Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly I'm mainly shocked at him being mildly critical of WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's bullshit as well, because that wasn't Seth Rollins who had that illustrious career in the indies, that was Tyler Black, who mysteriously and seemingly coincidentally disappeared off the face of the Earth when Seth Rollins signed to WWE

now, do I want to see Tyler Black returning to the indies? gently caress no, there were better movez guys on the indies back then and there are far better movez guys on the indies now lmao

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol at Booker T "Cody is 2-0 heading into the rubber match"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

lol at Booker T "Cody is 2-0 heading into the rubber match"

I was just going to comment on that. Not only does he talk out of his rear end about Seth "having it easy", but he doesn't understand this basic concept either. What a dope.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Seth should control his narrative.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
lol that the second generation guy who started in WWE is like the only one whose career outside of it can be acknowledged and especially when he's feuding with a legit from-nothing indie guy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol that the second generation guy who started in WWE is like the only one whose career outside of it can be acknowledged and especially when he's feuding with a legit from-nothing indie guy

I dunno, Voices of Wrestling mentioned in their Backlash review that Corey Graves said on commentary that Cody might be rusty from 6 years since being in a WWE ring lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It did remind me about the build to WM where people chanted "CODY" and Becky claimed they were chanting "COLBY" (Seth's shoot name, presumably what's on their marriage licence) to support him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I thought they were explicitly not acknowledging Cody's time away, and acting like he took a six-year vacation.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They walked that back slightly I think by saying it was just 6 years since he’d been in a WWE ring, so a little more wink wink nudge nudge than outright denying reality.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Some pretty good quotes from Paul London in this: https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1526565795467300865

Got a real laugh out loud from me at the very end, just buttons things up so beautifully.

On being agented by Dean Malenko:

quote:

See, I feel like the agents — it’s weird. Rarely would you have agents that were really mega-over as stars themselves, I think with the exception of Ricky Steamboat, who I thought was an awesome agent. He was great, he was great because he knew what it took to get over and he knew how to simplify the instruction or the advice and he wouldn’t use him agenting your match — he wouldn’t use it as an opportunity to put himself over. You know, I think Dean Malenko is probably the most notorious of that and mind you, Dean was a fabulous technician and a great wrestler. But he wasn’t the most charismatic and he wasn’t, you know — he either did it for you or he didn’t, you know? So you’d either change the channel or you’d watch his match and try to learn something. But any time he was your agent, he would — I mean it was just a given that he would tell you, ‘Well you know what Rey and I used to do… Well you know what Rey and I used to do…’ It was like, ‘Okay. Well we’re not you or Rey.’ Pull your head out of your rear end and pay attention to this match and into what we’re trying to do. ‘You know what Rey and I used to do…’ It’s like, God, and the thing with Dean was — so like I mentioned that I think a lot of these agents at the time and I certainly don’t know who they have up there now but, I feel they were guys that they approached — again, with the exception of Ricky Steamboat and possibly a couple of other guys who I can’t think of at the moment but, you had guys that were just happy to get another opportunity whether it was a job or this or that so of course they would kiss rear end and of course they’d be ‘yes men’ because they didn’t wanna jeopardize their work opportunities or their opportunity to make a living and so, you know, very rarely would an agent fight for you or stand up for you. If anything, they’d throw you under the bus and tell the office that, ‘Well we tried to tell him.’ No you didn’t.

On dealing with Dean & Vince after being told not to do any top-rope moves:

quote:

