Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

your orrus looks sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

goatface posted:

It doesn't feel v necromunda to me.

it feels like this line is banking on people double dipping for 40K

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I feel like I'd like it better if it didn't have the lil helmet in the center. Maybe like a big Zaku eye in that well?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone at GW really, really likes "exosuit" style mechs where you can still see the operator. I suppose they think it's the best of all worlds because you get a sweet mech that's like an infantryman but better while also still getting the humanization of your little pilot. Hell, this theoretical employee/this infatuation with exo suits is probably why every drat vehicle is is basically a dude now, because they want to slam super heroes and not play a traditional war game.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

goatface posted:

Maybe out on the Ash Wastes, but yeah, it feels awfully bulky for moving around a hive.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

goatface posted:

big same

I miss when Necro was just groddy weird dudes, jacked up dudes and punk gals

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Virtual Russian posted:

Sounds like a great problem to have! I've only got one person into it in my local area so far, but there is also a huge epic scene here.

I don't remember, are you in the pacific northwest? Printing an epic army has been on my to-do list for a couple years, and I don't think there's much regular play up here but there's definitely some kind of community.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i honestly don't really know where to get started on building an epic army, in terms of finding outlets that'll print figures for it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

goatface posted:

it feels like a logical extension of ambots from gangs of the underhive, which are the more or less default brute for gangs that don't have a better alternative brute

i can get how it gets away from the street gang feeling though

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

MCPeePants posted:

I don't remember, are you in the pacific northwest? Printing an epic army has been on my to-do list for a couple years, and I don't think there's much regular play up here but there's definitely some kind of community.

mllaneza posted:

If either of you are in the Bay Area, take a +1. I've found my old orks and am fixing my 3d printer this weekend.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh

Yeah I'm pacific northwest, I'm on Vancouver Island, but go to Vancouver proper often for games.

Edit: there is a pretty solid community of players, even in my local area. Game organization seems to be just starting back up. Locals here had a room booked every week for games before covid, but it was unavailable due to covid until super recently.

Virtual Russian fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 16, 2022

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jack B Nimble posted:

Someone at GW really, really likes "exosuit" style mechs where you can still see the operator. I suppose they think it's the best of all worlds because you get a sweet mech that's like an infantryman but better while also still getting the humanization of your little pilot. Hell, this theoretical employee/this infatuation with exo suits is probably why every drat vehicle is is basically a dude now, because they want to slam super heroes and not play a traditional war game.

The squat suit needs to have a pair of stumpy operator arms coming out the front.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Big power armour suits and robot dudes used to be for the elite of the elite.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I look forward to the addition of jets, tanks and artillery guns to really add to the gang war in the underhive vibe. 🙄

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Indolent Bastard posted:

I look forward to the addition of jets, tanks and artillery guns to really add to the gang war in the underhive vibe. 🙄

i mean, they already announced the war rig from fury road at the start of the ash wastes previews

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

It's mostly the paint job. It just doesn't look like a repurposed industrial unit it looks like it was made to fight and then given army colours. If you painted most of it metal then weathered it, it'd feel more necro.

but lol it's painted in the exact same colours as the revealed squat warrior for 40k hmmmm

E: and the trike

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 16, 2022

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

New squats look like they tried to lean into GW early 90s aesthetic but just didn't nail it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Cease to Hope posted:

i mean, they already announced the war rig from fury road at the start of the ash wastes previews

I hope they still go more in this direction really. Honestly id have liked it better if instead of squats that had revealed separate vehicles for each House, Really lean into that Fury Road rear end poo poo that lends itself to Necro so easily

but i guess they had an idea for where they wanted Squats in Necromunda.
i still like the way the Squats look. Wide little shorties.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 17, 2022

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I love that the new Squats will be wrestling bugs and punching trucks.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I like what they have shown of league space dorfs, but dislike the necromunda ones. Barrels with legs and repurposed warmachine warjack.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Hihohe posted:

I hope they still go more in this direction really. Honestly id have liked it better if instead of squats that had revealed separate vehicles for each House, Really lean into that Fury Road rear end poo poo that lends itself to Necro so easily

but i guess they had an idea for where they wanted Squats in Necromunda.
i still like the way the Squats look. Wide little shorties.

Oh, unique gang vehicles (or possibly mounted fighters instead in some cases) will definitely be coming along. I'd stake my life on it.

I know what people mean when they say necromunda is too heavily armed these days. but the counterpoint is that it's much easier to have all the tools, and restrict them for a low-power campaign, than it is to make up newer bigger cooler stuff from scratch. So I'm OK with the direction.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Oh, unique gang vehicles (or possibly mounted fighters instead in some cases) will definitely be coming along. I'd stake my life on it.

I know what people mean when they say necromunda is too heavily armed these days. but the counterpoint is that it's much easier to have all the tools, and restrict them for a low-power campaign, than it is to make up newer bigger cooler stuff from scratch. So I'm OK with the direction.

House Orlock stompas, Escher Knights, it just works.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

House Orlock stompas, Escher Knights, it just works.

