Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

Also, I do not recommend finding your anesthesia was only partially effective 3/4 of the way through your vasectomy.

My doc got started on the first side before it was fully numb and I absolutely threw up in the dirty linen bin while feeling poo poo getting pulled under my skin. Definitely sucked.

Freaquency posted:

https://twitter.com/Eric8533467/status/1525229014687723520?s=20&t=i4oM8rEJL42sab6vXl9IxQ

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you around the loving boot in your mouth

Words can't describe how loving infuriating it is to hear someone referring to a boss/manager/supervisor as my "superior". No mother fucker, you aren't my superior, I don't give a drat if you're six levels above me, you aren't any better then the rest of us.

Goddamn. It's up there when someone asks if I'm babysitting my kids when they know I'm their parent. No fucker, I'm parenting.

That feels a little better.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I made my imaginary food truck staple, pork belly “tostadas” for other people for the first time and it got devoured.

Fried dumpling wrappers with slaw, smoked char siu pork belly, and choice of chili sauce or Hot and Spicy Bachan’s (you should all buy a bottle of Bachan’s it’s incredible)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Has anyone ever heard of a jury “on call” period lasting three months? Girlfriend got a federal summons that puts her in call from July 5-September 30, which seems absurd.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Has anyone ever heard of a jury “on call” period lasting three months? Girlfriend got a federal summons that puts her in call from July 5-September 30, which seems absurd.

Could be a grand jury type thing. An old ex's grandma ended up moving because she was on a grand jury for 6 months..

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Words can't describe how loving infuriating it is to hear someone referring to a boss/manager/supervisor as my "superior". No mother fucker, you aren't my superior, I don't give a drat if you're six levels above me, you aren't any better then the rest of us.

Goddamn. It's up there when someone asks if I'm babysitting my kids when they know I'm their parent. No fucker, I'm parenting.

That feels a little better.

Yeah, I get that too.

I’m taking 2.5 months for parental leave, and I wish I could take another month. Not looking forward to full days back in the office eventually. At least we live close to work.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

T-Square posted:

I made my imaginary food truck staple, pork belly “tostadas” for other people for the first time and it got devoured.

Fried dumpling wrappers with slaw, smoked char siu pork belly, and choice of chili sauce or Hot and Spicy Bachan’s (you should all buy a bottle of Bachan’s it’s incredible)

Yes king! This looks loving amazing. Good poo poo!

General Dog posted:

Yeah we do that here. We get dates and then you're like back up if the pool is trash. I almost got called in to a murder trial but was an alternate in the same situation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thinking about buying a gun.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cavauro posted:

Go with Super Soaker, make it fun

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cavauro posted:

Get a gym membership, make your own

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Cavauro posted:

Get a dog and train it to use the gun.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Go with Super Soaker, make it fun

It’s Nerf or nothing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Get a nail gun, put up some wood trim.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cavauro posted:

Bird in a Blender posted:

Get a nail gun, put up some wood trim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW-iQNwNshQ

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Been dealing with my tummy being sensitive to almost anything for a week now. Granted I've been eating a lot of rich food as of late from traveling, but this mixture of heartburn / gas / sometimes nausea from eating a succulent meal sucks! Now that I'm back home, I guess I'm gonna need to eat BRAT for a bit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am so deeply tired of the very clearly astroturfed Depp/Heard bullshit. I haven’t watched a second of any of it, haven’t clicked a link or read an article about it, and yet somehow it still winds up in the suggestions section of any app or website that has one. They both seem like lovely people! Make them go away! I don’t care!!!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

Been dealing with my tummy being sensitive to almost anything for a week now. Granted I've been eating a lot of rich food as of late from traveling, but this mixture of heartburn / gas / sometimes nausea from eating a succulent meal sucks! Now that I'm back home, I guess I'm gonna need to eat BRAT for a bit.

Hell yeah brother I could go for a couple brats right now

sorry about yer gut

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1525460398614487042?s=21

:guillotine:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

as somebody going through roughly a barrel of formula a week, the fact that there's a shortage would have me lighting police precincts on fire (in the two hour breaks between feeding times we generally have). gently caress, it absolutely sucks in the worst way possible.

I didn't plan on leaving the U.S. the decade the decline really starts accelerating, but I'm not super mad about the coincidence of it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah my first kid wouldn’t touch breast milk with a 10 foot pole (she’s 6 now) my second loves milk thank god but wife pumping so much really wore her down. He’s 18 months now and been weening him off cow milk bottles this last month and his sleep cycles/ getting him to nap have been rooouugh.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I saw a dog holding its own leash this morning while walking with its human.

