Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm case anyone was curious, here's the Double Masters 2 CE pack

Features & details

4 Double Masters 2022 MTG Collector Boosters

15 Magic cards + 1 foil token in each booster

6 Borderless cards in every pack—Textured Foil Borderless card in 3% of boosters

1 Foil-Etched + 10–11 Traditional Foil cards in every pack

4 cards of rarity Rare or higher in every pack

Vvv It was 10 full art regular lands, 2 foil full art lands, 8 foil uncommon, 9 foil commons, 2 foil rares or better and 2 foil boxtoppers.
The collector packs seem to have a higher volatility than the VIPs. 4 rares or higher that aren't guaranteed to be foil or borderless or both. You could open 4x regular rares in a $60 booster pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

th3t00t posted:

The collector packs seem to have a higher volatility than the VIPs. 4 rares or higher that aren't guaranteed to be foil or borderless or both. You could open 4x regular rares in a $60 booster pack.

Every card in collector packs is foil, showcase or borderless. This will be no different.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

dragon enthusiast posted:

what's the deal with the "Marathon Epilogue" set on the schedule

Someone asked this on Mark Rosewater's blog

quote:

Q: For the next Magic year starting from Dominaria United, are there gonna be 4 premier sets as usual? (specifically curious because of "Marathon Epilogue")

Yes, four premier sets as usual.

Here’s what I can say about Marathon Epilogue (and it’s not much):

* it’s a new thing

* there isn’t a current product to compare it to

* it’s tied to Marathon

And there's an announcement stream in August that'll likely go over the 2023 schedule.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've always wanted to have a physical copy of one of my favorite terrible magic cards, Wood Elemental

even a near mint one like this is very cheap, which is nice, made picking it up as a gag purchase more manageable :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/LJm893T951w

Prof wants collector boosters to be draftable, purely showcase frames, and or alt arts, The List cards in it in like new art/frames.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jiro posted:

https://youtu.be/LJm893T951w

Prof wants collector boosters to be draftable, purely showcase frames, and or alt arts, The List cards in it in like new art/frames.

What the hell happened to that dude he looks like he was in a car accident?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's funny that they banned Winota in Explorer when Greasefang combo is easily, if not more obnoxious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Toshimo posted:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Captain Invictus posted:

I've always wanted to have a physical copy of one of my favorite terrible magic cards, Wood Elemental

even a near mint one like this is very cheap, which is nice, made picking it up as a gag purchase more manageable :v:

it's really great art!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's funny that they banned Winota in Explorer when Greasefang combo is easily, if not more obnoxious.
Ya idk about power level but I’d much rather play against Winota than GF.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Toshimo posted:

Heh.

Turn on your monitor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

it's really great art!
completely unbefitting the card it's on!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Mega late to Mountain goats chat but if you are made of iron or are ever too happy somehow I def recommend the song "No Children" and don't say I didn't warn you.

Also missing the boat on ledger shredder sure was fun! I pulled one from a pack and I'm not looking forward the the bill for the other 3. The dive down had a really excellent segment that boiled down to "how did we miss this" that was really excellent imo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If Greasefang is great in Explorer than I know what I'm doing next.

gently caress yeah biker Nezumis.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

If Greasefang is great in Explorer than I know what I'm doing next.

gently caress yeah biker Nezumis.

Greasefang is great in explorer, provided that greasefang isn't shy in your deck. There are 4x of her in the deck, and you've got a ton of ways to churn through your deck, but sometimes you just don't see the card in the top 30, while having a parhelion (or two) in the bin waiting smash your opponent.

Deck is still very good, and t3 grease into P-II is usually a done deal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Greasefang is great in explorer, provided that greasefang isn't shy in your deck. There are 4x of her in the deck, and you've got a ton of ways to churn through your deck, but sometimes you just don't see the card in the top 30, while having a parhelion (or two) in the bin waiting smash your opponent.

Deck is still very good, and t3 grease into P-II is usually a done deal.

Well there'S my problem: no Parhelions, only one Greasefang, no wildcards.

