Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

dr_rat posted:

Vibe of the thing?

a reference to The Castle, right after I bought one of Bud Tingwell's suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Comstar posted:

He says he "acting decisively" during the pandemic!?! The Ruby Princess. The lack of closing the borders and then keeping them closed for citizens. RAT tests;. It's not a race.

lol at bringing up the Ruby Princess in 2022

https://twitter.com/BRKeogh/status/1526077767741165568

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just heard a great version of the "leopards eating people faces" analogy. Or at least it espouses something similar.

"The forest kept shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. Because the axe was clever, and convinced the trees that because it's handle was made of wood, it was one of them."

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Very telling that they pick the cleanest burning coal where most of the impurities have been removed thanks to millions of years of cooking in the Earth. Go lick some peat coal.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Time for the old soggy coal, last one to finish has to lick it clean!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Konomex posted:

Very telling that they pick the cleanest burning coal where most of the impurities have been removed thanks to millions of years of cooking in the Earth. Go lick some peat coal.

Just like when they took a lump of coal into parliament and Morrison was smugly mocking everyone, pointing out how it wasn't doing anything dangerous.

Yeah, no poo poo that the the inert lump sitting there unburned was safe, now try lighting it up and taking a deep breath.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Lawman 0 posted:

Is labour winning?

No, the libs are just losing

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Senor Tron posted:

Just like when they took a lump of coal into parliament and Morrison was smugly mocking everyone, pointing out how it wasn't doing anything dangerous.

Yeah, no poo poo that the the inert lump sitting there unburned was safe, now try lighting it up and taking a deep breath.

Who was it that brought a can of coke into Parliament to prove CO2 was perfectly safe?

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
"Ooh look how triggered you are when I lick coal! Look how stupid you all are hahaha"

Dirt lickers got us beat here fellas.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
trigger warnings please

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Take a pipe down there and ask them to smoke their coal.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's the eastern suburbs i'm surprised he isn't putting it up his nose.

Gorndar
May 31, 2004
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM!
Shane Bazzi has won his appeal in the defamation case over his Peter Dutton tweet.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/may/17/shane-bazzi-wins-appeal-in-defamation-case-over-peter-dutton-tweet

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

the coal was lacquered because theyre big fussy babies

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Me and the boys playing a round of soggy briquette.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
https://twitter.com/AusElectoralCom/status/1526319006764113920

So over a quarter of people have made early votes are applying for postal. Seems like the ques on Saturday may not even be that long.

I'm assuming early voting centers mostly won't have democracy sausages available? If so a national shame.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

good news imo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
the last few times that I've actually voted on election day I just rock up at 5pm or so and walk straight in, no lines

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
lol if you haven't voted already

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

How are you going to get your democracy snag if you vote early, just smdh over here

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Early voting will be the new electoral fraud

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A muffin break survey of 500,000 coffee drinkers predicts a coalition victory.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bargearse posted:

How are you going to get your democracy snag if you vote early, just smdh over here

I've been eating democracy kebabs like every day here, I am all full of democracy

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Anidav posted:

Anybody debasing themselves to the point that they would buy coffee from a muffin break had got to be like over 60 at least.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I trust the beans, the time for hope is over.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

GoldStandardConure posted:

I've been eating democracy kebabs like every day here, I am all full of democracy

No thats garlic sauce

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Also Muffin Break: https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/muffin-break-boss-millennials-unpaid-work/

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

Bargearse posted:

Pro tip you can get a snag at any bunnings on a weekend, doesn't have to be an election day hth

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Democracy sausages are overrated

Although I did once stand in line and chat with Julian Burnside in line for one , that was nice

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GrandMaster posted:

Pro tip you can get a snag at any bunnings on a weekend, doesn't have to be an election day hth

Yeah but just going to bunnings to get a substitute democracy snag on a none election day feels like cheating or something.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
they sell sausages at the supermarket

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

they sell sausages at the supermarket

My missus is vego and I feel bad if I cook meat at home while she is there.

On the plus side she doesnt mind me scarfing down a meat based meal in front of her

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Democracy sausages are overrated

Although I did once stand in line and chat with Julian Burnside in line for one , that was nice

The last two elections I have been on a booth and the Lib candidate Vince Connolly has gone to massive lengths to avoid talking to me.

First time he was walking towards me, saw me, then just walked as far away from me as possible avoiding eye contact.

Second time he walked straight through a hedge so he didn't have to walk down the path past me.

Its a shame I won't be working on a booth this election, so I can't go for the trifecta and see what lengths he will go to avoid getting close to me.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Anidav posted:

Kevin Bonham has opinions:
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1526395477075169281

Also, my opinion is that the numbers for "Tasmania" are so evenly rounded, I think that means it was a sample of 5.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Forum Joe posted:

Also, my opinion is that the numbers for "Tasmania" are so evenly rounded, I think that means it was a sample of 5.

Or who ever was meant to set up this whole bean poll thing in tassie couldn't be bothered tallying numbers/totally forgot to set it up in the first place, then just said gently caress it and made up some numbers.

Edit:

Oh and First Nations issues debate on NITV tonight at 7.30. Unsurprisingly ALP and Greens both sent someone the Libs did not.

https://twitter.com/NITV/status/1526415179348463622

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 17, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Glad I just hit play instead of reading spoilers for the funny reveal.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GrandMaster posted:

https://www.facebook.com/urbansausage/

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

GrandMaster posted:

Yeah and I could barbecue them up myself at home any time I like, day or night, but it's just not democratic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/AusElectoralCom/status/1525966776772829184