Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I find my inn room to be quite comfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Really makes you wonder what sort of discourse WoW's housing would have if it had any.
The closest things WoW has had to housing have been personal/phased locations where you get your own version. I honestly believe that for all it's failings, WoW would at least get the "everyone gets something to play with" part of housing right. They certainly have XIV to learn from there.

XIV has the baggage of 1.0 and exploding in popularity on it. While I don't want to hold it against the devs too much, XIV's housing situation really kind of irks me because it's very much not in line with a lot of other aspects of the game.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

My feeling is housing in this game has always been a fine system once you're safely inside of it. IDK if the lottery has made getting in any less miserable really, but it has at least made it less grindy.

One thing I'll say is, for good or for ill anyone who really wanted a house will almost certainly be able to get one in this upcoming lottery via shell FC, but you had to jump a hurdle of proactive understanding of the system

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SettingSun posted:

Really makes you wonder what sort of discourse WoW's housing would have if it had any.

I mean it would really depend on if they fall into the same problems this game's housing does. Right now the housing discourse is between the folks that want it and the folks that think Blizzard shouldn't waste their time (I'm in the former camp).

The biggest issue with the housing in this game is the lack of available houses. Just have instanced housing from the start and you've already solved the biggest problem with this game. And I mean hell they already sort of did it with the farm and the garrison, just go that extra step. But I think the game has to basically be on its death bed before the WoW devs will ever add housing

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Electric Phantasm posted:

The WoL works better as a hobo anyway.

The WoL has a steady job as lackey to posh people and a free room in every inn on the continent (and beyond). There are enough hobos in the game to tell the difference. We're working class and being exploited by inherited wealth.

And that's why landbarony should be banned. It's clearly not canon.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 13, 2022

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've heard some unspecific rumblings about plugins being banned or more banned than before.

Is it still a situation where anything is fine so long as you don't show or tell anybody?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm pretty certain my WoL is a rough sleeper who drifts between aetheryte plazas

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Heran Bago posted:

Is it still a situation where anything is fine so long as you don't show or tell anybody?

Yes.

Just don't stream your world-first race attempts with an all time high number of viewers hours after the game director reminded people publicly not to use third party tools as they break the terms of service.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Heran Bago posted:

I've heard some unspecific rumblings about plugins being banned or more banned than before.

As of now there is not much in the way of detection methods really running on the PC client. So unless you are bragging about it in chat or record yourself doing something you are fine.

Of course that could always change, just the client is very very trusting right now.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Thank you I appreciate it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yes.

Just don't stream your world-first race attempts with an all time high number of viewers hours after the game director reminded people publicly not to use third party tools as they break the terms of service.

Are people progging supposed to be periodically F5ing the website for yoshida posts for the latest guidance? The issue has been litigated to death and I'm not trying to restart it, but a few hours was really not a fair amount of notice I think

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SettingSun posted:

Do you ever wonder if SE considers housing as they implemented it a mistake they have to suffer? Perhaps they never considered that their game would grow big enough to outstrip the amount of plots there are or ever will be. Or that players would collude to buy out entire wards, sometimes using loopholes in their flimsy rules to do it.

Yes, absolutely. If they knew what the game looked like in 2022, they would've made them FC only and done a workaround for larger apartments with balconies/patios for players.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

No Mods No Masters posted:

Are people progging supposed to be periodically F5ing the website for yoshida posts for the latest guidance? The issue has been litigated to death and I'm not trying to restart it, but a few hours was really not a fair amount of notice I think

The stance has been "don't talk about it" for years. There was no change in policy just a reminder that it exists.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The devs can't account for streamer schedules to know they were mid raid when it dropped. It is unfortunate that it went down that way but you can't really carve exceptions like that.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's an alternate reality out there where player housing is the inn room in each region, with a veranda to garden on.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

sassassin posted:

The stance has been "don't talk about it" for years. There was no change in policy just a reminder that it exists.

Do you think no one had ever been reporting streamers for using mods before this announcement? IMO there clearly was a policy change insofar as they went from ignoring those reports to acting on them

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

To be fair they had more than a few years worth of notice. They've always been against TOS, and while sparse, people have always been punished for using them publicly.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Re: house. I totally love my little cottage and decorating it is really fun. It's my favorite gil sink. Actually getting it in the month leading up to 6.1 was a miserable experience. The lottery is objectively better but you need drat good luck from what I understand.

The housing itself is a fun cool bit that ties into other systems, there just ain't enough and it sucks to get there. It's like "look how cool this is" before going "good loving luck if you are interested". Low key disrespectful to the player. I agree that it runs counter to most of what I've experienced in the game's presentation of content.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

So either
a) housing plot for free
or
b) exclusive or special reward for paying for the housing plot they were lucky enough to win but had to wait a bit for

seems kind of dumb lol.

I mean, people don't feel guilty enough to give up the extra houses they were grandfathered into.

Given the nature of XIV housing, I think anyone without a house should maybe feel a little pissed off a bunch of people just got one for free. Imagine being pissed because you had to pay for the thing you won that you were originally planning/supposed to pay for.

