Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

If a Superman comic doesn't have triangle numbers on the cover it's just not as good.

Accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What I'm saying is bring back triangle numbers. But for every book. You want people to make buy more books, even the terrible ones? Then make them matter. If you plaster a line wide reading order on the front of all books then you can't fail! Why yes, I'll be the new EIC of DC Comics. Thanks for the offer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

What I'm saying is bring back triangle numbers. But for every book. You want people to make buy more books, even the terrible ones? Then make them matter. If you plaster a line wide reading order on the front of all books then you can't fail! Why yes, I'll be the new EIC of DC Comics. Thanks for the offer.

Remember when the Spider-titles tried doing weekly storytelling and it was a huge mess?

Or it was the Clone Saga and weekly storytelling had nothing to do with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Remember when the Spider-titles tried doing weekly storytelling and it was a huge mess?

Or it was the Clone Saga and weekly storytelling had nothing to do with it.

Hey, the first few months of Clone Saga were decent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No you're looking at this wrong way. Every book will just be re-titled as Detective Comics. So every week you'll get six to eight new issues of Detective Comics with little Bat Numbers on them replacing the regular numbers for reading order. And every comic will feature Batman and whoever the book originally belonged to. But it will definitely have Batman because that's what sells. This idea can't fail. It's gonna be like 52 but better and for every book!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Heavy Metal posted:

Been perusing some of this old Superman comics blog, love these kind of sites. Kind of getting a broad strokes picture of what was going on at different times.

Was curious to see a bit of what's between 86's Man of Steel and Panic in the Sky which I plan to read. And ended up adding some issues to my read list as well.

https://superman86to99.tumblr.com

It's crazy how untapped Superman is for adaptations overall. Just endless ideas, villains, wild situations, lot of imagination.

oh man thanks for this, I was reading this years back but lost track of it when they started having delays, so now I get to catch up

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DC comics is almost already entirely Batman comics so might as well just go all in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean spider man has been a mess for 30 years now si you can’t blame interconnected stories for that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

DC comics is almost already entirely Batman comics so might as well just go all in.

Do you think the company name is "Detective Comics Comics" for nothing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Let's gauge thoughts on just converting every hero to a bat. The Bat Who Laughs was such a hit.

The Bat Who Runs and The Bat Who Swims will fly off the shelves.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
They made a toy of the Bat Who Swims and she is still clogging pegs after years

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh there is one? I never read any of the Metal books. Even then you couldn't escape knowledge of the Joker one because obviously.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Oh there is one? I never read any of the Metal books. Even then you couldn't escape knowledge of the Joker one because obviously.

Yeah, it had evil bat versions of Flash, Aqua(wo)man, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman (A Bruce Wayne who was powered by Ares), Batman with Doomsday powers, and Cyborg Batman

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Don’t forget the Batman who was a monster truck

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it had evil bat versions of Flash, Aqua(wo)man, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman (A Bruce Wayne who was powered by Ares), Batman with Doomsday powers, and Cyborg Batman

I'm not talking about evil versions though. Every DC character should stay exactly as they are but add a bat symbol to the chest. That's it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

X-O posted:

Let's gauge thoughts on just converting every hero to a bat. The Bat Who Laughs was such a hit.

The Bat Who Runs and The Bat Who Swims will fly off the shelves.

It was a hit because it combined Batman and Joker so it should be The Bat Who Laughs While Running and the Bat Who Laughs While Swimming

Also if putting a Bat symbol on Firestorm is a way to get a Firestorm book I am willing to accept it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m sure someone at DC would be absolutely giddy to write a story where some badass villain travels back in time and murders every superhero’s parents.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m sure someone at DC would be absolutely giddy to write a story where some badass villain travels back in time and murders every superhero’s parents.

That just reminds me of one of the best scenes from Teen Titans go to the movies, which if you have seen it you know what I am talking about, and if you haven't seen it you absolutely should.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Even Geoff Johns doesn't have enough time to do that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Madkal posted:

That just reminds me of one of the best scenes from Teen Titans go to the movies, which if you have seen it you know what I am talking about, and if you haven't seen it you absolutely should.

