Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All the matches tonight were really good at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jesus the difference between tonight and Sunday

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
That was some great stuff right there.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All the matches tonight were really good at worst.

When the worst match of the night is a Bushi match you know you've got a good show on your hands

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man, Despy rules.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Was a public holiday yesterday in Singapore and so I thought today was Monday and totally missed the show. Titan vs Despy is one of the matches I was looking forward to watching live the most in the entire tournament too :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

From New Japan Global's twitter:

El Desperado posted:

You've got a ton of masks, it doesn't matter if I rip one. That was great. I'm glad he came. I lost my belt before the tournament started, and there's Lindaman having a title match in the middle of this thing. The music you're about to hear belongs to the badass who's going to win Best of the Super Jr. Remember that tune.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sooper Gila posted:

Was a public holiday yesterday in Singapore and so I thought today was Monday and totally missed the show. Titan vs Despy is one of the matches I was looking forward to watching live the most in the entire tournament too :(

Whole show was good, well worth catching up on. Sorry you missed it live.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1526532245422751745?cxt=HHwWgoDSqai_qq8qAAAA
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1526532703130361856?cxt=HHwWgIDRwfrZqq8qAAAA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DOUKI vs Desperado is gonna be so loving good I can't wait.

Gonna be watching GLEAT live tomorrow so I'm really glad that's clashing with an A Block show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The wrestling was good but man that empty venue brought a lot of it down for me. Least with other places you can dim the lights but here the empty space was visible at all times.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Eagles/Yuta and Despy/Titan were great. Also is it me or does the Master Wato logo look like a tiny dick and balls?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well he are Gooch are the 69 Champions

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Caught up with today's matches

- YOH looks like he's popped three valium just before coming out

- DOUKI, DOUKI, DOUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

- Completely tuned out of the BUSHI match, whatevs

- Absolutely loved Robbie and Yoots. Robbie's lowkey a great technician so he meshed with Yuta's style really well. Would love to see a Pure title defence here

- Wato's got a lot better which is to say he no longer looks out of place in a wrestling ring

- Despy getting to lucha out was fun, Titan's like Rey Fenix if he suffered from Kidd Bandit's problems of not knowing when to calm down

B-block definitely looking strong. Hoping this gives everyone in A-block a kick up the bum

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Man, Yoh really does not give a poo poo about his matches at the moment. Which I guess makes two of us.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

He looks like he's still going to raves even though everyone there is 10 years younger than him now

This is an extremely good description of Alex Zayne's entire vibe

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't think the first night was as bad as y'all are making it out to be, but YOH definitely colored the whole night. Or I guess he monochromed the whole night. I want him to go 0-8 then forfeit to SHO at the end.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

I didn't think the first night was as bad as y'all are making it out to be, but YOH definitely colored the whole night. Or I guess he monochromed the whole night. I want him to go 0-8 then forfeit to SHO at the end.

I enjoyed almost all the matches on night one. It's just B Block is so much better

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Imagine if this ended in heel R3K.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Imagine if this ended in heel R3K.

As long as we got an evil version of their theme song. Preferably rapped by Dick Togo.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

My problem at leat is I have the expectation of the first night and the final night being the strongest of the tour. We know there'll be less exciting matches but the hope is they'll be buried in the middle when the fatigue will be setting in either way.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ishimori/Yoh in theory has the potential to be a great match but Ishimori decided to phone it in and Yoh just doesn't seem to be able to get into that next gear as a single so whelp

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

From what cagematch has the belt hasn't been defended since June last year, so maybe he just misplaced it? :shrug:

Aren't belts secondary in lucha anyway (more important are apuestas matches)?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just figured out how Block A is going to end: SHO and YOH go to a time-limit draw, preventing SHO from winning the block on a tie-breaker with (insert other wrestler here). It will be YOH’s only point.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ready for A Block to kick it up a notch after seeing B Block succeed yesterday

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Whole show was good, well worth catching up on. Sorry you missed it live.

I'll hopefully get time to watch the whole show by the weekend, gonna do despy vs Titan tonight after this evenings show.

Lily Catts posted:

Aren't belts secondary in lucha anyway (more important are apuestas matches)?

Wouldn't even rate them as secondary, CMLL sometimes forgets who has their belts in advertising! In the 70s and 80s belts were treated in the UWA though more like how they were in America and Japan though. Canek defended the heavyweight belt for the better part of 25 years and there was a WWF light heavyweight belt Perro, Fishman and Villlano 3 traded back and forth for most of the 80s until it ended up in the J-Crown (similar to how New Japan took over the WWF juniors belt from 1978 onward).

Historically speaking their trios titles were probably even a bigger deal, Los Villanos vs Los Brazos bloodfeuds (with Los Misioneros de la Muerte mixed in) were what ended up popularizing Trios wrestling in Mexico. I think those belts are in DDT by way of Toryumon now? Apuestas were still a big loving deal, it's just belts weren't totally meaningless either.

Whereas I've been to CMLL shows where the ring announcer mentioned in passing that Black Warrior or whoever was an NWA featherweight champ or something but he doesn't even have the physical belt with him, and furthermore it'd been 8 or 9 years since anyone last saw it.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread with lucha ramblings, to tie it in to BOSJ there is a very cool 1981 Fishman vs Tiger Mask match for said WWF belt that's on youtube, dailymotion, facebook etc that's a proto-BOSJ style match. There's not a lot of prime Fishman stuff out there, most people today only know his work from the years after he was hurt pretty bad and couldn't move around well.

-----------------------------------TODAY'S SHOW

All my eyes are on Akira, I don't know him well at all, my knowledge of contemporary All Japan regretfully being mainly limited to Miyahara matches, I think I have seen him in a six man a few years ago. But I've heard good things and so now's his day to shine with Hiromu! No pressure, I believe in you Francesco!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gonna be GLEATing it up tonight instead of watching A Block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqR4hZNKTg

If you want to watch Shingo/Goto/Lindaman in GLEAT instead/in addition to today's show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I will watch GLEAT instead but probably catch up on this later unless the show is bad. Hope it isn't!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Looking forward to YOH getting his rear end kicked again

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sooper Gila posted:

All my eyes are on Akira, I don't know him well at all, my knowledge of contemporary All Japan regretfully being mainly limited to Miyahara matches, I think I have seen him in a six man a few years ago. But I've heard good things and so now's his day to shine with Hiromu! No pressure, I believe in you Francesco!

If you have ajpw.tv i'd definitely recommend checking out Day 2 of last year's Jr Battle of Glory, finals was Lindaman vs Akira (both on their third match of the night) and there is a fantastic Hikaru Sato vs Fuminori Abe match on the undercard that deserves love.

Also he apparently had a real good match in RevPro back in February, but i've not seen that one

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
For watchers off the Japanese commentary: how is Milano handling the fact that this tournament has an actual Italian in it?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Fujita is real good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Smart of Nakashima to team with a vet to get the guaranteed win

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

block b night 1 was certainly better than a's. crashed early last night after being up late monday night and i'm up live for this one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Fujita is real good

For a second I thought NOSAWA had infiltrated the thread.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Better venue tonight

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The hat gives him strength

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Hot tag to Master Wato is incredibly funny to me

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It’s it me or a Gedo moving a bit better these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Wato has a submission move now? soon he'll be unstoppable