Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

it was, and remains so

you wouldn't last a day on the creek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Last night i hit "Arrange By Random" on my 592 film plex library and the first thing in the queue was phantom menace. i said sure what the gently caress lol and threw it on, just to be a good sport

turned it off after 20 mins. It's so loving bad. jesus christ. put some DS9 on to fall asleep to.

Next in the list is the 2012 Dredd (have not seen)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

It's good and you should watch it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dredd rules

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

bless Karl Urban for keeping the helmet on the whole movie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1526203758748872704

so

they're uh

making Zootopia again

e: oh right, Zootopia was Disney, not Pixar, so, a slightly different set of people are making Zootopia again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ember has way bigger tits than the rabbit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That seems like an excuse to work on a bunch of shaders

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

loquacius posted:

so

they're uh

making Zootopia again

e: oh right, Zootopia was Disney, not Pixar, so, a slightly different set of people are making Zootopia again

I get which one is the Italians but I can’t figure out the other 3

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
please, this is clearly a ripoff of detective pikachu

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

ember has way bigger tits than the rabbit

rabbit for the buttmen, ember for the titmen

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dredd owns. That reminds me that I haven't seen The Raid since it came out, need to watch that again.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Watch them try to sell this on China not realizing they left out wood and metal

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Raid 1 and 2 are loving incredible

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good soup! posted:

I assumed Raid 2 was not worth watching. Thanks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

it’s a little too long but it’s still good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Good soup! posted:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I get which one is the Italians but I can’t figure out the other 3
how racist u wanna get

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

how racist u wanna get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZe7z73jKj8&t=10s

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

Dredd owns. That reminds me that I haven't seen The Raid since it came out, need to watch that again.

The Raid 2 is even better. And then The Night Comes for Us if you want more The Raid but with the gore levels of a Saw movie.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Julie Estelle has 4 phenomenal fights between raid 2 (subway, corridor with her bro vs iko) and night comes (vs taslim, then the incredible chick fight)

Wish she were a bigger star

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 01:20 on May 17, 2022

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Linking this once again, it's an incredible list in order from 1 to 50 of best of the last decade. Only big miss is winter soldier really high, just place edge of tomorrow/dredd there instead.
https://filmschoolrejects.com/best-action-movies-decade/5/

Also wolf warrior 2 should be top 25 but it's really just standouts all over the place

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 01:31 on May 17, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Julie Estelle has 4 phenomenal fights between raid 2 (subway, corridor with her bro vs iko) and night comes (vs taslim, then the incredible chick fight)

Wish she were a bigger star

Check out Headshot. It's not as good as those two but she's in it and gets to fight some. Also Iko Uwais.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mantis42 posted:

Check out Headshot. It's not as good as those two but she's in it and gets to fight some. Also Iko Uwais.

Oh yeah that's right, she has that great final fight on the beach

I blame force awakens for casting iko and yayan and then doing nothing with them, setting back southeast asians in Hollywood

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

I assumed Raid 2 was not worth watching. Thanks.

It's a solid mob movie that also happens to have some absolutely batshit action scenes

Better than the first

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

Oh yeah that's right, she has that great final fight on the beach

I blame force awakens for casting iko and yayan and then doing nothing with them, setting back southeast asians in Hollywood

Tony Jaa finally gets an American movie role and it's the loving Monster Hunter movie :sad: Did that even come out or did the Chinese govt bury it in a lead coffin after one terrible throwaway joke

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

EL Skirvo posted:

Way of the Gun?

holy poo poo, all-time classic

Universal Soldier: Regeneration is mandatory on all action movie lists

POWELL CURES KIDS has issued a correction as of 02:29 on May 17, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Good soup! posted:

It's a solid mob movie that also happens to have some absolutely batshit action scenes

Better than the first

Yeah it turns out Gareth Evans is actually good at writing crime stories. Gangs of London is the same way: some genuinely great mobster intrigue mixed with some of the most brutal fight scenes you've ever seen.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

holy poo poo, all-time classic

Universal Soldier: Regeneration is mandatory on all action movie lists

Both Regeneration and Day of Reckoning are direct-to-video sequels that are far better than they have any right to be, to the point that they don't seem like they're direct-to-video

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

C-Euro posted:

Tony Jaa finally gets an American movie role and it's the loving Monster Hunter movie :sad: Did that even come out or did the Chinese govt bury it in a lead coffin after one terrible throwaway joke

did they cast Dirty Balls in it too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

was really impressed with the first episdoe of the new wire. they set things up so quickly

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Yeah it turns out Gareth Evans is actually good at writing crime stories. Gangs of London is the same way: some genuinely great mobster intrigue mixed with some of the most brutal fight scenes you've ever seen.

it’s not an action movie but he has an amazing section in v/h/s 2 that is a must see

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

was really impressed with the first episdoe of the new wire. they set things up so quickly

lead guy does an exceptionally good job of portraying a real piece of poo poo!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

thats just a repeat of a better simpsons joke tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L104LViQeIw

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

found out netflix has a bunch of Miyazaki fims

the full cut of Nausicaa was pretty good. i liked how accurate it is in portraying mankind's propensity for destruction and petty conflict, over compassion and patience

its initial release was butchered by Harvey Weinstein of all people. this poster lol (maybe one of those characters are in the film)

quote:

There is a rumour that when Harvey Weinstein was charged with handling the US release of Princess Mononoke, Miyazaki sent him a samurai sword in the post. Attached to the blade was a stark message: “No cuts.”

The director chortles. “Actually, my producer did that. Although I did go to New York to meet this man, this Harvey Weinstein, and I was bombarded with this aggressive attack, all these demands for cuts.” He smiles. “I defeated him.”

Durf has issued a correction as of 07:00 on May 17, 2022

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Miyazaki's Dune

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

loquacius posted:

so

they're uh

making Zootopia again

An unlikely pair who have to go on some quest is basically every Pixar movie ever.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

nausica is one of the best mangas ever

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

An unlikely pair who have to go on some quest is basically every Pixar movie ever.

I mean sure, but the concept of "big stylized city where many kinds of distinct anthropomorphization live in an uneasy truce and our heroes learn they're not so different after all" is kind of on the nose for Zootopia in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Alhazred posted:

That's kind of like one of those super basic story premises like the epic of Gilgamesh can be described as an unlikely pair go on a quest