Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

This picture is amazing

I can't decide if my favorite part is Booth flying away like Peter Pan, Lincoln going "Oy, I need this like I need a hole in my head :rolleyes:," the people in the next balcony over who mostly just look bored and annoyed at the play being interrupted, or the guys in the orchestra pit who look like they're about to use their instruments to do battle with the assassin.

Karate Bastard posted:

Why is he making off with the president's knife was this a robbery?

Is Booth not using the knife to catch the stage curtain to slow his jump from the box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cacafuego posted:

Is Booth not using the knife to catch the stage curtain to slow his jump from the box?
Booth broke his ankle jumping from the box. Doing the knife in the curtain / pirate cutting a sail move would have helped him

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bans: 1 Probation: 2
Add that in with some internet toughguy poo poo PLUS the fact that he posted a random guy's phone number in a thread hoping people would harass him. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope SoheilsX doesn't reregister.

SoheilsX posted:

I don't think you understand. I am not joking. If i knew where he lived and had the time i would happily go over and beat his thieving rear end. There is NOTHING i hate more than thieves. NOTHING.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

5 bans and 10 probes in less than a year is pretty remarkable, even for 2005.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EorayMel posted:

Add that in with some internet toughguy poo poo PLUS the fact that he posted a random guy's phone number in a thread hoping people would harass him. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope SoheilsX doesn't reregister.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=1700034&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post303730881

quote:

Oh man thi game rooks soh great! I can't wait to pray it! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously though, i love games like this.

TOTARRY ON IT!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Good lord this guy is a piece of work.

quote:

This is gonna be my last response to idiocy such as this.

My problem isn't with:

Xbox
Playstation
Other lifestyles
People who don't have the same views as I do

My problem is with the negative effects it is having on kids these days.
I now understand that rational discussion about the effects of things like MTV on youth is not commonplace in the games forum, and it is frowned upon.

All I am saying is that if MTV could maybe, just maybe promote things other than dressing like a whore, skipping school, and being a general "rebel", the current situation of things would be a bit better.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jedit posted:

My favourite part of the Lincoln Assassination story is that the play had its run cut short because every night when the play reached the point where it happened, audiences would stop paying attention to the actors and look up at the boxes.

What, like they expected a president to get shot again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What, like they expected a president to get shot again

I mean did you want to be the chump who missed it twice

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Something Awful Forums › Discussion › Ask/Tell › Sex Questions Megathread III: Please shut the gently caress up about your dick

Feral Integral posted:

What would u guys say your #1 position is? Ladies?

John Lee posted:

Wait there are multiple positions

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Welp, I have new comedy follow

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jedit posted:

My favourite part of the Lincoln Assassination story is that the play had its run cut short because every night when the play reached the point where it happened, audiences would stop paying attention to the actors and look up at the boxes.

Booth chose his time of assassination to coincide with the play’s biggest laugh, so that makes it more interesting that the audience did this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Inceltown posted:

Slurp Juice is an NFT mutation potion thing. Do not try to understand any more than that, it doesn't make more sense as you go deeper. In fact it makes less sense and the knowledge will push out a valued memory of a wonderful experience you have had with people you care about.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
bold of you to assume :smith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

EorayMel posted:

Gosh, thieves aren't even my least favorite kind of criminals. Vandalism is worse than theft IMO: You don't want the thing, you just want to ruin it for everyone. And even that pales behind, you know, violent crimes against actual living people or creatures.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Platystemon posted:

Booth chose his time of assassination to coincide with the play’s biggest laugh, so that makes it more interesting that the audience did this.

I feel like this says a lot about humanity in general but I'm not quite sure what exactly.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Facebook Aunt posted:

Gosh, thieves aren't even my least favorite kind of criminals. Vandalism is worse than theft IMO: You don't want the thing, you just want to ruin it for everyone. And even that pales behind, you know, violent crimes against actual living people or creatures.

First time I had a bike stolen from me I completely understood why stealing a horse was a hangable offense for so long

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

canyoneer posted:

First time I had a bike stolen from me I completely understood why stealing a horse was a hangable offense for so long

Every time I've had a bike stolen it's needed more in repairs than buying another beater off Gumtree would cost me so I've been thankful that I didn't have to dump money into an old bike. Hopefully who ever stole the bikes fixed them up a bit to flip and bought some drugs with the money.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mcmagic posted:

I would buy a bored ape for like 5 bucks

90s Cringe Rock posted:

turn off your monitor

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Puppy Time posted:

America has a lot of neat culture it's just that most of that culture has either been poo-pooed because it's something disgusting poor people do, or it's been so thoroughly made mainstream that people don't think of it as American culture. I'm thinking like bluegrass music and soul food for the former, rock-n-roll and jazz for the latter.

It's also hard to see culture if you're living in it because culture is basically "what we all do," so to you it's just normal.

Violet_Sky posted:

these were also invented by black people IIRC (not american)

sexpig by night posted:

yea that post was a real journey, bigger emotional ride than any MCU movie for sure as I slowly put together how exactly the context fit to make that not a buck wild post.

Can you figure out the true meaning of Violet_Sky's post?

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 15:45 on May 13, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Dabir posted:

Moonbase Alpha owned but not for the reasons NASA hoped it did

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

SimonChris posted:

I immediately saw both meanings, but holy poo poo that is the worst possible way to phrase that.

And Violet_sky doesn't ever (as far as I saw) come back to clarify, leaving the thread to figure out what he was trying to say.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 16:33 on May 13, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell caused a fairly big uproar earlier this year when he said something similar ("African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans") which also may have been on people's minds when they read that
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/20/mitch-mcconnell-republican-black-voter-comments-outrage

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The generous interpretation is "America didn't come up with that, black people did. Honkies just stole that poo poo." Which is true.