I got a B/W Okiba deck in standard, love these guys.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Prof's new venture in to having face to face games over the wide spectrum of formats is premiering today...........and the first match isn't Commander! It's Pioneer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX3vu9rWUj8

In 30 minutes to be precise.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
My stepdad and I have been working on a card catalog style cabinet for my cards. It's gonna have another level so 32 drawers total be like six cubic feet and should be able to hold 80k or so singles. Exterior will be in cherry and I'm super excited not to keep them unsorted in longboxes and old prerelease boxes in my closet!

I'll keep y'all updated!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

My stepdad and I have been working on a card catalog style cabinet for my cards. It's gonna have another level so 32 drawers total be like six cubic feet and should be able to hold 80k or so singles. Exterior will be in cherry and I'm super excited not to keep them unsorted in longboxes and old prerelease boxes in my closet!

I'll keep y'all updated!

Sick. You're keeping them in longboxes in those cubbies or are you going to have drawers?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Felt lined drawers :3:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'll keep y'all updated!

sick!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

That's gonna be so pretty when it's done. Can you show off the drawers too when you get to them?

If vintage card catalogs didn't cost thousands of dollars and weigh a ton, I'd get one for my cards.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

Prof's new venture in to having face to face games over the wide spectrum of formats is premiering today...........and the first match isn't Commander! It's Pioneer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX3vu9rWUj8

In 30 minutes to be precise.

Not my cup of tea. The attention to gameplay details was fine, but there was way too much focus on exaggerated banter which made it go way too slowly.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
drat i kind of need that sort of thing for my own collection ngl

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Looking through the cards I impulse purchased during the Pandemic and wondering what kind of deck to build. I got a Greasefang so I could go vehicles. I got Ziatora so maybe Riveteers. Maybe Samurai or Ninja.

I also got Tamiyo Compleated, not sure what to do with that one. Oh, and the Kami War.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wow, I just learned that Corrupt Court Official is a reprint all the way from Portal Three Kingdoms...

Have they done any other super deep cuts like this

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow, I just learned that Corrupt Court Official is a reprint all the way from Portal Three Kingdoms...

Strategic Planning was also from PTK initially before it showed up in HOU, the first case of a deep cut like that I can remember.

Stalking Tiger is also from something called welcome deck 2017, which is like double deep.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

theres never been a better time to do another Three Kingdoms set. many people are saying this

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Varinn posted:

theres never been a better time to do another Three Kingdoms set. many people are saying this

Did someone say Ya Boy Kongming secret lair?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Varinn posted:

"Whenever a creature blocks Lu Bu its controller loses the game."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Stalking Tiger is also from something called welcome deck 2017, which is like double deep.

Huh? Stalking Tiger is originally from Mirage.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Scryfall lists the P3K version as 30 dollars and the SNC version as 1 cent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah apparently the three kingdoms cards in english are obscenely rare compared to other magic sets, I think they were only sold in a few markets in asia?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah apparently the three kingdoms cards in english are obscenely rare compared to other magic sets, I think they were only sold in a few markets in asia?

My commander decks are certainly hoping for an imperial seal reprint in double masters 2.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Pacific, they were sold in Australia and New Zealand. The Australia and NZ printings are the super rare ones since they were printed in English.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Greasefang sure is a card

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ok, here's what I'm gonna do: a janky casual 5-Color Spirit deck. I got Kami War, I got a bunch of spirits, I also have an old Spirit/Arcane deck from way back when that a friend from college upgraded a few years ago. 4 Thief of Hope, let's go.

Koirhor posted:

Greasefang sure is a card

Love her. Been thinking of unmaking the Precon Vehicle Commander deck to remake it as a Greasefang Commander deck.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 17, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I just don't associate Take the Initiative with going into another Dungeon at all. Flavor miss for me. They should have found some other term to say you could venture into the Commander-scaled dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Volo has off the top of my head 7 published Guides and 0 Journals IRL. 0/10, Wizards.