Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Sibling of TB posted:

Playing evolve super unoptimally.

Total Resets: 14
MAD Resets: 7
Bioseeds Resets: 5
Cataclysm Resets: 1
Black Hole Resets: 1

Currently in Antimatter, Trying to get 50 monuments in Banana Republic (at 47) but may just leave if my blackhole destabilizes before I get there. At 255,889 game days played on this current game. Slow paced game but it's working for me, I'm not sure how people can stick with doing like 255 MAD resets because I find that first part of the game super tedious.

My current reset counts:

Total: 117
MAD: 104
Bioseed: 12
Blackhole: 1

:v:

mastery is love, mastery is life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
In WAMI, is there any way to increase the chance of your Minion hitting critically? I've unlocked Kane and even boosting Critical Damage doesn't help that much when it'll go 10-15 attacks without any critical hits.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

The first thing is probably Plaza shop, should be available around the same time as Kane (although progressing it takes a bit).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

trimps has been around forever and is from before the time when automation was common. even with auto trimps it's still kind of a slog and doesn't have any of the fun inflection points a lot of games have these days, it's just standard slight prestige currency upgrades forever

I've bounced off the game 3 times now and been decently deep, it's just from the time of cookie clicker

I feel like you don't really hit your first paradigm shift until you hit zone 30 and do the Size challenge to unlock Carpentry, and even then you're still looking at maybe doubling all your production as opposed to multiplying it by 10 or whatever.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve Chat:

Working toward blackholing out of antimatter to heavy with 3k anti-plasmids in tow. Now I see why everyone says antimatter is so slow... It's going to take me literally days just to build the stellar engine (23 minutes per segment!), even with 9 mining droids, 8 processing centers, and 8 graphene plants. I did human -> ent -> gnome, which seemed like a good idea at the time but was probably suboptimal in some way.

It doesn't help that I decided to go for 99 supercolliders at the same time, which I knew would be pretty rough. But I'm only at 37 and now it's taking me 30-40 minutes each, so that's going to be another few days tacked on that. I'm going to see if I can push out to intergalactic a bit and maybe pick up some big production bonuses there? I've never gone farther than blackhole, so that's iffy. But I'll have tons of knowledge cap, so it can't possibly hurt.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 18, 2022

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Is Ent really any good after the super-early stages? I generally find I have a suffusion of citizens, to the point that having to deal with wood and planks doesn't really affect me any more.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
There's not really much in the way of early production bonuses since it's mostly a layer for ascension purposes. And you'll need to build the thing that allows you to hit intergalactic which might add more overhead and days to your schedule. I suggest looking at what's bottlenecking you at the moment (probably graphene based on my own experiences) and see if you can do like an AI Core for the quantum production bonus or simply more production buildings.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Sage Grimm posted:

There's not really much in the way of early production bonuses since it's mostly a layer for ascension purposes. And you'll need to build the thing that allows you to hit intergalactic which might add more overhead and days to your schedule. I suggest looking at what's bottlenecking you at the moment (probably graphene based on my own experiences) and see if you can do like an AI Core for the quantum production bonus or simply more production buildings.

It's adamantite and graphene. Definitely need to push deeper on quantum research still, it's just slow to build anything. Even more production buildings take an hour or so each at this point.

I'll skip intergalactic and just hunker down on pushing everything else. This is just the first time I've really felt how much slower antimatter is. MAD and bioseed wasn't horrible.

[edit]

I'm also extremely limited on soul gems right now, which is stopping me from buying a few useful researches and buildings... I'm working on fixing everything there so I don't get constantly overrun and actually have a chance to earn a few. I've been sitting on 0 for probably 12 hours now.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 18, 2022

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Oldstench posted:

I just started Exponential Idle. No idea how old it is, but it's alright. Pretty much a pure idler. Set some stuff up and let it go - check on it occasionally, get a nice chart showing number go up.