The more grim interpretation is just "America means white." followed by the racist mental gymnastics of how stealing black culture is American and American culture is black culture but black people aren't American and somehow this isn't a catastrophic self-own by admitting you have no culture.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Or it could be “I think black people also came up with that (with the caveat that I am not American myself so I may not be an expert on this topic)”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

christmas boots posted:

Or it could be “I think black people also came up with that (with the caveat that I am not American myself so I may not be an expert on this topic)”

That seemed like the obvious interpretation to me, just goofed up a bit with ambiguous phrasing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

christmas boots posted:

Oh wait yeah, that's gotta be it because of the "IIRC" bit.

But that just opens a whole new can of worms and we're back to square one!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I immediately saw both meanings, but holy poo poo that is the worst possible way to phrase that.

And Violet_sky doesn't ever (as far as I saw) come back to clarify, leaving the thread to figure out what he was trying to say.

They did come back in the end:

fun hater posted:

translation: these were also invented by black people [as another reason for not being immediately thought of as "american" culture] iirc (not american) [if i remember correctly, i am not american]

Violet_Sky posted:

Yeah I need to think more before I post lol

fun hater posted:

i thought you posted that and then died irl, leaving behind a legacy of mystery and wonder

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Or "things that disgusting poor people, i.e. Black people, do," which was my initial read.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:tinsley: fuk im fdurnk . :tinsley:

sic posted:

gently caress im all outta weed. so im downing some 151 straight outt hte bottle. what do you fuking goons do when your outta your fav substance to abuse? what syour 2ncd choice or choice?!

respond!!

fuk im fdurnk .

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The spelling is in context

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SimonChris posted:

Violet Sky is not American, and as such are unsure if they are recalling a piece of information correctly. The piece of information is that all the listed things were invented by black people. The intended but unspoken message being that white Americans don't get to oppress people so hard they form cultural diamonds and then say "I'll be taking those too thanks"

e: Oh holy heck I apparently opened this tab yesterday. Whoops!

Splicer has a new favorite as of 11:24 on May 14, 2022

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sequel:

KingKalamari posted:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how the word "Mukbang" sounds exactly as off-putting as the concept it represents. Whatever secret council comes up with new words in Korea did an excellent job with that one...

DaysBefore posted:

They forgot to add (not korean) to the end of their post

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:dukedoge: Serious Sam 3: Win the game for PC CONTEST! :dukedoge:

The KoRn Identity posted:

Even when Duke Nukem lost weight he was still a disgusting punchline of a human being

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Re: messing with telemarketers

thrakkorzog posted:

I have tried being blatantly racist, sexist, and homophobic to get people to stop calling me.

The end result was I had a telemarketer who told me she was turned on by degradation, and kept calling me, requesting I keep calling her Sugartits. "That was some kind of alpha move." she said. And then she tried selling me an extended warranty.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Collateral Damage posted:

Re: messing with telemarketers

:sbahj:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

CitizenKeen posted:

Yesterday, my four year old son had his first true role-playing session. He's a black dragon librarian.

I sent him to an old wizard's tower to retrieve valuable spell books. While there, the wizard's granddaughter comes in and asks the dragon not to take her grandfather's library books.

My son, confronted by this moral dilemma, disappears in thought for almost a minute. Then, he looks up at me, deadpan:

"Snack time..."

So, you know, some people are just born to be murder-hobos.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Bloop posted:

Milking a milk snake brb

Lurking Haro posted:

My milksnake eats all the mice in the yard

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

RokosCockatrice posted:

if we're in the throes of post modernity what does that make our rapidly growing cyberpunk dystopia? neo-modernity?

haveblue posted:

post-post-modern

we just add a new post every few decades

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Shameful performance. Couldn't hold his posts even one hour at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:teslaget: $600 Car Runs 258 Miles Per Gallon :teslaget:

WereBearBack posted:

VW in China has developed $600 car that runs 258 miles per Gallon. It will be on sale in year 2012.

Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles.

Read all and also read "100 Mile Per Gallon" Car from Ford

http://dangerousmother.com/waterfuel.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:yohoho: 12 Feet Tall Man Found in Russia :yohoho:

WereBearBack posted:

The Skeleton of a giant with a skull 33 inches around and shin bone 33 inches long has been found in the mountains of Russia.

A shin bone 33 inches long would indicate a man certainly 11 feet, and more like 12 to 13 ft tall. weighing between 1,000 and 2,000 lbs.

Read all..

http://creepyhorsemask.com/

Homepage: http://creepyhorsemask.com/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:kiss: Lovedump: Valentimes › 2.5 Million Members. $5 to $1 Per Ad You Click. Paypal Payments :kiss:

WereBearBack posted:

This American website has 2.5 million members and they pay members $5 to $1 per advertisement they or you click and view. Members get paid by paypal or cheque. Paypal has 230 million accounts.

A FBI Special agent is member here.

It is like treasure hunt and good refreshing game. The Ads are hidden in pictures.

You just have view advertisements to earn money. Also get paid good money for surveys, playing games and completing tasks. Many companies for surveys.

If you have 20 direct referrals & you multiply it by 4 till 8 levels then you have some 400,000 referrals at Level 8.

If you earn $1 per referral per month then your income is $400,000 per month.

Read all the details here:

My Website: http://clixgrids.com

I have clicked and earned $1 Ad, 50 cents Ad and and many 25 cents Ad.

I had 10 referrals at Level 1 and 16,000 referrals at Level 2. One of my direct referrals brought me 16,000 referrals.

7 years back, I had 16,000 referrals for a website with Affiliate program.