Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

hifi posted:

chris paul will lead us to the promised land next year

he certainly will not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/MattWinerTV/status/1526027346502901760

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I guess last year was the Suns' big chance

they are fine for next year if you weren't being facetious. they match ayton and probably keep one of javale/biyombo. they need a PG that produces better than cam payne/aaron holiday/elfrid payton though. unless cam wants to step up again.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My condolences to any suns fans itt. I thought this was going to be a close game, not sure what happened.

the suns are remarkably tight-lipped about injuries and it turns out chris paul can't walk and booker was recovering from his hamstring injury, and you are going to task those players with running around and tiring out luka doncic. not good!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

hifi posted:

it turns out chris paul can't walk

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CP3 came down with Alzheimer's after game 6. Hate to see it but can't blame the guy (for anything).

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1526031201814949889

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

lmfao I’m never gonna ride him on fitness again

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skipmyseashells posted:

lmfao I’m never gonna ride him on fitness again

a fat man will never win the title

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dasar posted:

2000-2002 LA Lakers/2006 Miami Heat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dasar posted:

big baby won

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

hifi posted:

they are fine for next year if you weren't being facetious. they match ayton and probably keep one of javale/biyombo. they need a PG that produces better than cam payne/aaron holiday/elfrid payton though. unless cam wants to step up again.

Hmm, Nuggets get back Jamal and MPJ and Clippers get back Leonard, this was it for them and Paul, pretty sure. Great career but it's over.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Thank goodness the snitch supreme never got to win an nba title

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Dreylad posted:

The Bucks too, although Middleton probably makes a difference in that series.

They missed him as a number two option on offense. He's streaky but considering how much Giannis carried this team a few big shots could have made a difference. Holiday is great but not someone I want to rely on for pure scoring. I'm biased but Bucks with Midd take that series.

Edit: Roleplayers really poo poo the bed though. Looks like I'm back to hating Grayson Allen.

BrownPepper fucked around with this message at 11:29 on May 16, 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

still thinking about the bucks. george hill really stood out to me as being particularly bad, idk why they played him so much. is there really nobody better on that team?

the only thing i remember him doing at all in game 7 was getting called for an illegal screen, which cost the bucks one of the only 3s they actually hit. lol.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fart simpson posted:

still thinking about the bucks. george hill really stood out to me as being particularly bad, idk why they played him so much. is there really nobody better on that team?

the only thing i remember him doing at all in game 7 was getting called for an illegal screen, which cost the bucks one of the only 3s they actually hit. lol.

as BrownPepper said, they really really missed Khris Middleton.

Coach Bud is a bad coach and last year got really lucky because he had the best player in the NBA playing outstanding basketball and the supporting cast all fit and playing well. This year he still had the best player playing outstanding basketball but the supporting cast weren't all fit, and that was that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

CP3 came down with Alzheimer's after game 6. Hate to see it but can't blame the guy (for anything).

the guy was playing great and then turned 37 and overnight became the worst point guard in the playoffs, you hate to see it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Coach Bud is a bad coach and last year got really lucky because he had the best player in the NBA playing outstanding basketball and the supporting cast all fit and playing well. This year he still had the best player playing outstanding basketball but the supporting cast weren't all fit, and that was that

https://twitter.com/vivekmjacob/status/1526019422053445632

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Coach Bad

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

he’s always been a fraud. now he’s a legitimized fraud.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Thank you luka for reaffirming offense>all, the reign of the brute fraud king ends, couldnt score.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

a new study bible! posted:

he’s always been a fraud. now he’s a legitimized fraud.

At what point would you think a good coach would have realized letting Grant Williams freely shoot 3s wasn't work and would change it up?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

At what point would you think a good coach would have realized letting Grant Williams freely shoot 3s wasn't work and would change it up?

attempt #20?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Coach Bad

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If I was a betting man, and I am, I would have let Grant Williams shoot all day expecting him to get cold.

I am not good at betting on sports.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/clampcity_/status/1526206133689532416

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1526196256145657856

lmfao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I like PatBev a little more now

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Pat Bev gunning for the post-playing career spot.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
This is why you gotta make people grind through life, otherwise tryhards get unfair sake.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

jason kidd has had quite the glow up as a coach, jesus. Always thought he wasn't really adding any value to the Bucks but he's got this Mavs team playing out of their minds

vyelkin posted:

Coach Bad
he really sucks at his job

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

people forgot about that Hawks team

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Pat Bev owns

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Thought for a second on that last one that he was gonna throw KAT under the bus and I was like "Pat don't you sonofabitch no"

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Truly nobody is scared of the Timberwolves and that especially includes the "defensive stalwart" Patrick Beverly

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

QUEER FRASIER posted:

jason kidd has had quite the glow up as a coach, jesus. Always thought he wasn't really adding any value to the Bucks but he's got this Mavs team playing out of their minds

he really sucks at his job

This is year one, Kidd had his bucks team doing the same the first year, but then he started trying to bang his player's wives in year two and poo poo

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Truly nobody is scared of the Timberwolves and that especially includes the "defensive stalwart" Patrick Beverly

If they ever figure out how to have a bench that doesn't suck rear end, watch out.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I remember the bubble where Jamal Murray treated pat bev like the turnstile he is

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Mediocre defensive guard that needs to kick people in the balls to truly succeed

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Azathoth posted:

If they ever figure out how to have a bench that doesn't suck rear end, watch out.

watching them and Memphis run up leads and then have it evaporate at the speed of sound was great basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

skipmyseashells posted:

watching them and Memphis run up leads and then have it evaporate at the speed of sound was great basketball

Was really funny to see Finch's rotation in the elimination game because it pretty clearly showed who he actually had trust in, and it turns out he trusted Greg Monroe more than Naz Reid (which...fair) and basically no one else