Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It won't be. It's not housing.
Yeah, I'm not really expecting it to be.

Doesn't change that I kind of want it to be. The game desperately needs a personal instance house (not apartments) so players can scratch that itch if they want, but fight for a ward house if they really care about being in a neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

100%. I don't give a poo poo that some players are now gonna get the house for free that they won in the lottery anyway. I'd much rather them take away all but one of the houses from the folks that own multiple

I mean I agree it sucks but 'gently caress you, we changed the rules' isn't a reasonable answer. How so you even do that? Do they decide which house to keep? If someone is a co-owner because they went in together on multiple houses do they just get hosed?

It sucks. It does. But at the end of the day telling people they are having something they bought legitimately taken away is also unfair.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Do you ever wonder if SE considers housing as they implemented it a mistake they have to suffer? Perhaps they never considered that their game would grow big enough to outstrip the amount of plots there are or ever will be. Or that players would collude to buy out entire wards, sometimes using loopholes in their flimsy rules to do it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"How could you possible handle this conundrum of people having spent all their money in the past weeks, after they were told their bid on a house might have won and they should take their refund because in the future there will be a way to pay again in case they actually won the plot behind the scenes???"
:goonsay:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"I'm sorry but we have to poo poo on you the alternative would be to poo poo on those other people and that would be mean."

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

How many of you were even in one of the affected drawings?

If you weren't, you didn't lose poo poo.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

SE should have made a custom cut scene of Aymeric in the elephant costume doing a Fortnite dance on their vacant plot that ends with a big golden "YOU'RE POOR" quest complete banner popping up and voiding their winning lotto number

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Kurieg posted:

"I'm sorry but we have to poo poo on you the alternative would be to poo poo on those other people and that would be mean."

You were already shat on by losing the housing lottery. Whether the winners pay or don't pay doesn't matter. You were never getting a house either way. Live with it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

orcane posted:

"How could you possible handle this conundrum of people having spent all their money in the past weeks, after they were told their bid on a house might have won and they should take their refund because in the future there will be a way to pay again in case they actually won the plot behind the scenes???"
:goonsay:

there were plenty of people who claimed their refund between when the selection period ended and when the first announcement came out. if I walked up to the board and saw a message that I didn't win, I wouldn't hang out on the window to confirm which number did win, I'd take my money and leave. maybe you'd take that money afterwards and dump it on an expensive glam piece or something as a consolation. I dunno! only reason this didn't happen to me personally is that when I logged in to check the plot I bid on there was already a house built.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

No Mods No Masters posted:

If island sanctuary was going to satisfy anyone on that front, presumably they would have said so and not entered a state of petrified terror silence about the entire feature

Definitely this. I tempered (lol) my expectations waaaaay down with the silence we got after 'we'll talk about it more!'

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I agree it sucks but 'gently caress you, we changed the rules' isn't a reasonable answer. How so you even do that? Do they decide which house to keep? If someone is a co-owner because they went in together on multiple houses do they just get hosed?

It sucks. It does. But at the end of the day telling people they are having something they bought legitimately taken away is also unfair.

I don't view it as unfair. I view it as unfair that these people get to just sit on 10+ houses in a system that is already so scarce for players to get housing. I don't care that they bought 10+ houses legitimacy. And yes you tell the player "choose which house to keep, the others will be taken away". The co-owner thing, I don't have an answer to that, it's not my job to find the answer anyway.

I don't consider this equal to some players getting the lotto houses for free in terms of fairness before someone replies about that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

You are not being poo poo on. Your situation is exactly the same as it was before this. Nothing has changed for you.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

King Cohort posted:

You were already shat on by losing the housing lottery. Whether the winners pay or don't pay doesn't matter. You were never getting a house either way. Live with it.

ImpAtom posted:

You are not being poo poo on. Your situation is exactly the same as it was before this. Nothing has changed for you.
I was talking about the housing barons but Yeah sure thanks for reminding me where I stand. I appreciate it.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I was talking about the housing barons but Yeah sure thanks for reminding me where I stand. I appreciate it.

You're welcome.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kazy posted:

How many of you were even in one of the affected drawings?

If you weren't, you didn't lose poo poo.

