Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I like it when, during a title match, JR would say things like "the referee being lenient with the officiating here, he wants to see a winner as do we all" whenever a main event was getting rowdy and the wrestlers were sailing close to the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Red Shoes Unno lets so much poo poo pass, particularly in title matches, because nobody likes matches ending in a DQ

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Yes, but what if they have a personality and suck, which is the problem with Hijo del Tirantes. I think he has botched a finish in the last 3 AAA PPVs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

One of the things I love about Aubrey, is when there's some serious move we've never seen before, she reacts to it as well. It really drives home the point that some serious poo poo has happened.

When the refs are passive to EVERYTHING that happens in the ring, that's more distracting than if they sell it.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Doesn't one of the lucha feds have two refs for a match specifically so one can be a bad guy?

Edit: do the people who dont want refs to have a personality also hate guest ref spots?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Quid posted:

Doesn't one of the lucha feds have two refs for a match specifically so one can be a bad guy?

Edit: do the people who dont want refs to have a personality also hate guest ref spots?

AAA had Tirantes doing rudo work with Hijo del Tirantes in some cage matches. The elder Tirantes was gleefully electrifying the cage while his son was trying to stop him.

Tirantes more recently has been tecnico and pulled his son out of a count for being too rudo. Pierro tends to be the tecnico ref, but is prone to missing things, which doesn't really matter because AAA only does countouts and DQs if they want to with absolutely no expectation of being internally consistent.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lamuella posted:

I just in general don't see why you would choose to absolutely exclude something that you can easily use to tell stories.

Considering how many of these people genuinely have no concept of in-ring storytelling? Probably a lot honestly

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
if you watch WWE refs now they stand completely still in one corner that the wrestlers are not planning to use and only move when a cover is happening and it's way more distracting to me than the stuff weirdos complain about

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What did AEW do slightly different than The Fed this week…

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Venomous posted:

Red Shoes Unno lets so much poo poo pass, particularly in title matches, because nobody likes matches ending in a DQ

It's nice of you to cover for his blatant incompetence like that.

Now Kenta Sato, that's a ref you can set you watch to

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There are definitely some referees who make matches worse by being too visible. Kyohei Wada, I'm looking at you (when I'd really rather be looking at the two guys in the match)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah, Wada needs to retire ASAP, he's already taken me out of too many main events. I assume All Japan have a third referee for the undercard that I just haven't heard the name of yet, but if not Nikkan Lee can ref the entire show. She's great

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 17, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Vandar posted:

I would much rather have referees who have character and personality than just a boring blank slate in the ring personally. It's fun when referees have their own traits and quirks and can really add to a show.

Surprise! He's still telling absolutely monster lies on twitter, where he has to post because he's been chased off of every other forum on the internet!

Is there more to the rovert saga in PSP than "blowhard rear end in a top hat who lied a lot and never sorted his poo poo out"?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kalensc posted:

Is there more to the rovert saga in PSP than "blowhard rear end in a top hat who lied a lot and never sorted his poo poo out"?

Honestly that pretty much covers it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

kalensc posted:

No, that pretty much about sums it up

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Everybody got sick of vagueposting at around the same time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

easy enough to ignore, but really brought the worst posters out of the woodwork.

anyway this take almost made me wreck a digital dragster:
https://twitter.com/IVPvideos/status/1526392869908627458

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it's a work

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1526393747486941184

edit: let's goooo

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1526382342897549312

Destroy My Sweater fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 17, 2022

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I bet it owns to be a super dumb Twitter guy who is just wrong all the time about everything and doesn't care and just keeps doing it. Unreal levels of confidence

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
normal, that's for sure

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

How do you figure out who is correct in a battle between Raj and Gareth

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Don't worry! Roman will fix everything!

https://twitter.com/JalenDavis4444/status/1526391250986971137?s=20&t=pWJG6YnwzW7oo4mnzJmp4w

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

these mfs have been fantasy booking naomi into the bloodline longer and harder than people were fantasy booking leyla hirsch into team taz

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Alaois posted:

these mfs have been fantasy booking naomi into the bloodline longer and harder than people were fantasy booking leyla hirsch into team taz

But have you realized that if Naomi is in the Bloodline, she'll become the WWE Women's Champion, which will make them even that much better than AEW?

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Even when WWE officially releases a statement, it's still bullshit to them because they live for this lovely jousting on twitter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Junkie still having that Jericho av when Chris looks great is hilarious to me

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I like Bryce, but sometimes he either improvises or does too much. Was at a show and the main event ended with the heel getting the pin via having their legs on the ropes. While the wrestlers were doing their thing in the ring, Bryce was going around asking the fans if he had been using the ropes. Nothing came of it and it was pointless cause someone else came out and challenged the heel to a match. It was just a thing to get himself over after the heel won.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
could he have just been, like, trying to pump up the crowd

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

flatluigi posted:

could he have just been, like, trying to pump up the crowd

No, he was doing it outside the ring, and only the side he was on at the time could see him. The crowd was going to go insane for the person who came out and challenged afterwards anyway. I feel like he was reacting to everyone yelling at him that the heel used the ropes, but he could have just shrugged his shoulders and been like "I didn't see it". I like Bryce 90% of the time and he usually tends to add to the matches that he refs. But every once and a while he's just trying too hard or improvises something and it doesn't work. Sometimes he's gotta just let the wrestlers do what they are going to do and let it play out instead of getting involved.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1526505844543725569

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The most intelligent fans who know no-one under 55 is over

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

you know what a proletarian artform like professional wrestling needs? Elitism and gatekeeping

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao at the sole retweet on that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

lmao at the sole retweet on that

Yikes

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pickering keeps using the NOAH English account to like anything positive about the product so randomers keeps popping up on my timeline, it's great

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYzLvVKNjVk

This guy is like a character out of a sketch show lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Venomous posted:

you know what a proletarian artform like professional wrestling needs? Elitism and gatekeeping

agreed

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYzLvVKNjVk

This guy is like a character out of a sketch show lmao

I love it for the effort and earnestness. Most of the other thread content creators are too cynical or downright toxic and hateful.

With the set and his posture and delivery, he's a bit of tinkering away from a Steve Brule or between Two Ferns -adjacent persona.

Also his motto at the end, "NOAH Noetic Nirvana", it's the cherry on top. Only bummer is the intended gatekeeping but whatever man let's rock out to the free-to-license EITS-lite tune.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 17, 2022

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

https://twitter.com/bainalan05/status/1526551405720395778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

UnsureFry.jpeg