Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yeah. I'm less concerned with clothes beam or wishes than with one of my favorite bits of stupid fun media going Blood and Soil.

EDIT: Then again, didn't Toyotaro's fan manga back when have the villain sperm jacking Goku?

That was the main series and their name was Chi-Chi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I gotta say, I expect so little from this manga and it still manages to find ways to disappoint me

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

hatty posted:

Dohoho. But no, yeah. They did a Dragonball AF fan manga/doujin before all this. Villain sperm jacks Goku.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was west supreme kai and she used the goku sperm to impregnate herself and give birth to the ultimate evil goku

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

If Toyo was a real DB fan then Xicor would have ended up with amazing potential he can do nothing with like all of Goku’s kids

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Zamasu is just canon xicor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How do you even pronounce that name, what foodstuff is it even a pun of

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Missed chance to call him Xanthum, though I guess that’d work better for a Majin

Also if Toyo wasn’t a coward, then the West Supreme would have done the Zamasu and taken over Goku’s body herself

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Half of Dracula posted:

Zamasu is just canon xicor

Well yeah, the Goku Black arc was essentially Toyotaro getting to canonize his fanfic, to the point that the manga version IIRC has panels that are traced or at least replicated from said doujin. Thankfully the anime team took that idea and made something excellent out of it, because the manga version is, as usual, way worse.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Like I was cool with most of the newer Bardock stuff but this new stuff is like really uncomfortable hopefully more pages make it not as apologist or show the guy to be wrong.

Like we have Trunks, Goten,Bulla ,Pan and Gohan as the future of the Saiyans. We have actual alive good Saiyans we don't have to excuse the actions of a group of long dead jerks for Pride reasons.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hatty posted:

No they're talking about the west supreme kai who is also freeza's mom IIRC, who basically daterapes Goku with roofied food and thats why Goku took forever to get back to Earth after namek.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

what

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://dbaf.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_AF

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Fanfics don't have editor's to go that's dumb as hell.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SirKibbles posted:

Like I was cool with most of the newer Bardock stuff but this new stuff is like really uncomfortable hopefully more pages make it not as apologist or show the guy to be wrong.

Like we have Trunks, Goten,Bulla ,Pan and Gohan as the future of the Saiyans. We have actual alive good Saiyans we don't have to excuse the actions of a group of long dead jerks for Pride reasons.

The best Saiyan pride moment was when Vegeta found out Trunks could go super and wanted to find out if he was stronger then Goten and when Trunks said only a little bit Vegeta goes "only a little bit we are gonna fix that"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is certainly a very cursed piece of fanfiction.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

socialsecurity posted:

The best Saiyan pride moment was when Vegeta found out Trunks could go super and wanted to find out if he was stronger then Goten and when Trunks said only a little bit Vegeta goes "only a little bit we are gonna fix that"

"ONLY A LITTLE?! COME WITH ME TO THE GRAVITY CHAMBER, BOY, I WILL NOT HAVE A PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS BE ONLY 'A LITTLE BIT' STRONGER THAN KAKAROT'S SPAWN!"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SirKibbles posted:

Exactly! And its so weird, too, because it isn't like examining the failings of the Saiyans was a character flaw of Vegeta's before. If anything, he thought they were weak and beneath him. Did they introduce this new dynamic to his character just to call it a flaw and say he needed to get past it?

And it hits different when you remember Vegeta was a part of this machine, too. Goku'd be one thing, or the Saiyan kids. They had nothing to do with any of it, so if they wanted to foster a new Saiyan spirit it'd at least have a degree of separation from what the Saiyans had done before. But Vegeta? Dude should have the least claim to getting to forget about the past.

It isn't even like we need Vegeta to do a deep cultural meditation about the nature of the Saiyan regime, because that really wouldn't fit Dragon Ball. But you can't just introduce the sentiment and then say "actually gently caress that, you're fine," because now it's going to be stuck in the audience's minds instead of getting handwaved like it's always been.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was west supreme kai and she used the goku sperm to impregnate herself and give birth to the ultimate evil goku

What the ACTUAL gently caress

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirKibbles posted:

Fanfics don't have editor's to go that's dumb as hell.

Judging from the past few chapters, neither does the official either! :rimshot:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
There’s an outside chance we’ll see Vegeta eradicate the scheming, greedy Heeters with his superior Saiyan Power

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

all will be forgiven if they go on and on about Saiyan Supremacy, and then Vegeta gets his rear end kicked so hard he can't say the word 'pride' without three ribs exploding

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Momomo posted:

There was a whole gag with one of the universe 6 Namekians regrowing his arm And his glove, so it really seems more like a Namekian thing than a Piccolo thing.