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlB4l8zFOKw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am so glad the Batman who Laughs is dead. Hope he stays that way.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The Flash is definitely the best book DC is printing rn.

Trying to actually collect these dang issues on Comixology A̶̡̋͗̉͘m̷̻̖͇̎̏̿͠a̶̦̎̑̔z̵̘͉̥̈́͌̈́͆̀o̶̝̳͗̄ṇ̶̲̲͖̓̾̌̕ is the most aggravating task imaginable. I know I said this before but this merger is absolutely abominable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Girl sweat

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Ivy fans in shambles.

It's me. I'm Ivy fan. Where is this from?

Madkal posted:

TTGTTM is the best movie DC has done in like, decades.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bat and Cat!
Harley and Ivy!

Come on!

I just finished the Moench era batman and the bat and cat romance stuff was a highlight!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's pretty clearly not a long-term arrangement

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

It's pretty clearly not a long-term arrangement

They also don't have sex. They're cuddling!

Though I dunno why Selena is burying her face right in the middle of Harley's back in that first panel.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Y’all I love Taylor’s Nightwing. Makes me smile.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vandar posted:

Ivy fans in shambles.

It's me. I'm Ivy fan. Where is this from?

TTGTTM is the best movie DC has done in like, decades.

Newest Catwoman. Also, it's platonic cuddling and basically implies that Selina still loves Bruce and that Harley is still into Ivy despite both pairs being on some kind of break, but both also still pining for their respective partners.

Though I dunno why Selena is burying her face right in the middle of Harley's back in that first panel.

It's comfy and it smells good? idk.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Joe Fisto posted:

Y’all I love Taylor’s Nightwing. Makes me smile.

Big agree! It's a consistent highlight in terms of both writing and art and I'm always left wanting more.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I was referring to the montage where they fix this, but that is great too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Batman #402

Detective comics #569 has catwoman refer to batman as Bruce. This occurs after CoIE when her knowledge of his identity was erased.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 18, 2022

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I would argue that two people sleeping semi-naked, cuddling and declaring love for each other is so intimate an act that it may as well be a form of sex.

Potebtially Batman might seek vengeance (Vengence!) over this act. So the new DC movie will be.
Batman: Bruce and Selena and Jack and Harley.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Xelkelvos posted:

Harley is still into Ivy despite both pairs being on some kind of break.

why does DC love to make a huge deal about Harley and ivy being together in every universe variation but never actually let them be together in main continuity

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

why does DC love to make a huge deal about Harley and ivy being together in every universe variation but never actually let them be together in main continuity

The concept of writing stable relationships makes writers burn like vampires in the sun

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

The concept of writing stable relationships makes writers burn like vampires in the sun

They seem to do okay with married couples, and maybe Green Arrow and Black Canary

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

I don't think it's every variation. Isn't Harley with Bruce in the 'White Knight' universe? I've never read those but I read she's the real hero of that universe and eventually gets with Bruce.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't know what the hell is going on in that universe (White Knight) except they're doing a weird version of future state and batman beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

X-O posted:

I don't think it's every variation. Isn't Harley with Bruce in the 'White Knight' universe? I've never read those but I read she's the real hero of that universe and eventually gets with Bruce.

Harley 1 ends up with Batman. Harley 2/Neo-Joker is with Ivy in that setting. It's different. It also has Jason as the first Robin with Dick second

Azubah posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on in that universe (White Knight) except they're doing a weird version of future state and batman beyond.

Sorta. The Future State link is more just a future extension of the GTO where they have power suits, but there's no Simon Saint or Peacekeepers. They're part of the GTO. The Beyond stuff is definitely there though but with alterations like Powers coming from inside Wayne's company and being elevated to the position after Bruce's arrest rather than corporate merger/takeover and Terry playing patsy to Powers to get the new suit

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 18, 2022