Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hope he sinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol at anyone who thought we might actually get plot development out of this

Think almost drowning will cause him to finally have whatever vision he's supposed to have?

It's incredible that mookie has been meandering with the dream visions so much that, even though they are supposed to be the thing that pushes the plot forward, the prospect of getting into one feels like he's about to waste more time.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

my favourite part of dominic deegan is that when it updates i remember that i only have a few hours left of work and then i get to go home

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Just remembered the word "piggart" and had to post.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
That’s what you get for drinking creature milk

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He and Pond Booze monster get married start a family. They talk thru sign language since it's underwater and...

OH! That's the answer for Snout can't hear! Just draw him and folks talking in sign language. Have the translation underneath.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

RandomPauI posted:

He and Pond Booze monster get married start a family. They talk thru sign language since it's underwater and...

OH! That's the answer for Snout can't hear! Just draw him and folks talking in sign language. Have the translation underneath.

You fool, talking in sign language would be dialog, thus undermining the premise of the comic.

The Ink Witch magically transcribing Arudak and non-Nazi orc's argument in real time is totally different for reasons.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
can this be the The End please Mookie?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

tbh if he just had snout drown I would possibly have to hand it to mookie

Possibly.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Moola posted:

can this be the The End please Mookie?

No moral.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Now we get a copy paste job of him in the ocean and the bubbles tell him to seek Luna.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lemme fix that for you

wouldnt want to have TOO much detail

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

just remembered OG deegan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

NAKED TIME

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

eugh

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
why is it that snout and kaianda can never cuddle when clothed? one or both of them always has to be naked.

jk i know why

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Bring back the booze monster.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So much of this is just cack-handed 'character' beats. There's so little story-progression I'd be honestly impressed if it weren't so... Unimpressive.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the asses

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Emrikol posted:

Bring back the booze monster.

Just make the whole comic about booze monster because all of the other characters blow

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

countdown until

e: i can't believe the sex scene was that long ago, literally nothing has happened since (except we found out arudak is a nazi i guess)

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Oh my god this comic has been going for three years.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

OG deegan got up to chapter 13 in its first three years

deegan 2.0 never left namek

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mx. posted:

e: i can't believe the sex scene was that long ago, literally nothing has happened since (except we found out arudak is a nazi i guess)

what the hell

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Arudak supported the Orc Nazis, yeah. Who are also the only people still mad at Callanian imperialism and it’s aftereffects because only Nazis would care about that.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
He's a good Nazi though

He didn't actually learn the secret nazi handshake or pay the club membership fee

Just agreed with their ideals and went to their rallies geez

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah the second part is what's weird to me because we already kind of have an example of a persecuted minority* becoming fascist oppressors themselves, but German oppression of them is used an excuse for their actions and it greatly affected the kinds of laws Germany passed to try and prevent it from happening again. But we don't know what happened in Callan after King Dave got defeated, so it just comes off as a little weird. You'd think the Seku Muat would be seen similarly to the state of Israel, with a lot of defenders saying "Remember what happened to them in the past, they have a right to have an ethnostate and take out anyone they think is threatening them!" and other people saying "Their past oppression doesn't give them the right to commit genocide on others."

But as far as we know the Seku Muat are universally portrayed as Evil and Wrong, mostly because Mookie had to pull the "Arudak wasn't really part of them" card so he could still remain A Good Guy. Kind of like how when Stonewater was declared A Good Guy, he had to make the only characters who had a problem with it possessed by demons. Though, I suppose to be slightly fair to Mookie, It Has Been 200 Years Since Dominc Deegan, whereas it hasn't even been 100 in the real world, so it's possible in another hundred years the majority opinion about Israel will shift to "They were wrong to do these things."

* Hopefully nobody misunderstood but just to clarify so it isn't taken the wrong way: the state of Israel is run by Jewish people, but Jewish people and the state of Israel are not the same thing. There are many Jewish people who do not live in Israel, and there are many Jewish people and Israelis who do not support the atrocities of the Israeli government.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I don't think this story is capable of handling the nuance of a story like that. It can barely handle the sense that not-Snout characters have lives and personality offscreen. Seriously, where did they even go :shrug:

Bring back Booze Monster

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Don't forget that Mookie wrote Star Power, in which his only response to the kind of conflict you describe was 'both sides bad, there's secretly a third party that's in between and never does violence and never throws rocks at tanks, we should come to their aid with unbeatable air support and artillery barrages.'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hate her outfit and how it makes her look like she's wearing a hideously unflattering bathing suit from behind when seated.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Midnight Voyager posted:

I hate her outfit and how it makes her look like she's wearing a hideously unflattering bathing suit from behind when seated.

I just assumed she changed into a bathing suit at the beach, for some reason.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Midnight Voyager posted:

Wait, she's not? I assumed she was wearing one, since they're at a beach

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Wait, she's not? I assumed she was wearing one, since they're at a beach

She's wearing a bathing suit, but the color makes it look like the shape is hideously unflattering. Judging by the front, it's a normally-shaped one-piece. But look at the shape on the back and know the white on her sides is also probably fabric. My eyes first read it as the white part being cutout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
snout's rear end