The worst experience I had [dealing with an agent] was with Dean [Malenko] because Dean and I got along really well. You know, I think he always liked the cruiserweight guys and he had something — he was always in their corner for the most part, but then there was a time when [Billy] Kidman had recently been let go and I thought, here’s the green light for me to start doing this Shooting Star [Press] that I can do better than him and probably better than anybody at the time. So I was like, great, this is gonna help me get over even more or whatever. So I did it on like one ‘Velocity’ onto Nunzio. I remember it was I think in Buffalo and the crowd popped huge and they exploded and I get to the ramp and I get into the Gorilla and of course, Dean was my agent. I get into the Gorilla and I think it was Jerry Brisco who’s back there who was like, ‘This is coming from Vince: No more 450’ and I looked at Dean and I was like, ‘All right. That wasn’t a 450.’ ‘Well whatever it was, you can’t do it anymore. No more off the top for you,’ and I looked at Dean, I was like, ‘What the f*ck?’ You know? And Dean looks at me and he goes, ‘Let’s go. Let’s take care of this right now. Let’s go talk to Vince right now.’ So we power-walked from Gorilla past the big monitor. Everyone was standing, clapping because this was — you don’t really get a standing ovation from the boys for a ‘Velocity’ match, you know? But like, I was busting sh*t out and I had walked past, everyone was giving me a standing ovation. We’re walking past, I’m like, ‘Okay, yeah, thanks.’ I couldn’t even acknowledge it because I was so pissed off and we’re walking down the hallway and right as we get into Vince’s office, Dean stops and he looks at me and he goes, ‘Let me handle this. I got this’ and I was like, ‘All right. You’re the agent’ and we walk in and I kid you not, in under a minute, he — you know, we go in and he looks at Vince [McMahon] and he goes, ‘Excuse me sir, what is this you don’t want him — no more top rope moves or something?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, no more off the top!’ And Dean just goes, ‘Okay’ and he just walks out [London laughed]. Like just walks out. The tail was not only in between his legs, it was up his rear end and he just leaves me there and so, of course I’m not just, you know, do the same thing and be like, ‘Okay,’ you know? I was like, well f*ck it. If he’s not gonna fight for me, I’m gonna fight for myself and I’m just gonna — and very diplomatically. I wasn’t like, ‘Well this is bullsh*t!’ You know? Apparently, I had this reputation that I had an attitude problem when I worked there and I was whatever and I don’t really know where that comes from unless it’s being said by somebody who works in the office there now — Bruce Prichard — and it’s like I wasn’t difficult or I didn’t have an attitude, I just gave a f*ck. I gave a f*ck about my work, I cared about it. I had known what I had sacrificed just to even be in the locker room at my size so like, forgive me for giving a f*ck about myself and having confidence. Oh, God forbid, you know, so of course I was gonna stand up for myself and I was like, ‘Excuse me sir, I just don’t understand where you’re coming from with this’ and he was like, ‘Oh, well you know, I don’t want guys getting hurt and going off the top and everyone’s gonna get hurt’ and I said, ‘No, I don’t understand. This is my move. This is my finisher and nobody else was gonna do it, plus did you see the reaction? The people liked it, they popped.’ He was like, ‘It’s not about what the people like!’ I swear to God and I was just like, this is crazy land. He goes, ‘It’s not about what the people want. You know, it’s about guys getting hurt.’ I said, ‘Well, nobody’s gonna get hurt because I do it better than anybody and nobody’s gonna do this move because it’s my finisher’ and he looked me dead in the eyes and he goes, ‘Oh, so you want us to make an exception for you?’ I was like, ‘That’s kind of what finishers are you dumb f*ck.’

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So Dean isn’t that great then

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

hope Tony sees that & fires him

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me. Nothing cancellable in there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

for all we know he works differently now

or that's just one side of the story and paul london was actually hard to work with

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i can't believe dean didn't sacrifice his job to go to bat for paul london :nallears:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

hope Tony sees that & fires him

to be clear you want a person to lose their job because they maybe were a sub-par agent and didn't stand up to their boss once according to one dude in a shoot interview?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1526575395440676871

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Critical posted:

to be clear you want a person to lose their job because they maybe were a sub-par agent and didn't stand up to their boss once according to one dude in a shoot interview?

yea

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Critical posted:

And now they want you to lose your job for daring to question it

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i used the ampersand so you know i'm serious

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i used the ampersand so you know i'm serious

tbf this entire forum is a case study on poe's law at this point

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Critical posted:

tbf this entire forum is a case study on poe's law at this point

to a select few, perhaps.....

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think Dean Malenko should lose his job for wimping out of yelling at Vince McMahon, but also his life.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Stinko Malenko fails again. Just widening the enormous gulf between him and Y2J

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ciclope would have stood up to Vince

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Dean was just still forever grateful to Vince for the Ladies man gimmick.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ganso Bomb posted:

Some pretty good quotes from Paul London in this: https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1526565795467300865

Got a real laugh out loud from me at the very end, just buttons things up so beautifully.

On being agented by Dean Malenko:

On dealing with Dean & Vince after being told not to do any top-rope moves:

Entirely checks out. People get a rep for being awkward to work with for taking pride in their work. It's the same poo poo that happened with PAC. Or Sasha. Liking professional wrestling is a black mark in that company.

It's not a surprise Malenko wouldn't go to bat for him but it is lovely if he said he would and did basically nothing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Sounds like Paul London has an attitude problem!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Paul London also claimed in a Highspots video that every person who ever got a push in WWE had to have sex with Vince on a bear skin rug. Shane Douglas is also on the video. There's also apparently a second volume with Raven.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want what this person is saying, and I want paul london to be arrested for his serious allegations about the bear skin rug

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Let’s kill Dean

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

didn’t read either of those long (boring!!!??) quotes so hopefully whatever was in them was worthy of him being killed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Doesn’t seem like that big of a deal to me. Nothing cancellable in there.

You’re wrong

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A few years ago Paul London decided to fly home in the middle of an indie tour without telling anyone, and no-showed a whole string of tiny little britwres nowhere promotions which upset people.

I saw him at one of the shows he actually turned up for first though so I didn’t care that much, he sang his theme song on the way to the ring.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

So Dean isn’t that great then

Dean rules and was in an unwinnable situation. Do I tell my insane boss that he's wrong and risk losing my job or, at the bare minimum, get made a fool of by telling him that the high flying guy should be able to high fly or do I crumble and tell the high flying guy not to high fly and we both keep our jobs but he doesn't get to jump off of the top rope? Both scenarios suck, but everyone in WWE seems to operate on a survival basis because they work for a deranged monster so sometimes you have to pick your battles. Paul London is also 100% right.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1526605270616625154?s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1526610283745116160

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
FTR are good dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TIL that Matt Cardona played a big part in convincing Cody to go back to WWE, which might be the funniest thing he’s ever been a part of and I say that as someone who generally likes him.