Me and my FC were hit by it, still hoping we win when the fix comes through. That said, even if we lose I don't give much of a crap about the "free" house. I will be disappointed that we lost but I would have disappointed by that even if they charged the winner 300% of the price. As has been said, other people getting a little lucky doesn't make my life worse.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SettingSun posted:

Do you ever wonder if SE considers housing as they implemented it a mistake they have to suffer? Perhaps they never considered that their game would grow big enough to outstrip the amount of plots there are or ever will be. Or that players would collude to buy out entire wards, sometimes using loopholes in their flimsy rules to do it.

I mean, look at this man's reaction to asking about the possibility of other wards.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1494921047291809794

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

"We cannot realistically find the hardware to create the housing wards for all players, so we need to revoke the houses from players who have more then one personal house for a better play experience for all. You have 90/180/360 days to forfeit excess houses for a full gil refund."

What is this co-owner thing? As far as I understood there's two kinds of houses, FC and Personal. Once upon a time there was no limit to how many personal houses one could own, and that's what we are taking issue with.

e; Like, they've literally locked an entire userbase out of the game for the sake of improving the game when they stopped supporting PS3s. Housing barons can suck it up for the sake of more unique players getting to enjoy housing.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 13, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

"We cannot realistically find the hardware to create the housing wards for all players, so we need to revoke the houses from players who have more then one personal house for a better play experience for all. You have 90/180/360 days to forfeit excess houses for a full gil refund."

What is this co-owner thing? As far as I understood there's two kinds of houses, FC and Personal. Once upon a time there was no limit to how many personal houses one could own, and that's what we are taking issue with.

You can give someone permissions in your housing that lets them use it with minor customizable restrictions. It is used a lot for bonded couples or RPers or just people who want to share. You get teleport rights and everything. You are just not the owner.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I don't have any investment in housing cause I just bought an apartment to dump all the housing poo poo I get (I admit I'd like them to be bigger for more stuff), but in the end what's the proper response to a bug where you can't roll everything back: compensate the players you can compensate, or gently caress over them with no one winning? (Cause just because they take the houses away from people who won doesn't mean people who failed will get them).

The actual solution however is to delete every housing district and furniture from the game alltogether so housing discourse never loving pops up again. If everyone can't have a house, no one will.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

There's been an empty small next to my house for weeks now, "for free companies only". Wonder if it's ever going to sell

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's probably possibly definitely someone who has their eye on plots that were vacated for the first ishgard round

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Wasn't the math that wiping out the housing barons would open up like one ward per server on average (keep in mind the lion's share of that would be in FC wards where the demand is already seemingly satisfied too). I get people are motivated by the justice argument but there is no way in hell it is worth the dev time and drama. It took them this long and 8 gigantic yoshida posts to fix an off by one bug

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Slider posted:

There's been an empty small next to my house for weeks now, "for free companies only". Wonder if it's ever going to sell

I mean, the lottery hasn't been open since the initial round bugged out. It's not selling because currently no one can buy it, not because no one at all wants it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Considering that the lottery has been suspended for weeks, it's not some shocking revelation that it's empty.

Most of the FC wards had all of their activity in the mediums and larges, and those are the ones that sold. As the lottery comes back on and those high priority plots become unavailable, attention will be focused towards getting the remaining small ones. Once those are empty for a while, they'll probably open it up to the general public as well and let anyone buy the leftovers.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Mind over Matter posted:

I mean, the lottery hasn't been open since the initial round bugged out. It's not selling because currently no one can buy it, not because no one at all wants it.

Oh I had no idea, didn't it bug out like a month ago? That whole situation is hosed lmao

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ImpAtom posted:

You can give someone permissions in your housing that lets them use it with minor customizable restrictions. It is used a lot for bonded couples or RPers or just people who want to share. You get teleport rights and everything. You are just not the owner.

There's a guy in my FC that I give gardening rights to at my personal house because he runs a Thavnarian Onion production sweatshop operation. He's got our FC plots and like 10 other housing plots that he uses for gardening up all sorts of wildly expensive stuff that I just can't be bothered with.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

reminds me that since my FC is pretty much just three active people no one's touched our airships and submarines in like a year

I pulled up this guide but I haven't really put in the time to figure out how to proceed from where our old manager left off

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t2cC8-VuSNU2JLrvFFvr1S0-7NirnJiJ3k41UJ56jqE/edit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxyclean posted:

So either
a) housing plot for free
or
b) exclusive or special reward for paying for the housing plot they were lucky enough to win but had to wait a bit for

I just want to point out while you're frothing mad posting about a different argument this all started with you getting this mad over an imaginary reward that doesn't exist that someone jokingly said they should add to ensure people willingly self correct whats effectively a bank error in their favor.

