Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nothus posted:

Next year? With the looming diesel crisis, more like next month.

well it’s too late to start beefing up cop rosters for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even the retreat from afghanistan was still biden continuing trump policies. but yes, it was probably a surprise to biden too.

yep. and biden then hosed up the withdrawal angering basically everyone.

but it wouldn't have gone smooth no matter what. drone operators gotta get some time in the game.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Masculine Thrust posted:

it's usually much more boring nonviolent organizing that actually changes things alongside changes in the economic base.

that's right, success comes from thinktanking and backroom talking and meeting with constituents and using the police to infiltrate the opposition's attempts to do the same

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It turns out that capitalism's reaction to shortages is to raise prices, not production.

what? but the two crossing straight lines i drew CLEARLY show that's not supposed to happen!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

what? but the two crossing straight lines i drew CLEARLY show that's not supposed to happen!
even if it did work like it's supposed to there will be a lag while the markets adjust so I guess your infant just needs to tough it out in the meantime

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
SUPPLY! DEMAND!

THE! LINES! CROSS!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

what's the bfd so they don't get any formula for a few months or half a year. then, once the markets have sorted everything out you just give every infant a few month's worth of formula in one go, to make up for it. that's how this kind of poo poo always works out

Morbus
May 18, 2004

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

is getting out of the way of the trolley, or stopping the trolley, going to fix racism? check your privilege

we could create dozens of jobs by running a second trolley

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Morbus posted:

Some people are strongly in favor of running you over with the trolley, also. So we want to meet them halfway and at least let some people get run over by the trolley
including you
sorry

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

what's the diesel crisis

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

A country with a healthy administrative state could have probably caught this baby formula mess a lot earlier and mitigated a whole bunch of harm, but no the prevailing political ideology of last 40+ years in America has been "actually it's bad when the government does stuff, unless it involves killing people" so welp

:killing:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

what's the bfd so they don't get any formula for a few months or half a year. then, once the markets have sorted everything out you just give every infant a few month's worth of formula in one go, to make up for it. that's how this kind of poo poo always works out

Biden admin cut infant obesity IN HALF!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

papersack posted:

what's the diesel crisis

I think that's why Justin Lin had to drop out of Fast X

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The east coast might run out of diesel or they might not

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/truck-stop-chains-monitoring-low-diesel-supplies-on-east-coast-update-271652360689

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

papersack posted:

what's the diesel crisis

not much, what’s the diesel crisis with you?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

as you might imagine the libs are having very reasonable reactions to this

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

DoubleDonut posted:

as you might imagine the libs are having very reasonable reactions to this

Somebody better give this some pinnochios quick!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

oh my god they really did 6 months of focus groups and consultants for "ultra-maga" lmao.

"How can we make Trump and his supporters sound cool as hell?"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it is funny how much "make america great again" stumped the democrats

the tiny blip of "america is already great" merch was so so so sad and it thankfully died as fast as possible

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

oh my god they really did 6 months of focus groups and consultants for "ultra-maga" lmao.

absolutely incredible

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ultra-maga sounds cool as hell

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Build Back Better Bitch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
greatMKultra

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

empty whippet box posted:

this is capitalism's reaction to literally everything these days as far as I can tell

"these days" lol

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

SUPPLY! DEMAND!

THE! LINES! CROSS!

According to an article I read, the formula manufacturers are operating at capacity. Perhaps the media has whipped up a shortage by encouraging people to horde formula?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

wonder how much this cost

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Morbus posted:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

joe biden get in the nearest hell asap

e: that is to say, another term :twisted:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Maya Fey posted:

lol bernie

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If he said it in that bernie sarcastic voice it could maybe be ok but I wouldn't like write it down or whatever.

Lastgirl posted:

"these days" lol

I think back in the day capitalists would have been a lil afraid about what would happen if they just started starving infants for money.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Laterite posted:

lol bernie
proof positive that bernie is pro-trump

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

everyone has a stake in these issues, those are human rights issues, they will just come for you next if you don't have a stake in the issue and thats where they're trying to decouple and atomize by telling you to stay in a lane

it should piss people off more that they're being covered for the excuses where working class are held to a higher standard and aren't allowed excuses, especially in high risk careers in public service

I do understand that they are human rights issues and it's why I'm upset to begin with. I also understand that by standing for nothing across the board is how I, like everyone else who they have abandoned, are at the complete mercy of the GOP. In effect they have already come for me by abdicating their duty to offer even token opposition to those elements which seek to harm those groups to which I do not belong but with whom I share class interests.

The fury is rooted in the fact the dems promise to and have the ability to actually do something and make the choice to do nothing. It's one thing to be evil and work to support the building of an evil society, those types will always exist. I find it a much more egregious affront to morality to recognize that and use that recognition not to oppose it but instead to capitalize on it for profit despite having the real, actual ability to stop it. One could argue that each is doing what is in their nature, but I find the latter to have a much more abhorrent nature. It is infuriating in a way I have trouble articulating. But while I may not be able to put it into words clearly, my boiling hatred for the democrats continues to make me eager for their destruction in 2022.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Maya Fey posted:

"you know everyone always says how bad it is to work for or do business with trump, he sounds like kind of a dick. What if we go with 'Big Dick Donald'?"

"sold! here's your $600 an hour!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only thing they could have gone with was tiny hands trump. he would have gone into months of invective trying to prove they were normal, big even.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

if i were running against trump in 2016 id leak audio of myself calling him a “queeny little bitch” “pampered, soft, and morbidly obese with a dumptruck rear end” “extremely wet” and “objectively pretty gay”

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

they should have just called him Diva Trump and made fun of his sassy and feminine mannerisms. Go full mask off and call him a f*g. chuck a football at him and watch him limp wristedly flail and fall over. march out a bunch of sweaty football boys and let trump expose himself by feeling on their big beautiful muscles and hinting at the big sloppy kisses he'd like to give them. call him fat. idk. all of this would be more effective tahn what they did. thank you, my consulting fee is $20 million dollars. mr trump if you're reading this, i am sorry

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LastInLine posted:

I do understand that they are human rights issues and it's why I'm upset to begin with. I also understand that by standing for nothing across the board is how I, like everyone else who they have abandoned, are at the complete mercy of the GOP. In effect they have already come for me by abdicating their duty to offer even token opposition to those elements which seek to harm those groups to which I do not belong but with whom I share class interests.

The fury is rooted in the fact the dems promise to and have the ability to actually do something and make the choice to do nothing. It's one thing to be evil and work to support the building of an evil society, those types will always exist. I find it a much more egregious affront to morality to recognize that and use that recognition not to oppose it but instead to capitalize on it for profit despite having the real, actual ability to stop it. One could argue that each is doing what is in their nature, but I find the latter to have a much more abhorrent nature. It is infuriating in a way I have trouble articulating. But while I may not be able to put it into words clearly, my boiling hatred for the democrats continues to make me eager for their destruction in 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPLx7TEeY0

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Antonymous posted:

it is funny how much "make america great again" stumped the democrats

Twice! Trump stole it from Reagan lmao

Real talk my career goal is to get a policy job with the FDA or EPA, get invited to speak at a Congressional panel, and tell a sitting member of Congress (either directly or indirectly) to go gently caress themselves. Could be a Dem, could be a Chud, I don't much care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/stat...ingawful.com%2F