Re: android games, I've tried Exponential Idle a couple of times and it ends up hitting a point where it wants more of my thought than I'm willing to give it.

I guess I wish Spaceplan was longer.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The wiki does have a link to simulate your Hell fortress and see if it'll get over-run and expected soul gem return. I also suggest if you're investing Soul Gems back into Hell, prioritize Patrol Drones over War Droids; the latter act as if a single extra soldier is added to a patrol, 2 if Enhanced War Droids has been researched. A decent bonus if you're running small patrol sizes but the former acts as a small patrol that requires no soldier upkeep, they require 2 more MW and you can run as many as you like without a limit.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve:
Up to 54 supercolliders and almost done with my stellar engine.

I'm strongly considering just moving on ASAP and coming back for 99 supercolliders once I'm settled in heavy. I can't imagine I'm going to be able to optimize things enough to make getting from 54 to 99 take less than 4 or 5 days. I'm just too constrained on aluminum and titanium production.

[edit]
Whew, everything is built and mass ejection is in progress. ~4000 minutes to go, although that number will come down a bit (aside from at the rate of 1 second per second) as I built up more elerium and infernite mining infrastructure. Maybe building the remaining 38 supercolliders isn't out of the question...

I'm assuming building a second mass ejector raises my ejection limit to 2000, it doesn't double the gains from ejecting?

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 20, 2022

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'd say go for the 99 SC in Heavy instead, though by all means see how close you've gotten by the time your mass ejectors have clawed your exotic matter high enough to black hole reset. (e: And yes, correct, more mass ejectors let you eject more stuff, they don't give you more per-unit benefit from the stuff you're already ejecting.)

Important things to do during your first trip to Antimatter:
1. Buy the Bleed1 CRISPR (aka "get some benefit from your plasmids even in AM universe"). You can - and should, so you're only spending regular plasmids - buy its followups in other universes rather than AM, but you have to buy the first step here specifically.
2. Stockpile 3k-ish antiplasmids by whatever means you see fit.

Nice things to do if you can spare the patience:
3. (Not terrible:) Take a 4* run to MAD/early space until you can do gene mutation, and get the "Don't cross the plasmids" achievement on 4*. You'll get this as a side effect if you do the next one.
4. (More painful:) Take a 4* run to black hole, and black hole out of AM at that difficulty, to get the "Canceled" achievement on 4*.

Either way, you'll eventually be coming back later for one or another reason (e.g. EMF tour, or stockpile more antiplasmids). So if you don't get those 4* universe-specific achievements on this trip, you can get them later when you're better-established. Try to at least get them at 2* or 3* though, for the majority of the standard mastery benefit.

Also, consider a quick detour to Evil before going to Heavy. Bioseed to an Eden planet if you can't get one on your way in, get MAD for Unicorn and Seraph, use one of those to bioseed to wherever (greatness for angelic genus), and then black hole out and set up camp in Heavy. You can even do all of that Evil detour on 0* if you want to be really quick about it. Those angelic extinction/greatness achievements will come in handy once you finish your first ascension.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Vil posted:

I'd say go for the 99 SC in Heavy instead, though by all means see how close you've gotten by the time your mass ejectors have clawed your exotic matter high enough to black hole reset. (e: And yes, correct, more mass ejectors let you eject more stuff, they don't give you more per-unit benefit from the stuff you're already ejecting.)

Important things to do during your first trip to Antimatter:
1. Buy the Bleed1 CRISPR (aka "get some benefit from your plasmids even in AM universe"). You can - and should, so you're only spending regular plasmids - buy its followups in other universes rather than AM, but you have to buy the first step here specifically.
2. Stockpile 3k-ish antiplasmids by whatever means you see fit.

Nice things to do if you can spare the patience:
3. (Not terrible:) Take a 4* run to MAD/early space until you can do gene mutation, and get the "Don't cross the plasmids" achievement on 4*. You'll get this as a side effect if you do the next one.
4. (More painful:) Take a 4* run to black hole, and black hole out of AM at that difficulty, to get the "Canceled" achievement on 4*.

