Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ahahahahaha. blogto carrying water for "mom and pop landlords"

the poor dears have had enough of tenants owing back rent and they're not going to take it anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

ahahahahaha. blogto carrying water for "mom and pop landlords"

the poor dears have had enough of tenants owing back rent and they're not going to take it anymore!

quote:

A group called Small Ownership Landlords of Ontario (SOLO), which represents more than 5,000 landlords who own 10 or fewer residential rental properties in the province

lol 10 or fewer = small ownership? gently caress off

e: the ltb is pretty loving broken now though, it's not great for tenants at times either

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes, if you own ten or fewer homes, you are a "small time" owner.

me, i own zero homes. i'm part of the problem, you see

the ltb is absolutely hosed, but i'd say that's tangential to whether these good folks get what they feel they're owed

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
dear "small time" landlords: how about we tie rent control to the unit instead of the tenant in ontario and then add more staff to the ltb? fair trade?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

We're seeing the Andrea Horwath effect in real time

https://twitter.com/sjefferies73/status/1526924212316909576?s=20&t=sKbp96ey9wim2Opqi47DBw

sigh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

labour supporting the pcpo is bad, but not surprising. otoh, idk who that guy is but his tweets are pure pcpo propaganda

you've also got the entirety of osstf supporting the olp despite being hosed over by them repeatedly for a decade and a half

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

What do you mean no culture, haven't you heard of the British National Museum?!?!

stealing things is white culture. like the theives guild

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a lot of working-class schlubs i know are vocally in support of the truck fuckers so of course they hate the liberal snowflakes in the ndp and wanna have a buck a beer with ford because gently caress of course they do. convincing people to vote against their self-interest should not be this easy

may they split the vote with true blue and never be represented by anyone ever again

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

construction unions are, unfortunately, full of chuds and were some of the loudest people yelling that corona isn't real. my buddy in liuna is going for the jair bolsonaro achievement. this isn't surprising

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Isentropy posted:

construction unions are, unfortunately, full of chuds and were some of the loudest people yelling that corona isn't real. my buddy in liuna is going for the jair bolsonaro achievement. this isn't surprising

Hes gonnna get a bowel so impacted they have to suck poo poo out of his nose?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

apatheticman posted:

Hes gonnna get a bowel so impacted they have to suck poo poo out of his nose?

No he's trying to get every variant of COVID like he needs to fill out a Pokédex

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1526956902839894016

4 years of Dougie and the only change will be who the opposition is. your province is incredible.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

if this happens and Horwath doesn't get the Annamie Paul treatment I'm never taking a call from the ONDP again

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

is Horvath as bad as Annamie Paul?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Well no, no one is as bad as Annamie Paul. Horwath didn't try to turn the NDP into Likud. But I mean more that she should be immediately gone if somehow the NDP can't even increase their seat count after all this

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Lmao and I thought Manitoba voters were stupid.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
listen up failibs, the #FORDNATION beat covid and our toeheaded oaf of a premier will be prime minister one day just you wait

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Rutibex posted:

stealing things is white culture. like the theives guild

Tru, dat. I try to limit myself to recipes these days. I make no apologies for my kimchi and feta in a soft tortilla breakfast wrap.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

4 years of Dougie and the only change will be who the opposition is. your province is incredible.

I'm not from Ontario but this just makes me despair for everything. gently caress it, time for breakfast.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Apparently this is not 3038 but "a creation of Philippe J. Fournier, physics and astrophysics professor at Cégep de Saint-Laurent in Montreal." Well, astrophysicists are uniquely qualified to apply their skills to other fields (I should know), so he's more credible than Formerly CBC Senior Talking Egghead Eric Grenier, but the end result seems to be the same set of giant errorbars on a model with virtually no predictive power. So... polling.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Isentropy posted:

if this happens and Horwath doesn't get the Annamie Paul treatment I'm never taking a call from the ONDP again

she either has dirt on every person in the ONDP or there's a ton of true believers because it's crazy she hasn't been booted from leadership. Jagmeet making the jump to federal politics because she wouldn't make way for him to take over does speak to a problem with her.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