Also I think Elder Kai gave Gohan his gi so it isn't even that

It was even better, one of them regrew his arm, and his partner, standing next to him, just flicks his wrist to point at his buddy's ungloved regrown hand and really coolly and makes a new one without moving otherwise or the two of them breaking eye contact with Gohan and Piccolo.

Definitely seems like a Namekian technique in general.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Some Numbers posted:

The point of the first Vegeta/Goku fight was that hard work could overcome genetic superiority.

That's literally fundamental to their rivalry and their power growth.

There was also a healthy dose of "relying on others makes you way stronger than standing alone", which was a big theme of early DBZ in the Raditz and Saiyan fights that kinda slowly went out the window and finally died off about the time Goku hit Namek(beyond occasional "someone gets mad and powers up for a 1v1 fight because a friend/loved one got hurt or died" bits).

It pokes its head back in a little bit with stuff like people distracting Cell during the final kamehameha duel and the fusion stuff but there isn't much in the way of actual team fights until the ToP.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 14, 2022

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Well, looks like I’m not missing out on much by not reading the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Even the instance with Cell was just anime filler. In the manga, Vegeta is the only one to throw a blast and it stuns Cell because it hits him in the face.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Vegeta will surpass Ultra Ego by unlocking Ultra Racism to win the day

E:

Goku will counter this by achieving the only form that's ever mattered, Ultra Bardock. Everything is about Bardock.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Vegeta will surpass Ultra Ego by unlocking Ultra Racism

New thread title please

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Vegeta will surpass Ultra Ego by unlocking Ultra Racism to win the day

E:

Goku will counter this by achieving the only form that's ever mattered, Ultra Bardock. Everything is about Bardock.

Who would have thought this video wouldn't be a joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAT77CBEjk

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

There was also a healthy dose of "relying on others makes you way stronger than standing alone", which was a big theme of early DBZ in the Raditz and Saiyan fights that kinda slowly went out the window and finally died off about the time Goku hit Namek(beyond occasional "someone gets mad and powers up for a 1v1 fight because a friend/loved one got hurt or died" bits).

It pokes its head back in a little bit with stuff like people distracting Cell during the final kamehameha duel and the fusion stuff but there isn't much in the way of actual team fights until the ToP.

I'm not really sure that's accurate.

The Buu saga was full of Team fights and it was in almost every situation where someone tried to go at it alone that their got their poo poo wrecked. The big final battles is Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Buu and frigging Mr. Satan all contributing to a victory by working together.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"You're not dealing with the average Saiyan Racist anymore, Freeza..."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
"Freeza, you may have hated us. But that's just because we ARE PERFECT!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Freeza, antiracist activist.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Vegeta's eyebrows were a foreshadowing to his skinhead.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Vegeta's eyebrows were a foreshadowing to his skinhead.

Vegeta Calvo (Ultra Racista)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darth TNT posted:

"Freeza, you may have hated us. But that's just because we ARE PERFECT!"

So that's where Cell gets it from

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The Buu saga was full of Team fights and it was in almost every situation where someone tried to go at it alone that their got their poo poo wrecked. The big final battles is Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Buu and frigging Mr. Satan all contributing to a victory by working together.

Also for whatever it's worth, Super has a decent amount of team fights, including the finale, AND a pair of villains who were explicitly punching above their weight because of their good teamwork (I mean it was two of the same guy but still,) AND implies that Vegeta is finally caught up with Goku because he found someone to learn from instead of just doing the gravity chamber.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

My mind is coming up blank on anything coming close to a team fight in Buu saga, like in the Saiyan arc; maybe the volleyball attack?? Even the final confrontation is a series of Goku/Vegeta/Buu fights Buu 1v1s.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Most of Vegeta's biggest character moments in Z involved learning how to put his pride aside - both his pride as a Saiyan warrior and his personal pride as Prince Vegeta the elite. By the very end of Z, Vegeta had learned to fight for others rather than for himself, fighting to protect his family rather than just fighting to be the strongest.

It seems like the longer Super runs, the more Vegeta forgets about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I don't see what the point of all these little changes and tweaks to Dragonball's past are for, Can't Toriyama and Toyataro just leave it alone and look to the future rather than tying things back to Bardock and the past over and over?