Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

DrSunshine posted:

What if some designer decided to go all-in on the ship designer as the main focus of the game, and made a game all about designing spaceships? The combat, economy, etc, stuff is all abstracted, and your score depends entirely on the ship designs your shipyard comes up with! Design ships, send them off, get rewarded for better designs that perform better and get access to stronger weapons and bigger hulls!!

There's Starship Corporation which sounds like almost exactly that, but reviews are mixed and I've not played it myself.

But yes, a well-done Rule the Stars could be neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sold. :v:

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
To make things right those ship designer game need a bad unbalanced empire management mini-game attached to them.

Dayton Sports Bar
Oct 31, 2019
The strategic layer of Rule the Waves is actually quite decent, from what I recall. And it fits kinda well with Vicky 3's emphasis on strategic over operational warfare.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1526925574848950272

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How's the overall standard of living lower than the average standard of living of all 3 strata

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I assume because the upper and middle classes are so small that they barely effect the overall rating

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DaysBefore posted:

I assume because the upper and middle classes are so small that they barely effect the overall rating

Yeah but the lower strata is also higher than the overall average.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe it's the overall average for the entire country, not just that culture group.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Their interest group is exclusively focused on the creation of gumbo factories.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Pakled posted:

Yeah but the lower strata is also higher than the overall average.

By 0.1, could just be a classic rounding/display error.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
I remember when the leak occurred, there was some discussion about paradox streaming this pretty soon. Can’t recall the context of that / where I saw it. Has there been anymore word about that?

Or maybe I imagined it!

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Dreissi posted:

I remember when the leak occurred, there was some discussion about paradox streaming this pretty soon. Can’t recall the context of that / where I saw it. Has there been anymore word about that?

Or maybe I imagined it!

You may be thinking of Wiz’s AAR, which was via discord posts rather than streaming. That did happen though.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice

Fray posted:

You may be thinking of Wiz’s AAR, which was via discord posts rather than streaming. That did happen though.

That must have been it. I voted in that twitter poll then forgot all about it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Quorum posted:

Society after the gumbo factories go online:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Quorum posted:

I'm a cajun and seeing this led me to go look and see if the french canadians actually dabble in gumbo, and of course, Gumbo Poutine was one of the first things to come up.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

really queer Christmas posted:

Society after the gumbo factories go online:

And right before the GumboDrones are unleashed. :v:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I'm a cajun and seeing this led me to go look and see if the french canadians actually dabble in gumbo, and of course, Gumbo Poutine was one of the first things to come up.

:eyepop:

I struggle to imagine the taste

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Dreissi posted:

Or maybe I imagined it!

Wiz mentioned it was coming soon, and still will be, in the response to leak post on PDX forums.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-47-conversion-and-assimilation.1526366/

Time for Dev Diary #47 - Conversion and Assimilation.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
In vicky 2 do I want to acquire substate or demand concession for maximum land grab?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

In vicky 2 do I want to acquire substate or demand concession for maximum land grab?

IIRC "Acquire substate region" is specifically for territory controlled by an autonomous substate of the country you're declaring against. For example, if you want to take territory from Guanxi, you'd use "Acquire substate region" against China, their overlord. "Demand concession" is used against sovereign countries for territories they control directly. In other words, those two CBs don't overlap in regards to the lands they let you take.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hell yeah this sounds awesome. in vicky 2 one of my favorite games is playing as multicultural communist usa and taking over the western hemisphere. I always loved seeing how immigration and assimilation (two bizarre unknowable mechanics imo) would shape the demographics in my country, with some places being totally assimilated, some places being 30% primary culture, and some places not assimilating at all. Man I'm so excited for this game! Hope it's good!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1527651215802261506

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Is New Brunswick still Wrong tho

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DaysBefore posted:

Yes and for every suggestion the make it worse out ofspite

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I wonder what Koramei's thoughts are. :)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

DaysBefore posted:

Ah yes, Nova Scotia. One of the thirteen provinces and territories of Canada. One of the three Maritime provinces and one of the four Atlantic provinces.

We have dismissed that claim.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wiz posted:

Ah yes, Nova Scotia. One of the thirteen provinces and territories of Canada. One of the three Maritime provinces and one of the four Atlantic provinces.

We have dismissed that claim.

Getting Nova Scotia's borders right isn't exact rocket appliances! Even through pure denial and error you guys will get it right eventually and your map will pass with flying carpets.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a lot of people asking why Canada has weird borders, not asking if Canada is important enough for correct borders!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Why did you need a Nova Scotia anyway, isn't one Scotland enough?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Too much tbh

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wiz posted:

Why did you need a Nova Scotia anyway, isn't one Scotland enough?

We need Secret-Scotia

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Don't even get me started on Prince Edward Island erasure...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Personally I support Scottish Independence followed by confederation with Nova Scotia into Great Scotlandia

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1529099906337603584

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1529462290742882304

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Are the dev diaries going to focus on countries now? I hope so!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Vichan posted:

Are the dev diaries going to focus on countries now? I hope so!

This week's dev diary is going to be about Unifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Takanago posted:

This week's dev diary is going to be about Unifications.

Even better!