You joke, but I am 100% sketching up plans for a vehicle big enough to form a centrepiece of moving terrain. The bane blade track system isn't really big enough for what I'm envisioning. I want a proper 12"x24" footprint and at least one storey of sector mechanicus high (5"). Trying to figure out how I could mount a tectonic drill and/or a crane onto it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

You joke, but I am 100% sketching up plans for a vehicle big enough to form a centrepiece of moving terrain. The bane blade track system isn't really big enough for what I'm envisioning. I want a proper 12"x24" footprint and at least one storey of sector mechanicus high (5"). Trying to figure out how I could mount a tectonic drill and/or a crane onto it.

It sounds awesome. I'm glad folks are loving the current direction of Newcromunda.

I have officially hit the phase of my gaming life where skirmish is it. Large scale war games take way too long to play and I can't be arsed painting dozens and dozens models for a game, especially vehicles.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I want a cawdor gang thats really into Space marines.
So they put on pneumatic suits made of lovely scrap in the image of Space Marines and go into battle to Larp as them.

"The Imperial fists wouldnt take me but im still a space marine! The emperor wills it!"
*gets shot in the face by shittiest slug gun and dies*

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Genghis Cohen posted:

The bane blade track system isn't really big enough for what I'm envisioning.

Time to visit an actual toy shop methinks.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hihohe posted:

I want a cawdor gang thats really into Space marines.
So they put on pneumatic suits made of lovely scrap in the image of Space Marines and go into battle to Larp as them.

"The Imperial fists wouldnt take me but im still a space marine! The emperor wills it!"
*gets shot in the face by shittiest slug gun and dies*
Substitute "Custodes" for "Space Marines" and you legitimately got Cawdor. Their pole arm weapons are a homage to how the Custodes are armed. The only thing missing is the lovely armor, but you could easily model that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Z the IVth posted:

Some larger model tanks or trains would probably be an awesome base for some terrain

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Genghis Cohen posted:

Could check out what people have done for kitbashes on making a Leviathan. At least for the bottom part of "big thing on tracks"

Or stuff like this where some madlad made a rolling Word Bearer's chapel.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Could check out what people have done for kitbashes on making a Leviathan. At least for the bottom part of "big thing on tracks"

Or stuff like this where some madlad made a rolling Word Bearer's chapel.

I would be very interested to find out how that first one was built, truly massive. The cathedral looks like 2 baneblade track assemblies, with the ends trimmed to fit together and lengthen them, and the width of the 'floor' lengthened in proportion, which you could just do with undetailed plasticard.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Some larger model tanks or trains would probably be an awesome base for some terrain

Z the IVth posted:

I think these may be good moves. Model trains are sodding expensive, but there must be some cheap-model/expensive toy tanks with big track assemblies. Or scale kits of real world huge mining vehicles.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s not the full 24 inch that you’re looking for, but there are Cat-branded giant plastic trucks in a 11x15 footprint for like $25

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think these may be good moves. Model trains are sodding expensive, but there must be some cheap-model/expensive toy tanks with big track assemblies. Or scale kits of real world huge mining vehicles.

If you're looking for the treads/tracks that you can adjust the length of, Lego may be the best bet. They have a lot of construction vehicles that you can find the instructions for on Lego's site, and just buy the pieces that you want/need to make the assembly from Bricklink. Probably not as cheap as a large model, but you may have an easier time building the assembly in the size you want, and also gives you a bit of flexibility in building the assembly frame to give the shape you want.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

berzerkmonkey posted:

Substitute "Custodes" for "Space Marines" and you legitimately got Cawdor. Their pole arm weapons are a homage to how the Custodes are armed. The only thing missing is the lovely armor, but you could easily model that.

Im thinking of Homebrewing a Brute for this.
Instead of the "Cawdor Space Marine" being generally man sized its a huge mechanical monstrosity the size of a dreadnought because thats how they envision a space marine.

A huge stomping scrap effigy of the Emperors Angels of Death

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone tried playing the Apocalypse ruleset at an Epic (6mm) scale? I've heard some pretty good things about it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Red Herring posted:

Has anyone tried playing the Apocalypse ruleset at an Epic (6mm) scale? I've heard some pretty good things about it.

Just play Epic? It's a good system and continues to be fan supported.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Red Herring posted:

We tried that out in my group once (using epic figs and just straight converting all measurements from inches to centimeters), and it works fine! Surprisingly well even - we played like a 150PL game in a morning.

But yeah, I’d still rather play Epic since it actually has functional rules for redeployment, morale, and command and control, and doesn’t require each player to have a massive deck of curated cards for stratagems or whatever apocalypse calls them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mllaneza posted:

If either of you are in the Bay Area, take a +1. I've found my old orks and am fixing my 3d printer this weekend.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh

yooo
I got eldar and I'm in Concord...

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am currently playing an Isharann Soulrender in Soulbound. Currently I got a Rakerdart pet. I was given a houserule to make attacking with a pet a free action. Are there any other house rules my group should do to make our pets viable in combat and noncombat scenarios?

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Big question is - what pets? Because there is large spread of what players can have access to. I honestly didn't notice that pets in soulbound need much fixing

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Big question is - what pets? Because there is large spread of what players can have access to. I honestly didn't notice that pets in soulbound need much fixing

I think one had a star weasel. When it came to me my Rakerdart does only a little damage while my Soulrender can one shot mobs with their full action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have the stats for the Adeptus Titanicus volkite weapons? They aren't even in the newest book.