Maybe just take a step back from posting.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Conservative Boomer Mentality

Futanari Rastafari
Apr 19, 2004

New Sincerity Posting

Vitamean posted:

reminds me that since my FC is pretty much just three active people no one's touched our airships and submarines in like a year

I pulled up this guide but I haven't really put in the time to figure out how to proceed from where our old manager left off

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t2cC8-VuSNU2JLrvFFvr1S0-7NirnJiJ3k41UJ56jqE/edit

Submarines are still useful, airships are not really. Basically, they aren't really too useful until near max level (90-95). Just get in the habit of sending them out at some of the highest level missions for XP and to unlock new nodes. Once you unlock a certain path of notes, a new map will open up. This will take anywhere from 3-5 months.

Here is the unlock path:
Deep Sea Site (Unlock Sea of Ash route)
B: Deep-sea Site 1
E: Deep-sea Site 3
J: Unidentified Derelict
N: The Central Rimilala Trench
O: The Wreckage of Discovery I
S: Deep-sea Site 5
T: Purgatory
Y: Flickering Dip
Z: The Wreckage of the Headway
AA: The Upwell
AB: The Rimilala Trench Bottom
AD: Sunken Vault

Sea of Ash (Unlock Sea of Jade route)
A: South Isle of Zozonan
B: Wreckage of the Windwalker
C: North Isle of Zozonan
F: Sea of Ash 2
G: Sea of Ash 3
H: Ascetic's Demise
K: Sea of Ash 4
L: The Midden Pit
P: The Open Robe
R: The Slipped Anchor

Sea of Jade (All branched nodes)
A: The Isle of Sacrament (B and C)
C: Sea of Jade 1 (D and E)
E: The Stone Barbs (H and G)
G: Tangaroa's Prow (I and J)
I: The Blind Sound (K and L)
L: Tangaroa's Beacon (O and Q)
M: Sea of Jade 4 (N and R)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I like the new tea sipping emote. I made a macro for it.

code:
/micon "Drink Tea" emote
/tea motion <wait.7>
/content motion

That'll make it so that your character makes the content facial expression during the second sip. If you want to change your expression during the first sip instead, I think <wait.4> is the proper timing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Conservative Boomer Mentality

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

W.T. Fits posted:

I like the new tea sipping emote. I made a macro for it.

code:
/micon "Drink Tea" emote
/tea motion <wait.7>
/content motion

That'll make it so that your character makes the content facial expression during the second sip. If you want to change your expression during the first sip instead, I think <wait.4> is the proper timing.

My favourite thing to do with the eat/drink emotes is to macro in /endure or other pained expressions because it's really funny seeing your character just absolutely disgusted but continuing to eat more anyway.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/thatassize/status/1524232862286991360?t=-1iIZreAMsLRnEa6Nj-H4w&s=19

https://twitter.com/FufusiF/status/1524151933673553922?t=If32QgXXwMQVQIzTY12eDQ&s=19

/tea is good

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

This seems like a fair solution to the problem and I hope they don't gently caress up the lottery again.

Vitamean posted:

there's probably possibly definitely someone who has their eye on plots that were vacated for the first ishgard round

I was never particularly interested in housing, but now I have the money to spend, there is a vacant beachfront plot in Mist I'm definitely entering for next time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just want to point out while you're frothing mad posting about a different argument this all started with you getting this mad over an imaginary reward that doesn't exist that someone jokingly said they should add to ensure people willingly self correct whats effectively a bank error in their favor.

Maybe just take a step back from posting.
I'm suggesting why an extra reward is maybe not a good idea, not frothing mad about something theoretical. Notice my later posts don't continue to talk about said imagined reward.

But by all means, don't make any effort to understand why this feels bad to some people and just go for those cool goony posting dunk points.

e: By all means I can agree this is probably the easiest and best solution, but I don't think it's hard to understand why it feels like it's sour grapes to everyone who didn't win or participate.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 13, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Housing in this game was a mistake.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Really makes you wonder what sort of discourse WoW's housing would have if it had any.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im pretty okay not wondering that actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The WoL works better as a hobo anyway.