Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

well the stress of campaigning is killing John Fetterman

so congrats to senator barnette i guess

the stroke gaurantees that the order of events will be:

1. Fetterman and maistrano win on a fat angry white dude wave
2. fetterman dies
3. maistrano appoints don jr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate posted:

well the stress of campaigning is killing John Fetterman

so congrats to senator barnette i guess

Barnette owns because she's that Nick Mullen bit about the first black woman president

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

i guess im not smart enough to do this weighty game theory moral calculus. i see a public official supporting Israel, I want to kill them. I want to kill them, so I dont vote for them. simple as

If you are not repulsed by the beliefs and actions of your elected officials, that just means you aren't paying enough attention to the beliefs and actions of your elected officials. Realistically, the most positive choice you're ever gonna get in American politics is between "wants to skeletonize palestinian 8 year-olds" and "wants to skeletonize palestinian 8 year-olds but isn't actively encouraging trans teenagers to kill themselves". Every time you vote, you are voting to make the world a more horrible place. If your objection is moral, you should be rejecting the institution altogether, because the only options available are choosing how much worse things get. The only possibilities for enacting true positive change are outside of the system. Given that, I'm perfectly willing to vote for one repulsive heap of inhuman trash over another; the Blood Engine will churn on regardless, and maybe a few more trans teenagers will survive long enough to see us 1) overthrow the hellworld we live in or 2) drown in nuclear hellfire.

tldr: i have voted and will continue to vote for people i think should be thrown in the hague for their disgusting crimes against humanity, because voting will never change the monstrous trajectory of this country anyways

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

tldr: i have voted and will continue to vote for people i think should be thrown in the hague for their disgusting crimes against humanity, because voting will never change the monstrous trajectory of this country anyways

man is born free and everywhere he is in chains

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

lol i didn't know about this

eh, Jess also had an MBA , so they’re probably the same senatewise

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i simply do not want to kill people it's pretty easy to do

Well la dee da

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

paul_soccer12 posted:

Well la dee da

look this "lets kill people" thing may fly in dnd but this is cspam bucko

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

i'd just like to chime in real quick and say that my attempt to rationalize electoralism is not meant to preclude acts of terrible violence against the wicked

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
fetterman is cool imo. dude is a caricature of what the us electoral left needs this year

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

he’s gonna lose to barnette, die, and then donald trump will deport his widow back to italy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

fetterman is cool imo. dude is a caricature of what the us electoral left needs this year

Tall and pro-genocide?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

he’s gonna lose to barnette, die, and then donald trump will deport his widow back to italy

She’s from Brazil

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

since when

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

also doesn’t have anything to do with what i posted

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
lol if you think trump knows the difference between Italy and Brazil

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

John is likely unable to continue the race. Lamb rises.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

she will be deported to italy

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:master:

Apr 7, 2003

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

she will be deported to italy

A fate worse than death

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nonsense posted:

John is likely unable to continue the race. Lamb rises.

in a sane world i cant imagine that we let joe biden and his mush-brains continue to hold the nuclear codes but john fetterman isn't healthy enough to be a senator

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tall and pro-genocide?

ill-fitting shirts

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fetterman will be our first "shorts in any weather guy" elected to the Senate, an important victory for representation.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fatterman is last on the ballot. he has no chance.

C-Euro posted:

Fetterman will be our first "shorts in any weather guy" elected to the Senate, an important victory for representation.

the senate will after 100 years finally kick someone out because he wore shorts on the floor

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the senate will after 100 years finally kick someone out because he wore shorts on the floor

it's worse when he tries to wear pants because they have to staple two pairs together lengthwise and he just looks like an enormous child in an oversized suit

I like the guy, but he's undressable. Can't be dressed.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

the white hand posted:

ill-fitting shirts

Or first politician who shows up to his inauguration wearing a TC Tuggers

Apr 7, 2003

John Deaderman

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

the white hand posted:

ill-fitting shirts
- nipples protruding -

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

heard about the stroke. you know covid can really hurt the cardiovascular system? just saying, very sad.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mdemone posted:

it's worse when he tries to wear pants because they have to staple two pairs together lengthwise and he just looks like an enormous child in an oversized suit

I like the guy, but he's undressable. Can't be dressed.

first goon senator, in spirit if not in posting

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

despite American voters being dumb as gently caress, the vast majority of primary voters know how to read a list of 4 things and pick the thing they want.

I was excited today to vote for our big senate boy and also for him to drop dead of a stroke and be replaced by Conor Lamb by the party for the general

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn’t having a stroke make him seem frail and sick to voters? Or these days maybe it makes him relatable?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Nastier Nate posted:

despite American voters being dumb as gently caress, the vast majority of primary voters know how to read a list of 4 things and pick the thing they want.
on the one hand you're not wrong

on the other it turns out that

quote:

going from last to first on the ballot [for 2014 party primary elections in Texas for non-Senate/House positions] raises a candidate’s vote share by nearly ten percentage points.

e: obviously for Senate primary the effect is much smaller but it still exists!

DACK FAYDEN has issued a correction as of 15:36 on May 17, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Doesn’t having a stroke make him seem frail and sick to voters? Or these days maybe it makes him relatable?

democrats clearly care about mental acuity, thus their leader is joe biden

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

the vast majority of primary voters know

:wrong:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

it just means that Dr Oz's whole campaign is going to boil down to "vote for me because I'm a doctor and I say this guy's gonna die lol"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

it just means that Dr Oz's whole campaign is going to boil down to "vote for me because I'm a doctor and I say this guy's gonna die lol"

when you lay down, lay your head on that soft pillow at night, you know that Oz is gonna do exactly what you'd want him to do if he were right there with you

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mdemone posted:

when you lay down, lay your head on that soft pillow at night, you know that Oz is gonna do exactly what you'd want him to do if he were right there with you

Kill Fethulla Gülen?¿?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/CharltonLack/status/1526598972361609217

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020