Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Best of the Super Jr Night 2 May 17th
HM
DOUKI vs El Lindaman
- These two work really well together, great way to kick off the block

Wheeler Yuta vs Robbie Eagles
- Very well worked match, Eagles was the more impressive for me but Yuta got to show off some cool stuff including some sort of...standing heel hook from tombstone position?

Master Wato vs TJP
- This was good, Wato was a great foil to history's greatest monster TJP

El Desperado vs Titán
- Blew the main event of night 1 out of the water, very hard fought

Great show, B Block is full of killers after A Block stumbled out of the blocks on Sunday

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro A Homansu May 14th
HM
Moeka Haruhi and YuuRI vs AnCham and HARUKAZE
- Ancham rules, I appreciate whenever she drops into GanPro. Especially when she's able to carry Harukaze

Kouki Iwasaki and Shigehiro Irie vs REAL BLOOD (Mizuki Watase and Naoya Nomura)
- Not sure what the hell Nomura was thinking with his gear choice here, but beside that I really liked this match. Watase took most of the punishment from Irie and Iwasaki which allowed Nomura to get the hot tag, which is probably the best position for him at the moment since he hasn't worked a full time schedule in over 2 years. And god drat did Watase take some punishment

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A couple from WrestleMania Backlash on May 8:

HM: Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair
HM: Drew McIntyre, Randy Orton & Riddle vs. Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso & Roman Reigns

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: El Lindaman vs. DOUKI, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 2, 17/05
MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 2, 17/05
HM: El Desperado vs. Titan, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 2, 17/05

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Robbie Eagles, NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 2, 17/05

I'll Nth this. Really enjoyed the Robbie / Wheeler match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
29th April
NOAH Majestic N Innovation
Haoh vs Nioh

HM
29th April
Alejandro, Daisuke Harada & Junta Miyawaki vs Z-Brats (HYO, SB KENTo & Shun Skywalker)

HM
29th April
Alpha Wolf vs Dragon Bane vs Ninja Mack

HM
29th April
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title
Eita vs HAYATA

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MOTY
AEW Dark 5/17/22 Wheeler Yuta vs Josh Woods Pure Championship.

There will certainly be better matches done this year, but there aren't going to be all that many. Just a technical show case with an excellent story told through the match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

MOTY

There will certainly be better matches done this year, but there aren't going to be all that many. Just an technical show case with an excellent story told through the match.

HM for me. I think the lack of crowd energy hurt it but it was still extremely fun to watch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th May
Best of the Super Juniors 29 Night 1
BOSJ A Block
Alex Zayne vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Way exceeded my expectations but this was a lot of fun

HM
15th May
Best of the Super Juniors 29 Night 1
BOSJ A Block
Francesco Akira vs SHO

Look, I'm biased because I love Akira. But this was real good. Even if he did wrestle more like the babyface, which does mean I'm still curious as to how he deals with being the heel

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yeah agreed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

HM for me. I think the lack of crowd energy hurt it but it was still extremely fun to watch.

nth it was real good

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Anthony Henry & JD Drake vs. Briscoes, Warrior Wrestling 19, 2/12

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Defenestrategy posted:

MOTY

There will certainly be better matches done this year, but there aren't going to be all that many. Just a technical show case with an excellent story told through the match.

Yeah, go on, Nth. Just an absolute masterclass.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Various Stardom matches (I'm just copy/pasting the given date and location)

1.08.2022 Korakuen Hall
HM: Giulia and Thekla vs Starlight Kid and Ruaka

2.1.2022 Korakuen Hall
HM: Starlight Kid vs Natsupoi for the high speed title. Almost gave this MOTYC but there was an extended sequence outside the ring in the middle that I didn't care for. Otherwise this was insane

1.16.2022 Toyohashi
HM: Himeka and Maika vs Saya K. and Utami

1.29.2022 Nagoya Supreme Fight
HM: Utami and AZM vs Momo Watanabe and SLK. 4 of my favs so I had to check this one out. Absolutely fantastic stuff apart from the rest of those Oedo Tai assholes ruining everything.

