Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I was impressed at the depth of those levels. Actually storylines to follow and everything.

Yeah you can just watch passively at things playing out for quite some time, it's really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Hiding a body in the bushes with a well timed sniper shot that sends their lifeless body flying ftw.

try playing your Xbox instead, sicko

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I cant imagine trying to play the Switch version, the load times on the PlayStation 4 version are really long.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Switch will probably load faster cos it’s not loading off a terrible HDD

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Switch will probably load faster cos it’s not loading off a terrible HDD

Instead it's loading off a terrible memory card

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My fav is when you shoot the rat poison into a guy’s drink which causes him to go barf then you shoot the toilet and it explodes in his face.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I wish the switch didn’t suck as a physical object, because it has some real good games. Baby sized controls

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buy a controller dumbass

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Big controllers you say?

(Hori split pad)

or more old skool

:thumbsup:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 16, 2022

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Bum the Sad posted:

The Elite 2 is a piece of poo poo. I owned three and immediately returned three. Each one has the same defect.

The A button doesn’t actually register until past the point of actuation/collapse.

I could reliably bounce the A button up and down on the button test screen and never have it register a press. You have to mash it into the membrane past the point the button collapses for it to register.

I tried to replicate this light tapping not register on the standard Series controller and it was at least five times more reliable in registering light button presses.

Does anyone know a reputable place to get replacement parts for a controller repair? I seem to have worn out the Series X controller I got last year. It's not an Elite 2, but I'm getting a similar problem as in this post. The Y button doesn't register an input when the button actuates but instead it needs a bit more force. It's leading to stuff like the double-clicking you get when you have worn out switches in your mouse and you only meant to press the button once.

When I test it out my X button is starting to get there too but it's not as bad, while the A and B buttons are fine. It seems to be going by the face buttons I use most so I'm hoping replacing the contact membrane fixes it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

External Organs posted:

How can you tell? Is there actual gameplay footage somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XG3SEZ4nb4

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

priznat posted:

My fav is when you shoot the rat poison into a guy’s drink which causes him to go barf then you shoot the toilet and it explodes in his face.

That’s a good one. There’s also some good accident multi kills in the Siberia level. Wish I wasn’t so terrible at sniping with a controller.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

That’s a good one. There’s also some good accident multi kills in the Siberia level. Wish I wasn’t so terrible at sniping with a controller.

Yah I just do it on PC. Siberia has some excellent icicles!

I haven't been able to hit the battery as the guy beats the other guy with it though. Extremely short window!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/xboxgamepass/status/1526320834889007104?s=21&t=jiDWQ89npdwbX-RleLW8fw

Gonna play this and Umurangi Generation and Pac-Man now this month, thanks game pass

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
People play the Jurassic world game? Isn't it just a phone game?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a pretty well regarded park builder sim.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

shiiiiieeeet

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

JP Evolution 2 is a lot of fun, I’ve had it since it came out. It’s a great park builder and if you enjoyed the first, this one is a straight improvement. The Campaign is really short, as in maybe 3 or 4 hours but it works more as a tutorial. The game plays best in Chaos Theory mode, where you have to complete scenarios based on the movies with a good degree of freedom to do what you want, or in Sandbox mode which I think has all the dinos unlocked from the start now. If you enjoyed JP: Operation Genesis back in the day, you will enjoy Evolution.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got into playing more of Hardspace: Shipbreaker which I bought ages ago on Early Access and apparently it is out of EA on May 24 and coming to Game Pass PC! Very cool chill fun game just lazering apart spaceships to salvage.

Or you can put a bunch of bombs on a reactor and blow the gently caress out of it, either way!

Would be fun on console too hope it gets a port over.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

I got into playing more of Hardspace: Shipbreaker which I bought ages ago on Early Access and apparently it is out of EA on May 24 and coming to Game Pass PC! Very cool chill fun game just lazering apart spaceships to salvage.

Or you can put a bunch of bombs on a reactor and blow the gently caress out of it, either way!

Would be fun on console too hope it gets a port over.

How do the salvage mechanics compare to Star Citizen?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Space Jam posted:

JP Evolution 2 is a lot of fun, I’ve had it since it came out. It’s a great park builder and if you enjoyed the first, this one is a straight improvement. The Campaign is really short, as in maybe 3 or 4 hours but it works more as a tutorial. The game plays best in Chaos Theory mode, where you have to complete scenarios based on the movies with a good degree of freedom to do what you want, or in Sandbox mode which I think has all the dinos unlocked from the start now. If you enjoyed JP: Operation Genesis back in the day, you will enjoy Evolution.

most (all?) bipedal dinosaurs in the game are depicted with their hands pronated which is not something any of them could do so therefore the game is poo poo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do the dinos have feathers?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hatty posted:

Do the dinos have feathers?

nope, nor do the pterosaurs have pycnofibers

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The dryosaurus are very cute :colbert:

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 17, 2022

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

I said come in! posted:

lol I cant imagine trying to play the Switch version, the load times on the PlayStation 4 version are really long.

