Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Cesaro is using an agent to get the best price, and people have opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"Huh?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I bet they don't see the point of union dues either

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What an odd post. We use mediators and brokers to get the best price on all sorts of things. Insurance, real estate, lawyers, etc. There might be an argument that if everyone agreed not to use them and negotiated on their own behalf in all cases we'd be better off, but that ain't reality.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hustle in the username, doesn't understand negotiation.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If Hustle were better at negotiating they'd still be in business

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

The merger with Loyalty and Respect went well though.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

hi, English graduate too, this is actually a really good take and the only good Greek philosopher was Diogenes, hth

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't think negotiating with the yakuza goes well.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

edit: nm

Pylons fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 13, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One of my favorite Dave reply guy arguments yet:

https://twitter.com/_Destino84_/status/1525158265960779776

Putting forth that AEW hasn't done any sub 700k numbers this year as part of your argument they haven't grown.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can’t parse out the first sentence and it’s relevance to his argument about the lack of growth.

Is there a mathematical reason as to why AEWs growth is suboptimal inspite of the three factors he listed for growth?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lamuella posted:

"AEW's biggest flaw with the joshis is that they don't repackage them as one of the three Japanese stereotypes I'm familiar with. Make Mei Suruga a sushi chef!"

They should make Yuka Sakazaki a sleepy girl with a Super Soaker imo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

They should make Yuka Sakazaki a sleepy girl with a Super Soaker imo

The sad thing is that TJPW could absolutely get a sleepy wrestler over.

Shush the crowd, have a bed brought out by rookies. She wakes up when the bell rings, wrestles sleepy style, and goes back to sleep after the match. Keeps pestering KENTA on social media.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MJO316x/status/1524910746072662018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

TV Zombie posted:

I can’t parse out the first sentence and it’s relevance to his argument about the lack of growth.

Is there a mathematical reason as to why AEWs growth is suboptimal inspite of the three factors he listed for growth?

No. The comparison does not make any sense whatsoever. Not sure what an effective wage drop due to inflation has to do with growth after changing to a different network that presumably gets more viewers on average (??? I really don't know anything about the average audience size american TV channels get, or any TV channel for that matter it also really doesn't matter)

One person is not a currency that can become worth less just because there's more of them now. And CM Punk is there and NXT is gone.

Anyway, back to not caring about number now. Toodles.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1517323289869303808?s=21&t=xFqulUH9EtdSXUwdopPLZg

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Even if it wasn’t a fun dark segment for the crowd, Hook’s like the biggest killer on the roster.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Even if it wasn’t a fun dark segment for the crowd, Hook’s like the biggest killer on the roster.

Hook v WARDLOW

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lid posted:

Hook v WARDLOW

Hell yeah

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lamuella posted:

The sad thing is that TJPW could absolutely get a sleepy wrestler over.

Yeah probably

https://youtu.be/4yTDGsMkbMA

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I can't wait for HOOK vs Lance Archer because that's going to kick rear end.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/GOC_Wrestling/status/1525208552121544704?s=20&t=B5kAkSXw35EkTc6GQUONpg

lol @ the replies to MJF working "Uh, actually he's not"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Tony isn't even providing enough security to keep Pig away from MJF. Unsafe working conditions!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
lol at tony khan thinking eh would get a lot of great ex-WWE talent when actually he uhhhhh *checks notes* did

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I didn't know Wardlow WARPIG was in upper management, good for him I guess?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Yousaf_S_1987/status/1525371287685804034

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like that guy. Posts his half-marathon PR in his bio, live tweets the World Snooker Championship to no engagement.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nah, there's three other killers on par with HOOK: Wheeler Yuta, Lee Moriarty, and Daniel Garcia. The Four Killers of Hell.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Yeah the best place for Shida to go would be the company that historically does jack poo poo nothing with Japanese wrestlers. Even Asuka, whose probably made it the best out of anyone, only exists to lose to Becky Lynch these days.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

D.N. Nation posted:

I like that guy. Posts his half-marathon PR in his bio, live tweets the World Snooker Championship to no engagement.

I was expecting a better PR.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

One of my favorite Dave reply guy arguments yet:

https://twitter.com/_Destino84_/status/1525158265960779776

Putting forth that AEW hasn't done any sub 700k numbers this year as part of your argument they haven't grown.

I normally ignore all these weirdos Dave argues with but this guy actually confused me enough that I asked him to explain what he meant. Unfortunately I gave up after all his replies were just "lmao" and "you actually thought I was talking about inflation??"

IGgy IGsen posted:

No. The comparison does not make any sense whatsoever. Not sure what an effective wage drop due to inflation has to do with growth after changing to a different network that presumably gets more viewers on average (??? I really don't know anything about the average audience size american TV channels get, or any TV channel for that matter it also really doesn't matter)

TBS and TNT have virtually identical audiences, maybe 1-2m more total for TBS, so it's unclear why he's pretending to expect that to have resulted in a significant increase for AEW. They'll get a better lead-in and be moved around less but that's about it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The inflation analogy is just dumb since like Dave pointed out the number of houses with cable is decreasing. So it's the opposite of his inflation argument. It'd be like getting a raise AND the dollar is worth more.

As for the NXT argument, it seems that competition wasn't much of a factor since it's not like NXT had a big increase after changing nights.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/vman8691/status/1523725615991427072

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...what do these dweebs want? Like, that was as 'sports-entertainment' as you can possibly get and it was executed near perfectly and got both guys over. Plus there was no pesky match to bore them.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
in fairness, that reply is from the 9th, which is before the segment actually aired.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gaz-L posted:

...what do these dweebs want?

They want mjf to be in the fed

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

i can't post enough raven gifs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1525843313714151425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Seams posted:

They want mjf to be in the fed

I hate the fact that these people are oblivious to the fact if you take away his ability to be creative and unfiltered, MJF will be a liability. he'd make one tweet and be kicked out as soon as he arrived.