to a reseller for the same network and get something around the same price that actually loving works

you can use https://whatsmyuse.net/ and then just enable the direct backbone check but i would bet the same issues would happen on any of the resellers but who knows. i am surprised you found so much on that didnt work on blocknews. how old were the posts? ive generally had bad experience on anything that was on the usenet express network.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
If you want a block on thecubenet's backbone you can get 1TB for $10 or 4TB for $25 from here https://newsgroupdirect.com/usenet-deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Okay I'm kind of at my wits end here. I've got Plex running on my Synology NAS all hooked up with sonarr/radarr/sabnzbg/etc and generally playing content on my LG CX oled. Starting around maybe about 9 months ago a lot of releases have started playing with green-purple hues all over everything (and if I try to watch Plex on my PC, I get "Color Space Not Supported"). I can't tell from Sonarr/Radarrs file listing what exactly is causing it but it appears to be related to Dolby Vision although it's usually not marked in file names. I've had to go through about 10 different downloads to find one that finally worked. I didn't use to have an issue with HDR content so this is really something that's only sprung up recently and no idea why HDR suddenly is loving everything up?

What the gently caress do I need to blacklist from NZBHydra/*arr programs, or is there any way to fix my LG CX/Plex such that DV content plays without it all being colored purple/green? I guess I could force requiring "SDR" in title but even that doesnt meant every listing will have it or not have it; and I kinda liked having HDR working before.