Either way, you'll eventually be coming back later for one or another reason (e.g. EMF tour, or stockpile more antiplasmids). So if you don't get those 4* universe-specific achievements on this trip, you can get them later when you're better-established. Try to at least get them at 2* or 3* though, for the majority of the standard mastery benefit.

Also, consider a quick detour to Evil before going to Heavy. Bioseed to an Eden planet if you can't get one on your way in, get MAD for Unicorn and Seraph, use one of those to bioseed to wherever (greatness for angelic genus), and then black hole out and set up camp in Heavy. You can even do all of that Evil detour on 0* if you want to be really quick about it. Those angelic extinction/greatness achievements will come in handy once you finish your first ascension.

Did evil achievements already. Picked up bleed. Doing everything 4*. I'm up to 63 supercolliders, getting another 20 should take me about a day depending on how well I optimize for aluminum and titanium, so theoretically getting to 99 shouldn't add too much time. I'll find out soon!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The bonus from 99 SC isn't that big and once you start doing ascensions you'll blow past it easily.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

The bonus from 99 SC isn't that big and once you start doing ascensions you'll blow past it easily.

I'm going to see if I can pull it off by the time I finish my blackhole. I'm totally willing to scrap the 99 SC plan, even though I'm up to the high 80s. No sunk cost fallacy here!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Anyone know if the dev or anyone picked up World Idle and built it out more/fixed it's real limited scaling and bad pacing?

I keep coming back to that one, but it's boring as hell unless you cheat engine infinite bonus years, but then it's only got enough content for like 12 hours until you basically can't make numbers go up in any significant way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So I think I just finished Egg, Inc. I got the diamond trophy on Enlightenment Egg.

But that last screen makes it seem like there's possibly more. I looked around online and didn't find much info or rumors.

Well, that was what it was. I guess I can delete the app now.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve idle question:

If I do a cataclysm reset, I can reset out of cataclysm and pick up with the same world and fantaticism bonus on the next run, right? I'm doing heavy, found a nice unstable planet, and would like to unlock cataclysm mode even if I'm not quite ready to try to make any progress in it.

So I did ent -> mantis (my last genus that needs a bioseed 4*). I'll do a bioseed run up to the world collider, then hang out and unlock cataclysm, then immediately reset and redo the mantis bioseed run on my unstable planet, right?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

So I think I just finished Egg, Inc. I got the diamond trophy on Enlightenment Egg.

But that last screen makes it seem like there's possibly more. I looked around online and didn't find much info or rumors.

Nope, that's been the end of it for a couple years now. There's nothing more but to interact with the constant events. I deleted it when I found out the diamond Enlightenment Egg needed to be cheesed or you had to grind up a years worth of the other one to even get close. Congratulations though, it was a decent idle for a long time.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
There's no real point to unlocking cataclysm and then leaving for later, as one of the achievements requires doing a cataclysm inside cataclysm which requires being on an unstable 'planet' anyways.

Yes it matters even though the planet doesn't actually exist for the run.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CannonFodder posted:

More will come out, I completed everything that was in that game years ago. There's so much more now. So much more. If you want to be free though, and when I checked in it was super grindy to do the events, so I don't blame you at all if you just want to be free.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

There's no real point to unlocking cataclysm and then leaving for later, as one of the achievements requires doing a cataclysm inside cataclysm which requires being on an unstable 'planet' anyways.

Yes it matters even though the planet doesn't actually exist for the run.

Okay... so I'll hold off until I'm ready, which will probably be post-ascension (or should I give it a shot pre-ascension?)

Once I finish the 8 genuses heavy achievements, I guess I'll see how far I can push in banana republic before I go for my first ascension. Some of the rewards look pretty useful.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Okay... so I'll hold off until I'm ready, which will probably be post-ascension (or should I give it a shot pre-ascension?)