Love it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We got obscenely lucky with our son's feeding habits. He took to the breast immediately and was fine with the occasional bottle of formula to give my wife a break. Started experimenting with solid foods at 6 months then had him fully weened off the bottle by his first birthday. Can't even imagine the fury of somebody unable to feed their kid due to corporate malfeasance and regulatory incompetence.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

I am so deeply tired of the very clearly astroturfed Depp/Heard bullshit. I haven’t watched a second of any of it, haven’t clicked a link or read an article about it, and yet somehow it still winds up in the suggestions section of any app or website that has one. They both seem like lovely people! Make them go away! I don’t care!!!

Big same, I have no idea what the proceedings are even about but I keep getting articles about it recommended to me. As it turns out, The Algorithm is dogshit!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

a sexual elk posted:

Yeah my first kid wouldn’t touch breast milk with a 10 foot pole (she’s 6 now) my second loves milk thank god but wife pumping so much really wore her down. He’s 18 months now and been weening him off cow milk bottles this last month and his sleep cycles/ getting him to nap have been rooouugh.

A lot of the JUST BREASTFEED narrative is more control of the female body. It’s so loving difficult to pump. It’s exhausting. You can hardly work while doing it. Most employers aren’t on-board.

My wife’s company was awesome and had a lactation room for her (even though it’s a tech co) but even with that it was a huge undertaking. Keeping breast milk cool. Transporting home. Taking to daycare w kiddo.

It would’ve put us under huge time and financial strain if we hadn’t been able to supplement later on then wean to formula around 8mo. Not to mention the psychological toll of feeling literally like a dairy cow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My kid had some special formula because he was low weight. We probably would’ve been fine with regular formula if we had to, but I can’t imagine the stress I’d be having right now if we couldn’t get formula.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Yeah basically this:

harperdc posted:

the fact that there's a shortage would have me lighting police precincts on fire (in the two hour breaks between feeding times we generally have).

But our capitalist overlords don’t actually give a poo poo and won’t until they’re being marched to a town square for an aggressive haircut.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

A lot of the JUST BREASTFEED narrative is more control of the female body. It’s so loving difficult to pump. It’s exhausting. You can hardly work while doing it. Most employers aren’t on-board.

My wife’s company was awesome and had a lactation room for her (even though it’s a tech co) but even with that it was a huge undertaking. Keeping breast milk cool. Transporting home. Taking to daycare w kiddo.

It would’ve put us under huge time and financial strain if we hadn’t been able to supplement later on then wean to formula around 8mo. Not to mention the psychological toll of feeling literally like a dairy cow.

Maybe varies from state to state, but aren't companies 100% required to have a lactation room with a fridge and stuff? Pretty sure in CA they are. We had a brave contractor who was using it for a meeting room and told someone who booked it to wait their turn, then got promptly fired.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Another mass shooting

https://twitter.com/makibecker/status/1525555968326750209

At least 9 people shot and 2 dead, don't know about the rest.

[Mod edit] not sure about the news source for that quote/detail? let’s clip it to be safe.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 14, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Nothing can be done about this. Just a law of nature.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Now back to legislating that more soft targets are made for these bullets!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Time to play the classic https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Nothing can be done about this. Just a law of nature.

Now now, I’m sure the FBI is going to double down on spying on people involved in BLM after this. One day that’ll get results!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of shootings, there were three separate ones last night near the Deer District towards the end of the Bucks/Celtics game. One of them injured 17 people and 10 people were apprehended from that incident alone. Nobody died in any of them though! :unsmith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

T-Square posted:

Speaking of shootings, there were three separate ones last night near the Deer District towards the end of the Bucks/Celtics game. One of them injured 17 people and 10 people were apprehended from that incident alone. Nobody died in any of them though! :unsmith:

Only a couple people were shot too, most of the injuries were from trampling.

Still terrifying!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh fair warning on that article I quoted about the shooting, I thought BNOnews was a local Buffalo thing that was on the ground working. They're a kinda sketchy worldwide news aggregator that focuses on the salacious.

No one else is reporting that stuff yet so take all of that part with a grain of salt. All we know for sure is that there was a mass shooting.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Only a couple people were shot too, most of the injuries were from trampling.

Still terrifying!

Yeah, one of my coworkers is a part time beer vendor for Milwaukee events including the Fiserv watch parties so hopefully he’s okay

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

No one else is reporting that stuff yet so take all of that part with a grain of salt. All we know for sure is that there was a mass shooting.

Yeah, I just clipped it from your post to be safe. If that information turns out to be accurate and reported the same from like the NYT or WaPo, fine, but I’d rather wait for someplace bigger to say those things.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

WaPo is reporting the shooting now. At least 8 dead.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Freaquency posted:

WaPo is reporting the shooting now. At least 8 dead.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1525582751868628992

yeah

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Has the idea of raising the age on gun ownership ever been pursued? Seems like a band-aid on a mortal wound but so many shootings, especially mass shootings, are committed by males age 15-30. It feels like raising the age to 25 might have some small positive effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How would we indoctrinate our kids into being gun nuts then