It's only 30fps on Switch too, which is very rough for a game like this as the later rounds usually require some precision platforming.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lammasu posted:

How do the salvage mechanics compare to Star Citizen?

I’ve never played Star Citizen, but it’s fairly straightforward.. laser cutter that can caporize attach points or cut lines, and a grapple energy thing to push the stuff around. Also tethers. Later you get little demo charges too.

You chop the stuff up and regular material like aluminum goes in the furnace for smelting, fancier material like the “nanomaterial” of the ships hull goes in a processor and stuff like computers and chairs and reactors go in a barge below.

My main complaint is despite the ships looking kind of cool the designs and layouts are a bit dull and get pretty samey. Gets a little fiddly too and the tethers don’t behave the way I expect all the time. Overall fun and chill though, with a story about you and your fellow shipbreakers unionizing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1526548221711069184

Echoing Shipbreaker being very fun and Vampire Survivors is a nice surprise (for me maybe it was announced already)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The dates for people who aren't clicking:
COMING:
Today: Her Story (PC), Jurassic World Evolution 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Little Witch in the Woods (Game Preview, Console and PC), Skate (Cloud via EA Play), Umurangi Generation Special Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 19: Farming Simulator 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Vampire Survivors (PC)
May 24: Floppy Knights (Cloud, Console, and PC), Hardspace: Shipbreaker (PC)
May 26: Sniper Elite 5 (Console and PC)
May 27: Cricket 22 (PC), Pac-Man Museum+ (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving May 31:
EA Sports NHL 20 (Console)
Farming Simulator 19 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Knockout City (Console and PC) EA Play
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Spellforce 3: Soul Harvest (PC)
Superhot Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Yes Your Grace (Cloud, Console, and PC)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Let me just quickly grab my wallet so I can pay actual money for the video game Knockout City

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Everyone play Vampire Survivors that game is awesome!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thought it was Vampire Saviors and got pretty excited

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Let me just quickly grab my wallet so I can pay actual money for the video game Knockout City
Better hurry, it's going F2P on the one year anniversary.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
knockout city is just an insanely bad version of Ricochet, the best valve game ever made

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Kins posted:

The dates for people who aren't clicking:
COMING:
Today: Her Story (PC), Jurassic World Evolution 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Little Witch in the Woods (Game Preview, Console and PC), Skate (Cloud via EA Play), Umurangi Generation Special Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 19: Farming Simulator 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC), Vampire Survivors (PC)
May 24: Floppy Knights (Cloud, Console, and PC), Hardspace: Shipbreaker (PC)
May 26: Sniper Elite 5 (Console and PC)
May 27: Cricket 22 (PC), Pac-Man Museum+ (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving May 31:
EA Sports NHL 20 (Console)
Farming Simulator 19 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Knockout City (Console and PC) EA Play
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Spellforce 3: Soul Harvest (PC)
Superhot Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Yes Your Grace (Cloud, Console, and PC)

This is a fantastic haul! Game pass delivers

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I assume the Sniper Elite games are still set during World War 2? 5 should be fun for shooting Nazis in the dick and making their balls explode. I played...I think it was Sniper Elite III and had a decent amount of fun with it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I played through whichever Sniper Elite was on gamepass. It was fun and completely unmemorable.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1526548221711069184

Echoing Shipbreaker being very fun and Vampire Survivors is a nice surprise (for me maybe it was announced already)

drat it. For a second I thought Vampire Survivors was coming to console.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I remember seeing Pac-Mania in the arcade at Disneyland when I was a kid and being absolutely blown away at the pseudo-3d aspect of it. Oh to be a child again :allears:

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Lammasu posted:

drat it. For a second I thought Vampire Survivors was coming to console.

Oh, I thought the same! My life is incomplete now.

EDIT: re: Sniper Elite 5. I'm not sure what to think about this game. It's a weird mix where you have an option for both going guns blazing (to an extent) and also play it sneakily. You can crank up the realism quite high if that's your thing. And any time I started playing it sneakily, after first time I've been found I just switched to full carnage mode to get everybody in vicinity. I'll try 5 but 4 felt a bit repetitive at times.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What is Vampire Survivors? The box art and name make it lool like one of those lovely generic facebook games.