Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
good job beating it! i can't get past theseus, he always wrecks me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
on a whim i got dbz xenoverse 2 for switch and it owns

+ 2010-era mmo quality hub world
+ character creator
+ what at first is too many controls quickly becomes...
+ I FLIPPED MY FINGER AT THAT DUDE AND HE BLEW UP FKYEAH

best $5 game ever

Farecoal

There he go
I loved Xenoverse 1 (my own Namekian OC?????) but haven't tried 2 yet, I really should

Philippe

(she/her)
I've gotten back into Red Dead Redemption 2, time to ride my horse about, yelling HEY THERE MISTER at people.

Finger Prince

I almost forgot about Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, but good thing I got reminded because it's on sale! My partner and I played it a bunch last night. So far they did an amazing job on it. Borderlands 3 was a letdown (though the DLC was pretty good), but this one looks like they've got good writers again. And umm Wanda Sykes, Will Arnett, and Andy Samberg in the cast? Yeah that's good. Ciarán Strange (who I didn't know but recognized their voice from Borderlands 3) is really good too. Being an "RPG" (kinda not really, but...), the character creator is really detailed and cool that it let's you chose your pronouns (including them/they), as well as voice pitch, and you can gussy yourself up with some pretty glam makeup should you chose.
And they brought back vertical split screen!! Yesss! The only complaint I have so far is inventory management is kind of a pain in split screen because it's hard to tell what stuff does without selecting it, and there doesn't seem to be a compare button.

Bobby Deluxe

how much do you need to know about borderlands 3? i know the original b2 dlc, you needed to know about roland but i have not played b3 yet

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

how much do you need to know about borderlands 3? i know the original b2 dlc, you needed to know about roland but i have not played b3 yet

So far basically nothing. In fact I don't think they'll reference anything specific from B3 at all.

Finger Prince

what the boss sees in Dark Souls before defeat https://imgur.com/gallery/5EbTnkg

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sarah Cenia posted:

+ character creator

best $5 game ever

xenoverse 2 is amazing and i actually fired it up for the first time in like over a year this past week to make a new character, do you have switch online? pm me your friend code!

the other thing i've been playing on switch is smt3 nocturne but i also haven't played that since like the week it came out and i'm only like 99% sure that the pixie i had in my save file's party is the one i started with that is Plot Important Somehow which makes me really tempted to restart....but the thought of grinding for another several hours bums me out. (also i know it's a ps2 game but stilllllllll, i hate games that don't let me save everywhere. it doesn't even let you save in the overworld!!! wtf)

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I've been playing Halo Infinite on PC through Game Pass. It's fun but the frame rate spikes pretty frequently and it runs surprisingly bad on my couple of years old PC, until I found a fix yesterday. I'd fiddled with lots of graphics tabs but nothing was making much of a difference until I found a post from someone saying it's the graphic options applied to the UI. Sure enough, turning off Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, and Parallax. I guess those are supposed to make the UI look nicer but I haven't really noticed a difference. Ticking off those boxes smoothed out the spikes and the game runs way way more smoothly!

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

biosterous

started playing Bitburner which is an incremental game where you write javascript to hack companies in a cyberpunk dystopia. my scripts are terrible but also i'm learning stuff! and making video game numbers go up!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Curious Expedition 2 is on sale at GoG. I had a lot of fun with the first one.

Scaly Haylie

Sarah Cenia posted:

+ character creator

best $5 game ever

i tend to get bored of xenoverse pretty quickly but the variety of energy attacks is great

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Rockman Reserve posted:

xenoverse 2 is amazing and i actually fired it up for the first time in like over a year this past week to make a new character, do you have switch online? pm me your friend code!

the other thing i've been playing on switch is smt3 nocturne but i also haven't played that since like the week it came out and i'm only like 99% sure that the pixie i had in my save file's party is the one i started with that is Plot Important Somehow which makes me really tempted to restart....but the thought of grinding for another several hours bums me out. (also i know it's a ps2 game but stilllllllll, i hate games that don't let me save everywhere. it doesn't even let you save in the overworld!!! wtf)

sorry, i missed this thread for a minute, but my FC is SW-1778-7969-9459
I'm kinda on at random times but it'd be fun to play with some yobbers

please note my animal crossing town is a work in progress

Jolo

Getting so so mad at a boss fight in Halo Infinite. The whole fight up to the final part isn't easy and then this dumb monkey runs at me and bonks me and I die. He has more hit points than a platoon of tanks and he kills me in two hits or sometimes 1 if the game feels like it. It seems like the only thing in the room that does a decent amount of damage to him is the rocket launcher but if that rocket explodes close to you it kills you instantly. I might just not finish this game because of how lovely this fight is.