1.29.2022 Nagoya Supreme Fight
MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs Giulia. I wasn't sure about this at first. There was some good mat wrestling at the start and then there was a period where they both did a bit of heelish offense and some wonky spots outside the ring (except for one, which was awesome). The last half of the match is insane. They killed each other dead 100 times. Definitely my favourite match from Jan but I've seen some of what's coming later so I don't think this will end up being my actual match of the year but definitely deserves to be in the convo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Takanori Ito vs Yu Iizuka - GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver. 25 (5/18)

So so loving good. Two of the best young guys out there right now. I think Iizuka is one of the best strikers out there right now. Told an excellent story of Ito getting frustrated with the younger man having an answer for all his stuff. Highly recommend.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So so loving good. Two of the best young guys out there right now. I think Iizuka is one of the best strikers out there right now. Told an excellent story of Ito getting frustrated with the younger man having an answer for all his stuff. Highly recommend.

Nth. First time seeing either of these dudes and they won me over quite quickly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

2nd. Loved it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Robbie Eagles, Wheeler Yuta & Titán vs El Desperado, DOUKI & Taka Michinoku NJPW BOSJ 18.05

B Block remains best block.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Robbie Eagles, Wheeler Yuta & Titán vs El Desperado, DOUKI & Taka Michinoku NJPW BOSJ 18.05

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Lol that Robbie and Yuta went straight to tagging together

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Francesco Akira NJPW BOSJ 18.05

Might be some hope for A Block after all. Probably the best match of the tournament so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Francesco Akira NJPW BOSJ 18.05

Might be some hope for A Block after all. Probably the best match of the tournament so far.

HM from me, but best match of the night (most fun was Taguchi/Ishimori), and I love seeing Hiromu getting to wrestle a fresh face.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Best of the Super Jr Night 3 May 18th
MOTYC
Hiromu Takahashi vs Francesco Akira
- Top tier junior violence, Akira showed out for his first New Japan main event

HM
Ace Austin vs Yoshinobu Kanemau
- Crowd really enjoys Ace, as do I

Ryusuke Taguchi vs Taiji Ishimori
- Gooch is a miracle worker, he made Ishimori care

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GLEAT G-PRO Wrestling Ver. 25 (5/18)

MOTYC
El Lindaman (c) vs Shigehiro Irie for the G-REX Championship

Absolutely loving insane match. Irie absolutely tried to murder Lindaman. Probably one of the best three matches I've seen this year. Lindaman is an absolute machine doing this match while he's doing a full BOSJ

HM
DASH Chisako vs. Michiko Miyagi
- Probably the most I've enjoyed a Miyagi match. Really worked well together and a sick finish

Hayato Tamura vs. Hirooki Goto
- Slow start but once they got into it, it got really good. Nice to see Goto looking motivated and throwing bombs with someone who could match him but Tamura was definitely the star of the match

60 Seconds (Tetsuya Izuchi, Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) vs. T-Hawk, Issei Onitsuka & Jack Cartwheel
- Cartwheel took about 5 seconds to get over with the Korakuen crowd. He won me over too by just looking so happy to be there. Some really great stuff between these two teams. Onitsuka is gonna be a star

Shingo Takagi & CIMA vs Bulk Orchestra (Ryuichi Kawakami & KAZMA Sakamoto)
- This was so much fun from start to finish. Shingo has great chemistry with Kawakami and CIMA was clearly enjoying teaming with Shingo again. Props to Nanae Takahashi for adding to the match by cracking up at Shingo throwing lariats at everyone

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 18, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC

Absolutely loving insane match. Irie absolutely tried to murder Lindaman. Probably one of the best three matches I've seen this year. Lindaman is an absolute machine doing this match while he's doing a full BOSJ

