Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He strikes me as 100% the eugenicist type. He gave them his good genes, what more could you ask of him? Nurture is for the weak of ancestry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

This is a weird thing, but unless his granduncle raised Thanos, he isn't allowed to be dissapointed in Thanos. You can only be dissapointed in friends and close relatives. Someone absent your entire life showing up and saying "You're a disappointment" is like when I say I'm disappointed in a celebrity I liked that gets Me Tooed or me saying it about a pro athlete who does worse than they usually do. If he expected better from Thanos maybe he should have offered him some guidance at any point in time

This is a thing people do, though. Like, constantly. For all the examples you mention.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Kill Six Billion Demons is updating again

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Action Comics #1041: The current story arc has Superman and the Authority separated on Warworld and is exploring their culture. On Warworld, status is determined by how much iron you have on the chains you wear and is earned (of course) via gladiatorial combat. There's also a group who basically worships Superman as the one who's going to free them one day. Anyway, Midnighter's trying to find and free Apollo (who has been captured and being used as a solar battery) and is working his way around the planet, guerilla-style.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought the war world arc would be dumb but it's been a lot of fun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RIP to a real one; George Perez.

As a kid this image was seared into my mind knowing this was gonna be epic

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RIP George Perez, you were the first Hispanic I had ever heard of that had anything to do with comics in a huge and massive way. Valle con Dios.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

darthbob88 posted:

Eternals: The Heretic
Thanos has become leader of the Eternals, and as part of a side-story, meets his grand-uncle Uranos, who had also tried to kill the universe. This is his introduction.

Panel 1: Man I like this series but I hate Gillen's omnipresent narration so much.

Panel 2: Holy gently caress his grandad is Darkseid

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I don't know why, but I totally read those panels in Ron Pearlman's voice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the script said "On a throne of ice, sits URANOS (draw Darkseid but different enough that Warner can't sue)"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The pose is all darkseid but no skirt / power dong display is what sets him apart.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
He's also sitting on a boring throne and not a couch, that's some weak poo poo right there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nightwing #91

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

all he hears is a chipmunk squeaking at him somewhere

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkWhkAZ9ds

But it's beating him up.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

What is stepping out of line for a KGB assassin?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nilbop posted:

What is stepping out of line for a KGB assassin?

Hurting Wally’s friend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That bugs the poo poo out of me because it only makes sense if The Flash somehow acknowledges it is impossible to imprison KGBeast.

Like.. you have super speed. He can be in a jail cell before he can blink. You don't need to Watch Every Move He Makes unless you are acting on the inexplicable knowledge that it is impossible to keep a supervillain imprisoned at which point you should be trying to find a solution to that instead of spending your free time monitoring KGBeast.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

And here I thought KGBeast was a real life WWE wrestler or something...

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

MH Knights posted:

And here I thought KGBeast was a real life WWE wrestler or something...

No you are thinking of SVRay Mysterio Jr.
Or the tag team, the GRUsos.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

ImpAtom posted:

That bugs the poo poo out of me because it only makes sense if The Flash somehow acknowledges it is impossible to imprison KGBeast.

Like.. you have super speed. He can be in a jail cell before he can blink. You don't need to Watch Every Move He Makes unless you are acting on the inexplicable knowledge that it is impossible to keep a supervillain imprisoned at which point you should be trying to find a solution to that instead of spending your free time monitoring KGBeast.

comics.txt

I feel like KGBeast was in the Suicide Squad at least once but he's definitely been in Blackgate before.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Question IRL posted:

No you are thinking of SVRay Mysterio Jr.
Or the tag team, the GRUsos.

Or Randall Savage.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

the flash is a reformist

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Of course the KGBeast will be released/escape. Prisons and mental hospitals just doesn't work in super hero comics.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Tsilkani posted:

I don't know why, but I totally read those panels in Ron Pearlman's voice.
probably because of the Lich from Adventure Time. He would say something like that

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve been posting it in different places but hey why not here too. I bought the book in physical so I don’t have amazing pictures but this sequence was great

Witches, by Daisuke Igarashi

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So is there a twist later where the old woman was actually a more powerful witch or is she just the most devoted to the bit poo poo-talker in the world?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TwoPair posted:

So is there a twist later where the old woman was actually a more powerful witch or is she just the most devoted to the bit poo poo-talker in the world?

she’s proven to be right in the end, but that doesn’t bring her back or anything. She died as she lived: poo poo talking

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

she’s proven to be right in the end, but that doesn’t bring her back or anything. She died as she lived: poo poo talking

Respect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

thetoughestbean posted:

She died as she lived: poo poo talking

Bless

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's how I want to go. When you know you're dead there's no reason to sugar-coat.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I like that there's not a shot of the old lady recoiling in horror. "Turn me into rats all you like, you're still a ho."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

People who poo poo talk as theyre dying are rarely ever wrong.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

People who poo poo talk as theyre dying are rarely ever wrong.

Vulcan Raven agrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsCBSAQRaXs&t=154s

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This Patch guy seems pretty tough. Whatever happened to him anyway?

Wolverine: Patch #2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fight scenes in the manga series Sakamoto Days are pretty fun. The only thing you need to know about this sequence is that the chubby guy is Sakamoto and he used to be one of the best assassins in the world until he retired. The guy he's fighting is being remote controlled (hence the insert shot) and is trying to stop Sakamoto and his friends from infiltrating an assassin school to try to learn the bad guys' plan.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Classic. He looks a lot like the coach from Slam Dunk. Reminds me of the Way of the House Husband stuff too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Classic. He looks a lot like the coach from Slam Dunk. Reminds me of the Way of the House Husband stuff too.

Yeah, the series is really good about how it handles him. Early on it had a gimmick where he got thin when he went full power assassin mode but he actually learned that being big and bulky is an advantage and now sticks to that and it's nice that "become thin" isn't the flat-out default for being a strong fighter dude.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the series is really good about how it handles him. Early on it had a gimmick where he got thin when he went full power assassin mode but he actually learned that being big and bulky is an advantage and now sticks to that and it's nice that "become thin" isn't the flat-out default for being a strong fighter dude.

We need more martial arts movies with guys like Sammo Hung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ImpAtom posted:

make an anime where the main character is obviously Mark Hunt