Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SlimGoodbody posted:

Where did you suppose Theater Adults came from?

I figured that they'd grow out of it because i was sure theater productions were more wrangling a bunch of creative weirdos, but nope, all weirdos all the way down. There's probably a good reason I do not enjoy broadway musicals in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is this the show where Harvey Dent has a kid named Dualla Dent?

Not as far as I know. Though Dualla Dent is a figure in the comics for years.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My brain keeps wanting to read Dualla Dent and "Dualla Duck"

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

twistedmentat posted:

My brain keeps wanting to read Dualla Dent and "Dualla Duck"

Does Dualla Dent also abandon her kids with relatives because they shoved fireworks up her husband's anus?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Happitoo posted:

Does Dualla Dent also abandon her kids with relatives because they shoved fireworks up her husband's anus?
What the hell is going on in batman comics these days

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Or Donald Duck comics for that matter?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Duella Dent's deal is claiming to be the daughter of all sorts of Batman villains, right? She's not just Two-Face 2, she was introduced as the Joker's daughter and has also been Penguin, Riddler, and Scarecrow's daughter?

Or wait did she get fully redone by New 52?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Happitoo posted:

Nah, she abandoned them by stealing her uncle's rocketship after she and her brother were abandoned by their parents with their uncle. Keeping up a family tradition

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
M.O.D.O.K is officially cancelled.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I forgot that show even happened

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

theironjef posted:

Duella Dent's deal is claiming to be the daughter of all sorts of Batman villains, right? She's not just Two-Face 2, she was introduced as the Joker's daughter and has also been Penguin, Riddler, and Scarecrow's daughter?

Or wait did she get fully redone by New 52?

I think originally she was just a crazy lady who claimed to be the daughter of various villains. Then she was made into the actual Daughter of Harvey Dent, but from a different universe where he was not evil. I think as of new 52 she's just a crazy lady and is not related to Two-Face.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 14, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didio intended her to be the next Harley Quinn when she was reintroduced in the New 52.

But then nobody cared and it fizzled out l almost immediately.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

MonsterEnvy posted:

I originally she was just a crazy lady who claimed to be the daughter of various villains. Then she was made into the actual Daughter of Harvey Dent, but from a different universe where he was not evil.
Not gonna lie, I how much this sort of thing is going to happen in the MCU/DCMurderverse movies and tv shows to come

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
If I remember my comic books Cullen's whole shtick is to say "Harper, where are you going?" Every time Harper left the house. That's the character.

Anyway I heard Naomi has been cancelled. I haven't seen the show but maybe Bendis can pull his weight and have her appear in every DC show and movie now

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like we're getting a better look at the Sandman show during Netflix's "Geeked Week" which is June 6th-10th. Also saw an interview where Gaiman talked about how he went through all the scripts to make sure Morpheus' dialogue stayed true to the character.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1526652138755174401?s=20&t=Z16M_gWRsSNK0HnMcnF1cQ

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
She-Hulk trailer's up and it looks pretty much exactly like you'd expect it to. The trials and tribulations of a 7ft tall lawyer dealing with a terrible 30something dating pool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gim2kprjL50

Some of the CGI isn't looking too hot, so hopefully that's still getting worked on. Otherwise it seems like they're carrying Jen's personality over pretty well.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 17, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of disappointed they're not using the She/Hulk name which I thought was kind of clever. She Hulk Attorney at Law is kind of bland.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Whatever.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Gonna be very honest that that was 1:47 of pure cringe.

Really hoping that Tatiana Maslany will save the actual episodes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looks pretty good, but her face is super cartoony

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

We are at 1 and a half good disney+ marvel shows? I'm going to take the bet this will be bad

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Mr Hootington posted:

We are at 1 and a half good disney+ marvel shows? I'm going to take the bet this will be bad

But what if the Juggernaut turns up?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I may be telling on myself but I wish She Hulk was just a little bit more muscular.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gim2kprjL50

Some of the CGI isn't looking too hot, so hopefully that's still getting worked on. Otherwise it seems like they're carrying Jen's personality over pretty well.

Yeah that CGI for her looks really rough, specifically. Kept making me think of Shrek. I hope it'll have enough time to cook before the series goes out.

The trailer also seemed a little aimless, in that I'm not sure at all what the premise is or what kind of tone to expect. I'm still ready to give it a shot though.

Can someone tell me who the green Power Ranger-ish dude was and the woman who busted through the wall?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr Hootington posted:

What are we qualifying here? Because I'd say Loki and Hawkeye were both full good.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

Can someone tell me who the green Power Ranger-ish dude was and the woman who busted through the wall?

Motherfucking Frog-Man and Titania.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

What are we qualifying here? Because I'd say Loki and Hawkeye were both full good.

I forgot about Hawkeye lol

So 2 and a half out of 5. The half is the scrapping together of the zemo, Christie, and harrow.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Joe Fisto posted:

Motherfucking Frog-Man and Titania.

Thank you.

Also it did not register to me at all that was Tim Roth. drat he got old. And I guess he's able to transform out of being Abomination. And I guess he's being detained again.

I have many questions.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jamesman posted:

Thank you.

Also it did not register to me at all that was Tim Roth. drat he got old. And I guess he's able to transform out of being Abomination. And I guess he's being detained again.

I have many questions.
Wong busts him out so they can go throw illegal underground fights and then puts him back in his cell.

I hope that wasn't the final CGI because it was very Uncanny Valley, but adding "Attorney At Law" does make me hope that they're going to lean into the Dan Slott run where the premise is "legal procedural, except the law gets very very silly when it has to take into account things like 'yes, I was dead then but now I'm not' and 'that person who looked, talked, and acted like me and had my DNA was not me, it was a multiversal variant or Skrull or something'".

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

Wong busts him out so they can go throw illegal underground fights and then puts him back in his cell.

I want to see more Wong and Abomination hijinks. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The overarching plot is supposedly Jen becoming the Abomination's lawyer as they try to clear him, possibly setting up some more Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers stuff. But it's also supposed to be dealing with weird one-off cases and going into Jen's life, like the dating stuff and training with Bruce.

And Wong is supposed to be in it, continuing Phase Wong of the MCU.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m excited. I like liking things and I don’t tend to scrutinize things I want to enjoy.

I love She-Hulk in general so it’s a win for me no matter what really.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. The cgi looks a little funny but I want to enjoy it and I’ve largely enjoyed everything. I thought the Moon Knight cgi looked a little rough in moments but that didn’t really resonate over the big picture. So we’ll see.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 18, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Seriously, if I was a defense attorney in the MCU, my defense for literally any client would be "nope, Skrull", because, y'know... prove it wasn't.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought it looked quirky, but I suppose I'm the odd man out on largely enjoying the D+ shows. Some slow episodes here and there, but nothing I thought was putrid. No Iron Fists or whatever. I'm soft on superhero media in some areas I suppose, but I'm having fun.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Jamesman posted:

The trailer also seemed a little aimless, in that I'm not sure at all what the premise is or what kind of tone to expect. I'm still ready to give it a shot though.

Half-hour comedy legal procedural in the style of Ally McBeal is the tagline I've seen most commonly.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All of the D+ shows have been at least good, but people acting like Wandavision was bad are nuts

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wrong thread!