HM
- Probably the most I've enjoyed a Miyagi match. Really worked well together and a sick finish

- Slow start but once they got into it, it got really good. Nice to see Goto looking motivated and throwing bombs with someone who could match him but Tamura was definitely the star of the match

60 Seconds (Tetsuya Izuchi, Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) vs. T-Hawk, Issei Onitsuka & Jack Cartwheel
- Cartwheel took about 5 seconds to get over with the Korakuen crowd. He won me over too by just looking so happy to be there. Some really great stuff between these two teams. Onitsuka is gonna be a star

- This was so much fun from start to finish. Shingo has great chemistry with Kawakami and CIMA was clearly enjoying teaming with Shingo again. Props to Nanae Takahashi for adding to the match by cracking up at Shingo throwing lariats at everyone

Second all of this. Such a loving top to bottom delightful show. That main event was gnarly in all the best ways. Lindaman is really on one this year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth all these, but MOTYC Dash Chisako vs. Michiko Miyagi

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver.25 May 18th
MOTYC
El Lindaman (c) vs Shigehiro Irie - G-REX Championship
- Irie is a loving monster

Takanori Ito vs Yu Iizuka
- I'm more used to these guys doing the UWF matches so this was different than what I was expecting, but still a fantastic match between two great talents. Yu Iizuka is one of those young guys who are extremely my poo poo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC

HM

nth, hell of a show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
18th April
AEW Battle of the Belts II
ROH World Title
Jonathan Gresham vs Dalton Castle

Good match marred by a dead crowd sadly.

Not really sure why this show existed when this was the best thing on it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd May
Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Hot Free People 2022
UWA World Junior Heavyweight Title
Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs Kengo

HM
3rd May
Junkyard Tornado Tag Deathmatch
ERE (Kyu Mogami & Takayuki Ueki) vs Rina Yamashita & Takashi Sasaki

HM
3rd May
GENTARO & Masato Tanaka vs Kamui & Mammoth Sasaki

MOTYC
3rd May
Beauty Murder & Safety Pin Board Alpha Deathmatch
Jun Kasai vs Toshiyuki Sakuda

MOTYC
3rd May
No Canvas, Double Chimera Board Deathmatch
King of FREEDOM Title

Daisuke Masaoka vs Toru Sugiura

Jun Kasai is having a bonkers good year. Like Wrestler of the Year discussion good at 47 & after 3 months shy of 24 loving years of doing this insane poo poo and being every joshi wrestler's favourite wrestler. Somehow this was even better than the TakaTaichiMania tag Match. Sicker too obviously. Great near falls, stomach churning favourite spots like the skewer, safety pin board must have been a bastard to set up and even worse to bump on, this was Deathmatch Wrestling. Love my Crazy Monkey, love my Psychopath Boy.

Main event is also brutal & great while not quite hitting the levels of the Kasai match. That said, Masaoka has been a terrific champ.

https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456248605?list=d46b9c4988a20cc829&from=wall-4499945_21638

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Hangman Adam Page vs. Konosuke Takeshita - AEW Dynamite 5/18

Love that a wider audience got to see how loving good Soup Boy is, and he and Page had an absolute banger in front of a hot crowd. Beautiful stuff.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
AEW Dynamite May 18

HM: Samoa Joe v Mystery Challenger Johnny Elite
MOTY: Hangman v Takeshita

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

THIS loving RULED

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Love that a wider audience got to see how loving good Soup Boy is, and he and Page had an absolute banger in front of a hot crowd. Beautiful stuff.

Nth. wow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flatluigi posted:

AEW Dynamite May 18

HM: Samoa Joe v Mystery Challenger Johnny Elite

Seconding, I really liked this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Dango Bango posted:

THIS loving RULED

nth

really excellent television wrestling

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah. Takeshita is really good. They should cut his intro from his theme though

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

THIS loving RULED

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

flatluigi posted: