Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
BUT WHY
May 23, 2006

And that marked the end of ALILBTDII for over 5 and a half years! There're 2 comics left, both of which are really good but one of which (the next one) is pretty much the magnum opus of this webcomic series. Will be cool to showcase it to all those here who haven't read it yet!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh man, Cat and Girl. I remember procrastinating in university reading through those archives - it's not exactly laugh out loud funny and in fact it's often a bit of a downer, but I just kept clicking that next comic button even though I should have been finishing the essay due that afternoon.

I went back for a look and picked out a couple I remember from those days.

"When men were men and women died in childbirth", oh boy.

I remember this one moved me a fair bit.

Hey, no one's posted this character yet: meet Bad Decision Dinosaur.

This one got a nasty laugh out of me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Tree Bucket posted:

You've missed some good ones

Imagine how strong the Medicis would have been if they would have had access to capitalism!

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Sliding tile puzzles really are the worst

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

To the other comic creators in the thread, what does your process look like normally? I tend to do multiple passes over the story, like I start with a mindmap for a chunk of my writing, basically one "act" of whatever arc I'm doing like this.

I also have bigger maps for the overall story, because I wanted to know how it would end before I started, so I had a goal in mind as I moved forward. It's basically mindmaps within mindmaps within mindmaps. Mindception.

Then I'll write a script, with some loose descriptions of what's going on (ignore the weird number scene, it's a legacy thing from when I did choices, I would write ahead a little bit for each choice.

Then when the script is done, I start making the pages one at a time. What does your creative process look like?

What tool is that?

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

cunny booger

You know Lazarus's politics

Obviously the animal world has co-opted the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights as its own

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

fondue posted:

What tool is that?

100% Free and open source tool called https://obsidian.md/ Obsidian, it's insanely useful.

It's got goofy stuff, like web view to see who is connected to what and how.

Useful stuff, like searching, auto complete, and being able to click auto-completed terms to go to their note page.

and a bunch of plugins that you can use to customize it however you want, what you're seeing there is the "markmind" plugin. But Mind Map and Enhancing Mindmap are 100% free.

I adore it and even better I found themes, so I can make my notes color coded in a way that works with my Tritanopia. I recommend anyone who writes and also takes notes to use it. It costs nothing, and has more features than you need in a text editor. It even works with the pandoc library, meaning you can export your notes as .doc .odt .rtf .pdf .epub any format that you need. If that's not enough it can embed images as well.

You can also have it sync with dropbox, google drive, sync thing or their paid service so that you have cloud access to your files.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 09:16 on May 17, 2022

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Imagine how strong the Medicis would have been if they would have had access to capitalism!
That's nothing compared to the trouble Ea-Nasir could have gotten up to if he'd had access to a robust system of banking, crosscontinent trade, grain futures, and a legal system for contract disputes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wouldn't that have cut down on the amount of trouble significantly, as he would have been sued for providing substandard copper

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Sliding tile puzzles really are the worst

I just move poo poo around at random until it announces I'm done.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Cat alarm

Great!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Looks like they're going to Amalienborg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

151. Bucket

152. Buddhas

153. Now she does

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Oh Christ okay she's getting a drat brain chip

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

It's great how the thing people commented on where Aisha is only slightly smarter than proto-Ulf still stands. But hey, they figured it out!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

• I'm in this picture, and I'm fine with it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are you the orb, or the thing creating the faint yellow glow?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Concerned: The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman

Panel 4: Behind Michelle's huge word-bubble are a bunch of explosive barrels. I waste a lot of time posing props only to cover them with word-bubbles later. I generally will have all the text written out on paper, in a crude comic grid, so I have some idea of how much space the word bubble will need, but I still foolishly wind up posing things that are never seen.

When I wrote these comics, I'd been calling the woman "Michelle." Then I decided to make her name a reference to one of the actresses who did voice-over work for the game, so I looked up the name of the woman who voiced Judith Mossman. Her name is, in fact, Michelle Forbes. So, that worked out.

In the game, these Combine soldiers are apparently humans who have been surgically altered in a facility known as Nova Prospekt.

Posing Notes: Once again, the word bubble in Panel 1 is covering about 900 zillion more barrels on a walkway. I blew this scene up when I was done with it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 3: Silver Bullet
Chapter 28: High Heels

And with that we've hit 500 pages :toot:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol

Somehow I never remember to read Nancy, even though it's pretty great most of the time.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

It's been cool seeing a sort of Best Of Cat And Girl in this thread. Checking the archive, it seems like it's updated with rediculous consistency for all these 24 years.

I think I'm going to drop just one more batch of super-recent ones, since I prepared it yesterday.

A common trope in Cat and Girl is characters having two or three parallel monologues that bounce off each other, instead of actually talking to each other.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

That's fantastic. Got an actual laugh out of me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

I do appreciate that the random kid with heavy protagonist energy does not get to pilot the insanely complex flying car with no autopilot. Probably a good call. Also a reminder that Camera 9 is a consummate professional and a dispirited former wartime correspondent; he knows his role.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sometimes you stumble across some poo poo and just have to post it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Cartoon Man posted:

You really don't though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Qwezz
Dec 19, 2010

I'm feeling some good vibrations!

Josef bugman posted:

You really don't though.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Belzebubs

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
The art is decent, but I'm just waiting for something uncomfortably horny to happen.

tired gay and dead
Apr 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mr. Sunshine posted:

The art is decent, but I'm just waiting for something uncomfortably horny to happen.

Did you miss the second panel and most of the other ones

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Now do one about playing Dark Souls as Crossbreed Priscilla

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Somebody's gonna gently caress that dragon, aren't they

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cartoon Man posted:

Two things:

1. Is part of the joke that nobody is aware that the busty lady is in fact a giant dragon?

2. I legit laughed at the reveal of the sister.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I reluctantly admit that I am also curious what happens next in the horny Skyrim fanfic :geno:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

Fun Shoe

tired gay and dead posted:

Did you miss the second panel and most of the other ones

Something even more uncomfortably horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

huge titted draugr