Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I really like the one about why musk should save terra/luna because he loves space and they have sorta space based names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Really democratizing the pump and dump, every user their own scammer.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Salt Fish posted:

I really like the one about why musk should save terra/luna because he loves space and they have sorta space based names.

loving LOL!

Gonna mint my next coin "ELON MUSK'S TESLA CAR COIN" and since like there's no cyberlaws, the only thing that will happen is number go up due to fanboys. Hell Elon might pump n dump it since he's stupid too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Gangscamming

Every bitcoin loser comes to your house selling Cutco knives on the same day.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Anyone know what the hell happened to make Tether's "market cap" drop from $83 billion to $76 billion in the span of 3 days

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Crypto is less stable and valuable than jars of dirty bathwater and farts, and yet people are still falling over each other to lose more money on it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Planet X posted:

Take financial advice from someone with neck tattoos, bleach blonde hair and a silver chain on the outside of a t shirt
"Butterfly Labs" was the name of his band's hit single with that Chili Peppers sample.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

Hope the lunatics start showing up to tesla demanding their monkeys back.

"drat you, Elon Musk, give me back my primates!"

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I've had that Luna value ticker in a side window all morning, and goddamn it's bouncing up and down like you released a Slinky from the top of Everest.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

be your own bunk

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

deep dish peat moss posted:

Found in a reddit thread asking "How could we have possibly known this would happen?"

You see, the blame lies with all of the people who warned me for not being eloquent enough to convince me, and because way too many people warned me.

"But you did not persuade me, Nicholas! YOU DID NOT PERSUADE ME!!"

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Beached Whale posted:

Anyone know what the hell happened to make Tether's "market cap" drop from $83 billion to $76 billion in the span of 3 days

It should mean that roughly seven billion dollars worth of Tether tokens were redeemed for USD. So the number of Tether tokens in circulation was reduced by that amount. Since this is crypto what is really going on could be almost anything. The question is how much cash they have on hand or how fast they can convert their assets to cash to keep honoring those redemptions.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Beached Whale posted:

they pulled a lot of tethers out of circulation apparently

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

When tether was briefly tanking, all the other stablecoins were spiking. It looked like billions of dollars were moved to other stablecoins en masse.

(because those are going to fare sooo much better)

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I wish I had the technical knowhow and lack of morals needed to scam a million quid from these idiots, seems like it wouldn't be too hard.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

pippy posted:

Anyone know how the people buying into Luna today are going to get screwed and lose all their money? Are they just not going to be able to actually sell the Luna as it gets delisted? Are the exchanges going to reverse all the profitable transactions? Or is it just going to add a few more zeros to the front of the price?
I would imagine it’s a mixture of people buying in thinking “omg LUNA has never been so low, perfect time to buy in” and others trying to swing trade it.

The latter is definitely possible, looking at the price movement, but equally you can bet most of the people doing this are too greedy to actually sell when they’ve made a decent paper profit, because they’re imagining it’ll go back to up $1 (or even $100 again).

So yeah, it’s basically a roulette wheel now.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

pippy posted:

Anyone know how the people buying into Luna today are going to get screwed and lose all their money? Are they just not going to be able to actually sell the Luna as it gets delisted? Are the exchanges going to reverse all the profitable transactions? Or is it just going to add a few more zeros to the front of the price?
Have you ever played musical chairs? Dying assets work the same way.

Eventually the buy orders just stop coming in because no one wants it. It can be a long agonizing process with "people who have dead cat bounces figured out" gambling on the is-it-dead psychological roulette for months.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

How has my CosbyCoin faired in all of this?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I wish I had the technical knowhow and lack of morals needed to scam a million quid from these idiots, seems like it wouldn't be too hard.

OneCoin model: say you have a crypto and sell mining rights. Then disappear so hard EUROPOL has to get called in.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

ymgve posted:

they pulled a lot of tethers out of circulation apparently

I really hope this person is right because if the whales are dumping their bags on the plebes than... yikes

https://twitter.com/FesteringBubble/status/1524644049558323203

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

quote:

Tether is supposedly honoring 1:1 redemptions via their site, but that is only for people with $100,000 or more.

No problem. Everyone, just send me your Crypto, and together we will be above that threshold. After that I'm gonna send you the money. Promise.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Beached Whale posted:

I really hope this person is right because if the whales are dumping their bags on the plebes than... yikes

wow that seems like...fraud :D

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Beached Whale posted:

Hey just like real banks, covering for the rich, loving over the poor.
Crypto has grown up a bit today.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

peg my coin daddy elon!!!

Agents are GO! posted:

Elon Musk poz my neg hodl.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Anyone else notice they never actually restored the $1.00 peg on tether.

It screams "we dont have enough reserves."

Oh its trending in the wrong direction again too.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

happyhippy posted:

Hey just like real banks, covering for the rich, loving over the poor.
Crypto has grown up a bit today.

technically smaller amounts should be "easy" to trade from USDT to real USD and withdrawn on coinbase or some other exchanges, so it's not like the smaller owners are hosed, they just have to go the roundabout way

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

spunkshui posted:

Anyone else notice they never actually restored the $1.00 peg on tether.

It screams "we dont have enough reserves."

Oh its trending in the wrong direction again too.

Wrong for who?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/baldridgecpa/status/1525276552900100097

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Baller Time posted:

No problem. Everyone, just send me your Crypto, and together we will be above that threshold. After that I'm gonna send you the money. Promise.
u throw me the eGold, i throw u the tether

note: do not throw me E-Gold, because while checking my spelling for that joke I found more proof time is a flat circle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-gold
https://elrond.com/blog/egold-a-powerful-digital-currency-positioned-for-global-adoption/

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

*looks smugly into the camera*

"She's great at babymaking but terrible at investing," I say as my phone begins an unending cascade of alerts informing me that my investments are now worthless.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

it really is kinda gross how he just dismisses her worries, since she's just the babymaker. like yo maybe she has some insight into how much of an idiot you are

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Beached Whale posted:

Sam Bankman and Jump (HFT firm behind Robinhood) probably cashed out after shorting luna and the rest of the crypto market, completing another classic Tether-Bart cycle

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jump-three-arrows-lead-1b-054508397.html

https://protos.com/tether-papers-crypto-stablecoin-usdt-investigation-analysis/

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Far far more likely than I thought

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Bitfinex, the exchange run by the same people as Tether, really wants people to deposit their tether rather then sell or redeem. I wonder why? Probably nothing

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1525507700657995776

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I had my suspicions that those were a literal representation of her labia majora and minor. I'm glad to be able to confirm and will be able to tell people all the facts.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Had this stable coin for lunch and gotta say my return on investment is immeasurable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

If you sell the plate, you could invest it and save Luna.