It also does that annoying thing where the game doesn't checkpoint the fight after the busywork at the start of the fight so every fight is 3 minutes of busywork and then me trying not to die for 20 seconds. I'm playing on normal, I dunno what kind of insanity the harder difficulties are. This gently caress's health bar doesn't move.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
inkling girl + biddybuggy + azure roller tires
this setup rules

Jolo

Sarah Cenia posted:

inkling girl + biddybuggy + azure roller tires
this setup rules

I love Mario Kart 8! That was the game that made me buy a Wii U. I played a bunch there and then bought it on Switch and have barely touched it. The visuals, the speed, and the tunes all combine into something magical.

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

Sarah Cenia posted:

sorry, i missed this thread for a minute, but my FC is SW-1778-7969-9459
I'm kinda on at random times but it'd be fun to play with some yobbers

please note my animal crossing town is a work in progress

If you will be around later in the evening I’ll happily come over to your island and give you some furniture and plants and stuff!

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

FutonForensic

I'm playing dragon's crown and this game has some of the sickest art ever

Yuu Morisawa

Watch Creamy Mami
I finally bought a Wii U in April

I installed Tiramisu and am currently playing games I haven't picked up in over a decade and stuff I missed out on

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i beat elden ring then went right into last of us 2 and while both absolutely amazing experiences i need a break from bleak

kalel

I keep imagining a "happy" Elden ring/dark souls. like you go to a castle and it's not abandoned or on fire, and the king is there and isn't a hosed up zombie or monstrosity borne of his own tragic hubris, and he gives you some lore in plain English, and sends you on a quest to find some magic cheesecake or whatever

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

FutonForensic posted:

I'm playing dragon's crown and this game has some of the sickest art ever

the art rules, having to complete the game 4 times per character does not :gonk:

kalel posted:

I keep imagining a "happy" Elden ring/dark souls. like you go to a castle and it's not abandoned or on fire, and the king is there and isn't a hosed up zombie or monstrosity borne of his own tragic hubris, and he gives you some lore in plain English, and sends you on a quest to find some magic cheesecake or whatever

Isn't that Dragon Quest?

Finger Prince

Bo-Pepper posted:

i beat elden ring then went right into last of us 2 and while both absolutely amazing experiences i need a break from bleak

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

sb hermit

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Isn't that Dragon Quest?

I was going to make that exact same comment

sb hermit

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

the art rules, having to complete the game 4 times per character does not :gonk:

I stopped playing when I found out you had to redo each level with a much harder route. Game was much longer than I had expected.

It's the same thing with Bravely Default. Turns out that you have to "beat" the game four times, which I found out after doing it the first time and looking at an faq to see what's left, and the story wasn't good enough to see through to the end.

Heather Papps

hello friend

happy fromsoft is monster hunter i will die on this hill

also i've been playing juice galaxy and wowie zowie it is something else.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

beer pal

Bo-Pepper posted:

oh word i beat bloodborne and went right into the last of us 1

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Goons Are Gifts

hello vidya gaymes, I mentioned it in the chat thread and do not have a winner yet, does anyone of you want a 2 months xbox game pass ultimate key? I was given one and I really only play wow currently so I cant make good use of it, so I will sell it to any yobber that is interested, for the low price of one (1) post anywhere on the forums, even ITT or via a pm to me asking for the code, I'll count it all

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

hello vidya gaymes, I mentioned it in the chat thread and do not have a winner yet, does anyone of you want a 2 months xbox game pass ultimate key? I was given one and I really only play wow currently so I cant make good use of it, so I will sell it to any yobber that is interested, for the low price of one (1) post anywhere on the forums, even ITT or via a pm to me asking for the code, I'll count it all

can I still buy that nintendo gift card?

sb hermit

I don't want game pass or whatever because I don't play very many windows or xbox games nowadays

Goons Are Gifts

Oh the Nintendo key was already claimed, sorry!

sb hermit

all good!

Rinzla

I currently have an unhealthy addiction to mario kart and smash.

Prof. Crocodile

Rinzla posted:

mario kart and smash.

the new ‘Netflix and chill’?

Finger Prince

Does anyone still play pokemon go? I have like 10 quests I can't advance without making friends and giving them gifts, and I have no pokefriends.

itry

Prof. Crocodile posted:

the new ‘Netflix and chill’?

Finger Prince

I fired up cyberpunk again. I felt like just playing it like GTA, so I loaded my pre-final mission autosave, and drove around randomly (God drat driving in this game with a mouse and keyboard is still terrible!) doing side missions and shooting up random gang members. It was a pretty satisfying way to play, but it kind of reveals that it would have been a much better game if Rockstar made it.

itry

It would've been a better GTA, yeah. Not sure about being a better game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

well i am going to win this last game of civ and then uninstall it, for the second time. it's really fun but even the fastest possible game is multiple hours and i have other stuff to play.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!