Once I finish the 8 genuses heavy achievements, I guess I'll see how far I can push in banana republic before I go for my first ascension. Some of the rewards look pretty useful.

I unlocked and left it for later, it gives an achievement.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Definitely do it post-ascension and tailor a species specifically for it. Cataclysm is rough.

An early 0-3* Ascension is also good to get a custom with slaver which can be inherited and will become a staple in your run setups for more ascensions.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

Definitely do it post-ascension and tailor a species specifically for it. Cataclysm is rough.

An early 0-3* Ascension is also good to get a custom with slaver which can be inherited and will become a staple in your run setups for more ascensions.

I guess I'll pick up transcendence in heavy while cleaning up some low-hanging fruit achievements (still entirely missing a few MADs and planetary type bioseeds!) then shoot for a 3* ascension and figure out where to go from there. Still haven't touched micro or magic universes.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

I guess I'll pick up transcendence in heavy while cleaning up some low-hanging fruit achievements (still entirely missing a few MADs and planetary type bioseeds!) then shoot for a 3* ascension and figure out where to go from there. Still haven't touched micro or magic universes.

Okay, just started my 3* ascension run. I have around 500 plasmids (because I picked up transcendence)/3k anti/1k phage. All the heavy achievements done except for the one you get for BHing out.

Anything I should be aware of or achievements I should try to pick up as I head into the intergalactic phase? Never gone beyond BH before. I don't expect I'll get beyond early interstellar today, but who knows.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Your first ascension is just getting out asap with a custom species. After the first you'll always want to do ascensions with pillars from the first half of post-ascension hell before hitting a reset.

The only reason you don't pillar on the first run is because you need a crystal to infuse into the pillar which only comes from ascension reset itself.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

Your first ascension is just getting out asap with a custom species. After the first you'll always want to do ascensions with pillars from the first half of post-ascension hell before hitting a reset.

The only reason you don't pillar on the first run is because you need a crystal to infuse into the pillar which only comes from ascension reset itself.

The pillar thing isn't clear to me. I understand crystals but infusion is a big blank spot. I'm sure it will make sense in 24 hours or so.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

The pillar thing isn't clear to me. I understand crystals but infusion is a big blank spot. I'm sure it will make sense in 24 hours or so.

Pillars are a chase upgrade. Once per race (including custom and challenge specific ones) you can infuse a pillar in hell with a harmony crystal which gives a permanent 'Harmonic Energy' modifier which is a stacking +1% production bonus, 2% storage bonus and -24 tower segments (12 per tower) - a late hell structure that requires 1000 segments each (base), which in turn cost 1 soul gem per segment so this is really the most powerful part.

Going from ascension to pillar is something you'll do during the time it takes to build the machine to reset, generally and is always worth doing. Currently 49 are available.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 29, 2022

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Does anybody know if there’s anywhere a list of ideas for idle games? Things like, “I wish I had a game about..”? I’m learning some frontend stuff and it kind of naturally leans towards writing a small prototype.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 29, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

kaaj posted:

Does anybody know if there’s anywhere a list of ideas for idle games? Things like, “I wish I had a game about..”? I’m learning some frontend stuff and it kind of naturally leans towards writing a small prototype.

The /r/incrementalgames subreddit is a lot of devs and backseat devs, I've definitely seen some cool ideas scrolling through there but nothing like a composed list exactly

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Speaking of ascension, I was doing 4* banana republic which was further than I had been before (I was just doing MAD/Bioseeds to get all cheevos up until this run) and it took longer than I thought so I was like 'well I might as well go for an ascension I guess?' not knowing how much further ascension was from when I finished the banana republic portion.

Hooboy, it's taking awhile.

The real killer has been knowledge caps, I think I'm supposed to just focus on building Telemetry Beacons. I'm up to about 760,000 max knowledge and 780,000 will get me nanoweave, but after that it jumps up to like 900,000 requirement.

I know there are only a handful of researches between me and ascension but I'm really hoping nanoweave unlocks some sort of research building as this is fairly brutal.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Ascension is ~20m knowledge. Telemetry beacons are okay but your real goal should be capping Sensor Drones (Hell), Laboratory, and Farpoint (Interstellar) along with all your basics (Uni/Warden/Supercolliders) until you get to Tech Scavengers (~8m) which will really push your cap up hard. You'll get symposiums in the middle which are decent as well.

The jump between blackhole and ascension is, imo, bigger than the one from start-to-blackhole.

E: Also no idea how you have so little knowledge cap at that point. You should be well into the 3-4m range by the time you hit telemetry beacons. Checking it and you need 2,25m just to unlock the jump ship.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 29, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have mine set to scientific notation so maybe it's 7m instead of 700k, same diff tho.

I'm also running the script so it maxes alot of poo poo without me thinking about it, like all the basics and farpoints are maxed already (need more knowledge cap to get another one), could grab some sensor drones tho.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Speaking of ascension, I was doing 4* banana republic which was further than I had been before (I was just doing MAD/Bioseeds to get all cheevos up until this run) and it took longer than I thought so I was like 'well I might as well go for an ascension I guess?' not knowing how much further ascension was from when I finished the banana republic portion.

Hooboy, it's taking awhile.

The real killer has been knowledge caps, I think I'm supposed to just focus on building Telemetry Beacons. I'm up to about 760,000 max knowledge and 780,000 will get me nanoweave, but after that it jumps up to like 900,000 requirement.

I know there are only a handful of researches between me and ascension but I'm really hoping nanoweave unlocks some sort of research building as this is fairly brutal.

How long have you spent on that run so far? I'm glad I'm doing my first ascension at 3 star otherwise I could see this taking a week or longer.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Currently I'm at 150k game days played, which is 10 times the amount I spent on my last bioseed. I wasn't paying close enough attention to know what that is in real time.

I did spend the first chunk of it doing a challenge run which slowed things down alot, so take that into account.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 30, 2022

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
do you have the crispr perk that lets you take both anthropology and fanaticism? if you dont have that you'll probably be well out of range for the knowledge caps necessary for ascension

alternatively you might not be building enough supercolliders. they're one of the only sources of knowledge that doesn't have oppressive scaling knowledge costs, so they're an important part of hitting the caps you need

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah I have that and the script is up to 100 super colliders, I could manually build more tho.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Is there a first timer guide to intergalactic? I'm assuming I should be pumping out as many freighters as possible and largely ignoring all the ships that require soul gems so I can push to metaphysics?

Also pump up guns for the soul forge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Is there a first timer guide to intergalactic? I'm assuming I should be pumping out as many freighters as possible and largely ignoring all the ships that require soul gems so I can push to metaphysics?

Also pump up guns for the soul forge?

The ships are required to counter the control malus which is a scaling modifier up to -100% of all production in that sector. You'll want 4-5 of all the non-scount and dreadnoughts, the last of which you'll usually end up with 2-3 and scout ships you'll just want to use to fill leftover support for knowledge cap.

Soul forge is indeed quite good and required to progress further, you'll also unlock another building for it which lowers the required souls per gem which you'll also want to keep capped.

Andromeda has been out long enough that the script is pretty decent about it all, and will keep your ships where they should be. One early trap is that you shouldn't build any Vitreloy plants (the script typically won't either) as it's the only production facility in the sector so if you DO build one it'll need ships - the Super Freighters stack on top of the normal freighters and are affected by their sector instead.

For general soul gem use I'd suggest capping the script to building 2-3 repair droids, no war droids, and uncapped predator drones with the rest going into ships. Make sure you're also capping out military cap buildings and gene editing out any negative combat traits.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 30, 2022