Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Captain Monkey posted:

so paint one, let's see it.

I'm gonna go to the Rothko Chapel this weekend just to spite you all. Place owns.

It's actually pretty dope. Everyone saying they understand it because they looked at a tiny Google image search on their phone are insane people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

christmas boots posted:

Yeah 90% of the time the restrooms are where you’d expect them to be but there’s always a restaurant once in a while where you have to walk past the kitchen, make three left turns and gain passage from a troll by answering his riddles three before you find them.

That's just weatherspoons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Atticus_1354 posted:

Everyone saying they understand it because they looked at a tiny Google image search on their phone

Oh, who are those people, can you quote them?

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I'll be honest I thought Rothko squares were a joke until I actually saw one.

Walk round the corner at this gallery and BAM, I nearly fell backwards down the loving stairs. The thing was massive and it was doing something to my brain. Like those Shepard tones that always seem to be getting higher forever. This white rectangle getting more and more intense and squished endlessly somehow.

Don't knock it till you've stared at a few real ones, is all I'm sayin.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Everything went to poo poo when they discontinued the Geo Tracker

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Nobody should ever ask an employee of a restaurant where the bathrooms are.
Why not though? Regardless of how difficult it may or may not be to find the toilets in any given establishment, what's the actual problem with asking?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tiggum posted:

Why not though? Regardless of how difficult it may or may not be to find the toilets in any given establishment, what's the actual problem with asking?

nobody wants to hear that you're about to take a dump

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just managing to miss the social interaction layup of telling someone where the bathroom is

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Tiggum posted:

I think they're saying that the asking should be unnecessary as the location of the bathroom should be obvious, not that the asking itself is the problem

And re: art chat, all art is good but you should always take art chat with the world's largest grain of salt. The hacks actually are hacks - their worth is assigned retroactively after they are adopted into the correct social scenes or investment portfolios

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

just managing to miss the social interaction layup of telling someone where the bathroom is

wät

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Captain Monkey posted:

so paint one, let's see it.

I'm gonna go to the Rothko Chapel this weekend just to spite you all. Place owns.

My response was mocking people who think that way.

People who hate modern art just never read the work of art in the age of mechanical reproduction or it made them really mad and they try to ignore it or something

Badactura has a new favorite as of 14:38 on May 17, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
On bathrooms:

gently caress you for requiring a passcode. Let me in your loving bathroom. The loving city ordinance or whatever says you're a public place and you have to have a restroom; don't make me loving wander around your stupid store/restaurant, locate the bathroom which itself is secretly hidden just beyond the EMPLOYEES section, and then have to track down an employee (and they will hide) so I can beg for the secret code that will allow me to piss somewhere other than in the middle of your aisle.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

credburn posted:

On bathrooms:

gently caress you for requiring a passcode. Let me in your loving bathroom. The loving city ordinance or whatever says you're a public place and you have to have a restroom; don't make me loving wander around your stupid store/restaurant, locate the bathroom which itself is secretly hidden just beyond the EMPLOYEES section, and then have to track down an employee (and they will hide) so I can beg for the secret code that will allow me to piss somewhere other than in the middle of your aisle.

I piss and poo poo at a big buffet with my wife.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

credburn posted:

On bathrooms:

When I was in Denver recently trying to find a bathroom and failing I finally gave in and bought a coffee somewhere so I was allowed access. Immediately after I saw a man making GBS threads on the street between two parked cars and could only side with the street shitter, the city was asking for it.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

A real pro shits at hotels

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Badactura posted:

My response was mocking people who think that way.

People who hate modern art just never read the work of art in the age of mechanical reproduction or it made them really mad and they try to ignore it or something

my bad for misreading

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Manager Hoyden posted:

A real pro shits at hotels

Yeah a hotel lobby [restroom] is a great place to take a dump in cities

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There isn't a single free toilet in Stockholm, and when I found out I had to pay 5 crowns to do a poo I spent like half an hour there just lounging. It was quite nice. (May have been Åhléns, I don't remember.)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stockholm is run by the people who grew up playing rollercoaster tycoon

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As for the greatest Japanese visual novel, they already made Hellsing.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

credburn posted:

On bathrooms:

We had some poor confused woman come into our very obviously not open to the public warehouse asking to use the bathroom because every store at the strip mall across the street told her no. Public bathrooms kinda went away here with Covid. Now absolutely everywhere is just "employees only" unless it's a bar, restaurant, or chain establishment.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
All cell phone speakers are awful and nobody should be subject to hearing them, especially when it’s just compressed garbage from YouTube or TikTok or whatever - the only acceptable use is for debounced OS-provided notifications and accessibility purposes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What about... actually speaking on the phone

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Gaius Marius posted:

Forbidden.

Mostly just meant speakerphone stuff, it doesn’t bother me, at least, if it’s up to one’s ear.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Blue Moonlight posted:

All cell phone speakers are awful and nobody should be subject to hearing them, especially when it’s just compressed garbage from YouTube or TikTok or whatever - the only acceptable use is for debounced OS-provided notifications and accessibility purposes.

my pixel 6 pro says otherwise

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gaius Marius posted:

Only if your phone rings and it's a call you have to answer and you don't have headphones handy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When criticizing Elon Musk for his bullshit, do not resort to writing him off for having HFA/aspergers, or using it as an insult. I have it too.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People get very passionate about their Elon Musk opinions. It's hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and who just thinks "rich so bad cuz not me"

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh, who are those people, can you quote them?

Collapsing Farts posted:

I also googled "Rothko" and paintings like those is why I can't take so many art galleries seriously. They paint something really bad and then write some prose about why it's actually not bad, but good and incredibly complex, you see

but it's still bad

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
PHUO: Transformers is too embarrassing a franchise to like as an adult, and I’m
a fan of Digimon

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Some people like bad drawings and others don't

and this is ok

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah, an example of the opposite of what you said happened. Cool.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah, an example of the opposite of what you said happened. Cool.

Yes exactly. You are very good at understanding things.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

People get very passionate about their Elon Musk opinions. It's hard to tell who knows what they are talking about and who just thinks "rich so bad cuz not me"

he's like Trump in that you just have to listen to him talk for a few seconds and it'll become clear he's a dumb sack of poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

like if you couldn't immediately tell Musk / Trump were idiots, you are a terrible judge of character

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

he's like Trump in that you just have to listen to him talk for a few seconds and it'll become clear he's a dumb sack of poo poo

I didn't have to listen to him talk.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hawowanlawow posted:

like if you couldn't immediately tell Musk / Trump were idiots, you are a terrible judge of character

Dam that's where I'm going wrong, not spitefully calling celebrities names on the Internet

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spite would be pretending they're not idiots because other people say it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you think the guy who wants to put a tunnel for exploding cars under Miami is stupid it’s just your anti wealth bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Unpopular opinion: I kinda like Teslas. I think they’re kinda cool in that people are allowed to buy and operate concept cars with unproven technology. In about 15 years I bet the cars are gonna be really good. A few dead drivers is a small price to pay for a future with Johnny Cabs and all cars able to go 0-60 in 4 seconds.