Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jackie Fox was on Jeopardy and just casually dropped "I was in The Runaways" as her contestant story on, like, her 3rd or 4th game (though she had a traumatic time in the group so I understand her wanting to downplay it).

edit: Alex's discussion of it was pretty funny. "You were in an all-girl rock band?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptIb8yiy5gI

wa27 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MokBa posted:

I like how they just casually have the author of The 100 as a regular contestant.

I haven't watched any this week yet (because Mayim), but they had someone on last week who wrote a high fantasy novel, didn't they? Isn't she the person who beat Matea? Or are they the same person? (I have no idea what The 100 is, beyond that it was adapted into a TV show. But I didn't think it was high fantasy, so I assume it's two different people.)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah that's wild -- gotta be the most famous person to ever be on regular-person Jeopardy, no? They really undersold how insanely successful she is, which was kinda funny

They had a dude who made the crosswords for a major newspaper and everyone was like “oh poo poo he’s gonna on a big run.”

Until our local SA champion kicked his teeth out with some killer knowledge on Africa in final jeopardy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

wa27 posted:

Jackie Fox was on Jeopardy and just casually dropped "I was in The Runaways" as her contestant story on, like, her 3rd or 4th game (though she had a traumatic time in the group so I understand her wanting to downplay it).

edit: Alex's discussion of it was pretty funny. "You were in an all-girl rock band?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptIb8yiy5gI

Jackie was so so fun and I'm still sad she had some illness or vertigo show up in her last game that kept her from potentially making a long run.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah that's wild -- gotta be the most famous person to ever be on regular-person Jeopardy, no? They really undersold how insanely successful she is, which was kinda funny

The most famous is still a pre-Vietnam John McCain in 1965. Kind of hard to top that one.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Jackie was robbed* of her ToC spot, to boot

*by a series of unfortunate events, not necessarily anything nefarious

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I've been thinking about this a lot and "Single Jeopardy" is correct nomenclature for the Jeopardy round unless you call it "the Jeopardy round" because otherwise Jeopardy" is ambiguous and may mean single jeopardy/the jeopardy round or the show as a whole.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Harold Fjord posted:

I've been thinking about this a lot and "Single Jeopardy" is correct nomenclature for the Jeopardy round unless you call it "the Jeopardy round" because otherwise Jeopardy" is ambiguous and may mean single jeopardy/the jeopardy round or the show as a whole.

Wtf don’t you dare try and put Mayim in a good light.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Harold Fjord posted:

Get out of here Mayim

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

christmas boots posted:

Get out of here Mayim

That's correct

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Orzo posted:

That's correct, Mayim Bialik.

ftfy

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
lol

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only time Art Flemming mentioned the context of rounds was when he was talking about the time's up bell. Otherwise he'd just start each segment saying "let's play (double) jeopardy."
\

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

"Your honor, yes we're trying this person for the same charges twice but it's okay because we didn't call it 'first jeopardy" during the initial trial."

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Orzo posted:

That's correct

needs more shoulder wag

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Orzo posted:

That's correct, Maxim Bialik.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

She looks like a tweaker when she does that.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey so as somebody who is ready to have his heart broken yet again, is there anything really different about the process for the anytime test? Just do it, and they call you if'n you do well enough and get past the blind draw?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hey so as somebody who is ready to have his heart broken yet again, is there anything really different about the process for the anytime test? Just do it, and they call you if'n you do well enough and get past the blind draw?

Yeah, it’s this. I did it during the day a few weeks ago when they let anyone try and got my zoom invite for an audition I wasn’telignle for about a week later.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Mayim's sitcom just got renewed for a 3rd season. Dare I have hope?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How does that dumpster fire of a show keep getting renewed? :allears:

Sony will drag out the co-hosting for another year, I bet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zesty posted:

How does that dumpster fire of a show keep getting renewed? :allears:

Sony will drag out the co-hosting for another year, I bet.

I honestly don't care, it can get 6 seasons and movie for all I care, if it keeps her off of Jeopardy full time.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Mosstly moot but now confirmed, Call Me Kat renewed

https://deadline.com/2022/05/call-me-kat-renewed-season-3-fox-1235023614/

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well guess what

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1526608606493278208

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
pleasepleaseplease hire her to do that stupid poo poo and let Ken do the real shows.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Just bring back Rock And Roll Jeopardy instead. I don't need to watch celebrities prove they don't know things.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HookShot posted:

pleasepleaseplease hire her to do that stupid poo poo and let Ken do the real shows.

:emptyquote:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I haven't seen a celebrity on J! for so long.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mike Richards going for a hail mary

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

lol the actual news story is that there is no host listed yet for the show.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Ken should host regular Jeopardy and Will Ferrell should host Celebrity.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why didn't Jeff Probst get a shot while they were doing the host roundup???

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Because the host roundup was a lie to get Mike Richards the job.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Probst actually has charisma so he wouldn't be on the list when the scam was just giving Mike the job.

Also Survivor is still going super strong.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Who knew Survivor would be the show to ouwit, outplay and outlast all of us.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's interesting how Claire McNear's reporting both exposed and created a gong show regarding the host search. Exposing the fact that Richards wanted to rig the search in gis favor and simultaneously showing the ineptitude of CBS and Sony to correct flaws in hiring a host with another day job.

If Ken gets the full time regular gig and Mayim gets the prime time events, that might work as a compromise. I highly doubt that'll be the plan once her show ends though.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Everyone seems so sleepy when Mayim is hosting.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mayim is actually a little better with the pregnant pauses tonight, but her chirpiness and jerkiness are irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

every time she holds some stupid long pause after a contestant guess i genuinely yell at the tv. not as loud as all these completely cucked 2k daily double bets though, how has NO ONE learned from james after the last few years? just go big! who cares?????