Whatever, I bought the gil sink gold mounts for giggles. 6-30 mil for a house others got for free ain't stressing me any

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Futanari Rastafari posted:

Submarines are still useful, airships are not really. Basically, they aren't really too useful until near max level (90-95). Just get in the habit of sending them out at some of the highest level missions for XP and to unlock new nodes. Once you unlock a certain path of notes, a new map will open up. This will take anywhere from 3-5 months.

Here is the unlock path:
Deep Sea Site (Unlock Sea of Ash route)
B: Deep-sea Site 1
E: Deep-sea Site 3
J: Unidentified Derelict
N: The Central Rimilala Trench
O: The Wreckage of Discovery I
S: Deep-sea Site 5
T: Purgatory
Y: Flickering Dip
Z: The Wreckage of the Headway
AA: The Upwell
AB: The Rimilala Trench Bottom
AD: Sunken Vault

Sea of Ash (Unlock Sea of Jade route)
A: South Isle of Zozonan
B: Wreckage of the Windwalker
C: North Isle of Zozonan
F: Sea of Ash 2
G: Sea of Ash 3
H: Ascetic's Demise
K: Sea of Ash 4
L: The Midden Pit
P: The Open Robe
R: The Slipped Anchor

Sea of Jade (All branched nodes)
A: The Isle of Sacrament (B and C)
C: Sea of Jade 1 (D and E)
E: The Stone Barbs (H and G)
G: Tangaroa's Prow (I and J)
I: The Blind Sound (K and L)
L: Tangaroa's Beacon (O and Q)
M: Sea of Jade 4 (N and R)

quoting this so I can refer to it later but thank you

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was also not super stoked when the game implied I should go get 4 more classes to 70 but then I went and did it anyway.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

I was also not super stoked when the game implied I should go get 4 more classes to 70 level every job to 90 but then I went and did it anyway.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
You mean 80. 90 is whatever.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Thundarr posted:

Donate x amount for a title.
Donate y amount for another title.
Donate z amount for a Legally Distinct From the 1.0 Vet Tattoo.

Can't even see the tatoo under hair on a lala lol.

An overhauled tatoo system + more tatoos would be rad though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I can’t say I care about some people saving 2-50 mil on a house, but I also recognise I’m in a position that I was given a free medium before Endwalker, and access to ~15 houses worth of submarines so Gil is effectively meaningless to me.

I can understand that for someone who that is a lot of money for they might be a bit cheesed off, but I don’t really think there is a better alternative.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I went looking around the Ishgard housing the other day and like...

Why is this the most boring looking drat neighborhood in existence? Everything is so symmetrical and sterile. Every quadrant looks the same. The only neat thing about the whole area is the hotsprings and sauna rooms.

Goblet still reigns supreme.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why is this the most boring looking drat neighborhood in existence? Everything is so symmetrical and sterile. Every quadrant looks the same. The only neat thing about the whole area is the hotsprings and sauna rooms.

That's what you get when you have players craft the district themselves :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If the players designed it, there'd be more dicks.

My FC grabbed one of the larges, but yeah it's a pretty sterile district. Stone and snow is my aesthetic, but it doesn't catch me.

Goblet and Mist are still the best.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

as a top ranked fisher I helped shape the empyrium and I told them if the roads weren't straight I'd flood the market

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Goblet is ugly. Mists and Lavender Beds are the best.

Our FC house is sadly in the Goblet but it is directly next to the market board so that's cool

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's Ishgard.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/graydiance/status/1522770655384539137

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I love EMC's new Ishgard housing and prime location next to a market board and aetheryte shard. Plus the new large FC house is so freaking cool. And the fountain plaza is an extremely nice place for taking Fenrir screenshots in gpose. A+ the only place I'd rather be is weeb ville, 90% because of the nice screenshot potential in Kugane for my Samurai and Ninja, and 10% having cheap travel there to do so.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

This is missing the entire raid being obliterated by chase markers because people missed the color switch.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Switching the music in the Ishgard housing district to that of the Firmament using those infamous third party tools makes it significantly better. If you use gshade you can even go from desaturated greys to slightly less desaturated greys.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Macaluso posted:

Goblet is ugly. Mists and Lavender Beds are the best.

I like the Goblet, but I grew up in mountain desert so that view's pretty similar (after factoring in fantasy exaggeration) to my backyard.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I found a few open plots in Shirogane on my server, (including one that I'm pretty sure opened up as I was looking at other ones) and I may give that ward a try after like six years or however long it's been.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HackensackBackpack posted:

I found a few open plots in Shirogane on my server, (including one that I'm pretty sure opened up as I was looking at other ones) and I may give that ward a try after like six years or however long it's been.

Just a casual reminder that even though anyone who's already there is grandfathered in, wards 1-18 in every residential zone are FC only now. 19-24 are the only ones you can buy a personal plot in (FCs already here get to stay as well).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Just a casual reminder that even though anyone who's already there is grandfathered in, wards 1-18 in every residential zone are FC only now. 19-24 are the only ones you can buy a personal plot in (FCs already here get to stay as well).

Yes, totally aware, and they're in the individual wards. There's even a mansion up for grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HackensackBackpack posted:

Yes, totally aware, and they're in the individual wards. There's even a mansion up for grabs.

Nice, good luck!