Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

esperterra posted:

Just confirming before I put the upload req in, this is the img y'all want for your sick nasty gang tag, right?

e: PS anybody who wants the tag, pls quote me and let me know if you also wish to keep the tags/etc you have now. last i checked, there is no hard limit on how many tags you can have, but it is up to mod discretion to prune them if they find it obnoxiously long

e2: disregard my stoned rear end, I see some tags goin thru already!!

Yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

esperterra posted:

Just confirming before I put the upload req in, this is the img y'all want for your sick nasty gang tag, right?

e: PS anybody who wants the tag, pls quote me and let me know if you also wish to keep the tags/etc you have now. last i checked, there is no hard limit on how many tags you can have, but it is up to mod discretion to prune them if they find it obnoxiously long

Heckin yea

hardstyle
Mar 12, 2004

"...Neither seen nor heard"

esperterra posted:

I’m in thanks. Sever my existing one.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

esperterra posted:

I would like the tag too please!

And if Wild Cards has to go, so be it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

esperterra posted:

hit me with one of them tags

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I couldn't in good conscience agree to the gang tag because I really didn't like it.

This one, however, I would gladly place on top of the two I have.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 11, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

DaveKap posted:

I couldn't in good conscience agree to the gang tag because I really didn't like it.

Yeah. I don't want a gang tag, but if I did this would be the version I'd want.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DaveKap posted:

yo this one slaps

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

esperterra posted:

I would like a tag as well please and thank you in advance. This will be my first one I believe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah. I don't want a gang tag, but if I did this would be the version I'd want.

The part where he is dancing around the chair is by far the best part. I like that this one is clearer but the original is better.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

esperterra posted:

Ooh me me me ! Just put it after the one I have I guess?

DaveKap posted:

this one is better actually

Vorgen fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 11, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i like them both so i don't care which one i get

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DaveKap posted:

I heard we are doing gang tags for Severance ?

Loved the show, can i request this tag ?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DaveKap posted:

this one is better but either gang tag is cool. we may be divided here but i think we can all agree, folks - praise kier, am i right

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

DaveKap posted:

hit me with that tag please, and keep all my other poo poo too!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

esperterra posted:

I would like a tag please.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

So, I just recently binged the whole season and did, indeed, enjoy it. However, I'm going to express what may be an unpopular opinion here: I kind of think this is a good point to end on.

As a complete season\series of TV, I think it works. The end is sort of like a Philip K. Dick novel. They managed to break free, if just for a moment, and now it's up to you, dear reader, to imagine what happens. I also think that anything they come up with is probably going to feel like it's worse than what any of us come up with in our heads. I can't really say I'm invested in what's happening in the 'real world' - the scope of that is so limited that it almost feels superfluous. Do I really need to know what the numbers were or why they did whatever they did to Ms Casey? Do I really care about what weird philosophy the cult subscribes to? The show itself seemed much less interested in resolving mysteries than it did in just expressing mood and dread, and I can totally respect that.

That's not to say that I won't be watching a new season, but it does make me wary. Just that I kind of think it's its own little special, pretty complete thing right now as is, and I am not sure that more is going to be better. I'm not sure there's any more meat on that bone. I'm afraid of 'Matrix' sequel syndrome. We didn't need any more Matrix.

We'll see, I guess.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ashpanash posted:

That's not to say that I won't be watching a new season, but it does make me wary. Just that I kind of think it's its own little special, pretty complete thing right now as is, and I am not sure that more is going to be better. I'm not sure there's any more meat on that bone. I'm afraid of 'Matrix' sequel syndrome. We didn't need any more Matrix.

We'll see, I guess.

The Matrix sequels sucked because there were never supposed to be Matrix sequels. When you end your movie on the main character being a literal unstoppable god it's pretty hard to walk that back into a workable narrative.

The Matrix sequels were squeezing blood from a stone, I think Severance is in a much better position to have a satisfying continuance of the story.

While I agree that there's danger in the answers not being as good as the questions I'm just gonna go ahead and trust them because they just made one of my favorite shows ever. I would have been pretty sad if it had been cancelled.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I like both potential gang tags equally

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Just finished it. Really good, going to have to rewatch soon.

I agree that it could easily stand without any more episodes. I hope season 2 isn’t a stinker

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

ashpanash posted:

So, I just recently binged the whole season and did, indeed, enjoy it. However, I'm going to express what may be an unpopular opinion here: I kind of think this is a good point to end on.
Ben Stiller actually crafted the season so that it would end in such a way that "if we didn't get renewed, well, at least it would be remembered as a great season." So in a way, this is a great point to end on on purpose.

Also I never meant for people to have separate opinions about my tag vs the other one but there is something slightly poetic about the idea of there being 2 gang tags for this show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i heard a rumor about people with the other severance gang tag...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Khanstant posted:

i heard a rumor about people with the other severance gang tag...

:blastu:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The Grim Barbarity Of That Other Gang Tag

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

I like both potential gang tags equally

Minus 10 points for posting

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only solution is to Cut the gangtag in half. that way each of us can have part of it.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'll take the second tag on a coffee cozy please

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

DaveKap posted:

This'n would be nice please!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Just binged this over two days and skimmed most of the thread. It was fun to read everyone's predictions and see what was right and wrong. Since I was binging it I didn't have time to ponder each episode and catch on to a lot of the clues, like the several that indicated Helly was important to Lumon.

Not much to add really, other than echoing all the sentiments that this was the best made TV I've watched in recent memory. I did, however, think that this was a mini-series and complete. When I watch anything I try to ignore how much time is left in the episode unless I'm not digging it, it helps me immersive myself in the content more. I also didn't realize the finale was only 40 minutes, so when that final cliffhanger struck I was REALLY shocked. Right up until that moment it felt like they could still fit in some sort of conclusion, albeit rushed. I am concerned about having an entire second season because it truly feels like literally just one or two more episodes would have completed the story just fine. On the other hand, they went all in fully committed to a second season, so this isn't a situation like Westworld where they did not plan on a second season and blew everything interesting about the show in the first season so everything after is a mess. So it'll probably be fine.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but this is filming location for Lumon: https://bell.works/new-jersey/explore/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
please enjoy both gang tags equally

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Only recently found out about this show. I've been pacing the episodes because, wow, this is a show where you really need to let things sit for a while.

I was hooked by halfway through the first episode and I couldn't even tell you why.

I can't even remember the last time I've been so engrossed by a series. It would have to be a decade at least.

Just finished episode five and the way they took the brother-in-law's insipid tripe of a self help book and turned it into something else when viewed through the eyes of the innies was amazing.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

A society with festering workers cannot flourish, just as a man with rotting toes cannot skip.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

greetings Lumon employees

two Group Assigned Nomination Gift tags have been uploaded onto the official servers and given out impartially, and equally, in line with company procedure

note the differing file names which should not be taken to mean anything - we are all fellow employees here

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Please enjoy each gif equally

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

sebmojo posted:

two Group Assigned Nomination Gift tags have been uploaded onto the official servers and will be given out impartially and equally in line with company procedure

note the differing file names which should not be taken to mean anything - we are all fellow employees here

hey thank you seb

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sebmojo posted:

two Group Assigned Nomination Gift tags have been uploaded onto the official servers and given out impartially, and equally, in line with company procedure

praise seb, but more importantly - praise kier

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

almost went for finger-traps but think I made the right choice in the end

cheers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm going to give anyone who has not received a gang tag, but wants one, until, idk, Tuesday to reply to this post letting me know.

You can pick the tag you want, or let me flip a coin!!!

Also, it anybody reaaaally wants to change the one they did receive to the other, I can do that, too.