With how ondp is behaving, like what is their base even???? What a clueless party

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
northern ontario, people who live in large cities, and some residual deindustrialized cities in south-western ontario, I think.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Dreylad posted:

northern ontario, people who live in large cities, and some residual deindustrialized cities in south-western ontario, I think.

nailed it. but to be fair a lot of unions becoming run by "gently caress you got mine" guys who think Don Cherry is a political prisoner didn't help

it's amazing that in my heavily industrialized working class district I think the NDP will be fourth behind Doug and TWO fash parties

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i dont know why anyone is surprised the opc will form government again in ontario. barring a few dips hes consistently stayed ahread of the libs and dips in opinion polls because both of them are weak ineffective opposition

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

bring back bobby rae

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
justin trudeau is still in power in ottawa so ontario voters will sigh and dutifully elect the conservatives to ensure The Balance Is Maintained

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

justin trudeau is still in power in ottawa so ontario voters will sigh and dutifully elect the conservatives to ensure The Balance Is Maintained

The buyers remorse on this one is going to be epic

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

My favorite thing right now is seeing the NDP attack the Liberals and all the responses are from NDP people being like

"What are you doing?" and "Please Stop."

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CameronFriesen/status/1526684335826427904?s=20&t=sBIpukC3OtoOkPSo-97bsw

lol the wording on this incredible

92% of the actual physical printed cheques will goto families but 80% of the amount refunded is going to businesses

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Isentropy posted:

nailed it. but to be fair a lot of unions becoming run by "gently caress you got mine" guys who think Don Cherry is a political prisoner didn't help

it's amazing that in my heavily industrialized working class district I think the NDP will be fourth behind Doug and TWO fash parties

to be fair a lot of those unions in that tweet are all related to construction so its no surprise they'd go doug ford. that is voting in self-interest, doug's done everything he can to jack off developers as much as possible and build build build

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Dreylad posted:

to be fair a lot of those unions in that tweet are all related to construction so its no surprise they'd go doug ford. that is voting in self-interest, doug's done everything he can to jack off developers as much as possible and build build build

Perceived self interest. I'm pretty sure the PCs have hinted they're gonna try to TFW the construction industry which would be in line with their views and would be about what they deserve for their choice

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eXXon posted:

Apparently this is not 3038 but "a creation of Philippe J. Fournier, physics and astrophysics professor at Cégep de Saint-Laurent in Montreal." Well, astrophysicists are uniquely qualified to apply their skills to other fields (I should know), so he's more credible than Formerly CBC Senior Talking Egghead Eric Grenier, but the end result seems to be the same set of giant errorbars on a model with virtually no predictive power. So... polling.

it is hilariously useless. naturally, i expect to see it reposted endlessly, with much wailing and gnashing

someday maybe people will figure out that any seat predictions based on polls in canada or ontario are loving worthless beyond belief. today is not that day

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/CameronFriesen/status/1526684335826427904?s=20&t=sBIpukC3OtoOkPSo-97bsw

lol the wording on this incredible

92% of the actual physical printed cheques will goto families but 80% of the amount refunded is going to businesses

hey corporations own a bunch of farmers so it's ok

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

vyelkin posted:

multiple boomers I know vote like this, and say so explicitly

“you can’t have them in both governments, they’ll be out of control”

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

hey corporations own a bunch of farmers so it's ok

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/education-tax-rebate-analysis-1.6449804

actually we are taking money from schools to subsidize malls mostly

quote:

Top 10 biggest cheques

Polo Park $1,048,213
St. Vital Centre $522,850
True North Square $259,709
Outlet Collection Winnipeg $249,484
Kildonan Place $218,254
360 Main Street $214,203
Fort Garry Place $194,438
Richardson Building $164,872
Grant Park Shopping Centre $146,531
201 Portage $140,849

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

If Horwath gets booted from the ONDP this cycle, at least something good will come of it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://twitter.com/CBCSask/status/1527054151863214080

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

stop loving monkeys

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

CLAM DOWN posted:

stop loving monkeys