Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Dipshit (or malign actor, though the effects are functionally the same) doesn't have a Wikipedia level understanding of the topic (which would reveal it happened in a host of EU states, at the very least), you don't have to respond.

FYI Wikipedia also states that the State Dept's official position is it did happen but only in Italy.

hahahahahhahahajaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Regulus74 posted:

Dude exactly anyone who tried to intervene in the state funded strategy of tension during the years of lead got away totally scott free nothing ever happened to them ever

The subway shooting wasn't done by the government

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

yeah and epstein killed himself. also all the security cameras that were offline just happened to kill themselves at the exact same time

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if they’re deporting witnesses, it was done by the government

coathat
May 21, 2007

No they're deporting her because of the insane punitive immigration regime of america

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

No they're deporting her because of the insane punitive immigration regime of america

if they’re deporting witnesses, it was done by the government :nsa:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
acts of credulity in the epstine thread, you hate to see it

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

It doesn't specify, but did they rule out the pilot having a heart attack and slumping over the control stick?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

It doesn't specify, but did they rule out the pilot having a heart attack and slumping over the control stick?

It mentions they're in possession of the "black box" which presumably means that in addition to all the flight telemetry from the flight data recorder that they have the cockpit voice recorder as well. Or, I guess more specifically, the article doesn't mention that they don't have the CVR or that it was damaged, which they presumably would. We'll know when that final report comes out, but I'm guessing that whatever they're hearing is the crew asking the pilot what he's doing and not commenting on him being slumped over, and/or they have telemetry from something other than the control stick being pressed down indicating odd pilot action.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It was an op and you need to disabuse yourself of the notion that mere bureaucratic tyranny is the cause of stuff like this because it is sincerely delusional thanks

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

it seems crazy that china would just give their black boxes to washington dc

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

it seems crazy that china would just give their black boxes to washington dc

i think i'm missing something, what's spooky about this plane crash compared to the rest?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Azathoth posted:

i think i'm missing something, what's spooky about this plane crash compared to the rest?

maybe nothing but it seems like you're just opening yourself up for fuckery

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Remember the Christmas Day carbombing? Lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
The domestic GLADIO ops invariably try to foment racial animosity. Nashville is probably one of the few acts of domestic terror that wasn't an op. That no one has found any alphabet agency link (handler, communication) suggests the same.

Edit: the lack of media coverage and social media penetration also suggests the same etc

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

coathat posted:

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

maybe nothing but it seems like you're just opening yourself up for fuckery
the only thing that they could possibly want to cover up would be (theoretical) remote inputs that sent the plane crashing, and presumably if such a thing is possible, the FDR would be engineered in such a way as to not capture that data as anything different from a pilot's input on the control column. there wouldn't be a need to give back false data, the recorder would already say what they wanted it to say: that the pilot intentionally pushed down on the control column with steady force until impact

i'm very dubious that such a system could exist undetected or that it would even make sense to build such a system into the planes. it's way easier and has way less possibility of blowback to just, y'know, do an old-fashioned terrorist bombing than to engineer an undetectable control system into every plane on the off chance that the government might want to bring it down one day. and on the other side, if it's optional hardware that needs to be plugged in to work, getting that on the plane and going is way more work than just putting a bomb somewhere

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The domestic GLADIO ops invariably try to foment racial animosity. Nashville is probably one of the few acts of domestic terror that wasn't an op. That no one has found any alphabet agency link (handler, communication) suggests the same.

Edit: the lack of media coverage and social media penetration also suggests the same etc

That they guy was off his rocker but still didn't kill anyone leads me to believe you

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

___________ wasn't done by the government

:wrong:

coathat
May 21, 2007

the all powerful cabal is deporting this woman for leading to the capture of the subway shooter who is going to trial for what reason? what are they silencing? oh yeah nothing because you're a bunch of delusional morons.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You're in the wrong thread

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

coathat posted:

the all powerful cabal is deporting this woman for leading to the capture of the subway shooter who is going to trial for what reason? what are they silencing? oh yeah nothing because you're a bunch of delusional morons.

Oh come on who isn't a delusional moron these days

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

coathat posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

coathat posted:

syq

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i do think expecting a traditional directly managed gladio misses the developments and improvements in diffusing control and responsibility.

you dont need to risk directly staging false flag attacks like what happened in Italy, you create the fertile conditions for someone to do it without you even knowing who they were beforehand.

you dont need P2 if instead you've helped foster a culture, media, and communication environment that instead spawns 1000s of mini-P2s across the country.

the risky and competence requiring technique has been automated away.

no need for the ludovico technique when youtube does it for you. no need to supply weapons when you have a culture that centers weapons as the consumerist symbol of choice amongst the right wing. getting to pick the target doesn't matter, the media narrative controls that. and no need to really force the media to do anything as they're already entirely on board from their own owners.

and the cherry on top is mr. gladio at the cia still got a darn pension when they made him redundant.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

im sure all the shitloads of friends and associates of the boston marathon bombers just coincidentally got deported right afterwards too. just a bunch of coincidences

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
it’s pretty freaking gay to not think the government of the USA did this

coathat
May 21, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

im sure all the shitloads of friends and associates of the boston marathon bombers just coincidentally got deported right afterwards too. just a bunch of coincidences

So you have no answer and are just making baseless speculations

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coathat posted:

oh i think you can figure it out :nsallears:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Erowid has the first chapters of Acid Dreams which goes over early OSS/CIA LSD stuff in some depth, for free. Good primer in the subject, anyway.

I randomly took 2.5g of golden teachers a couple weeks ago while I was also on a decent dose of opium tea and that was loving weird

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

coathat posted:

your spectulation is equally grounded

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Azathoth posted:

It mentions they're in possession of the "black box" which presumably means that in addition to all the flight telemetry from the flight data recorder that they have the cockpit voice recorder as well. Or, I guess more specifically, the article doesn't mention that they don't have the CVR or that it was damaged, which they presumably would. We'll know when that final report comes out, but I'm guessing that whatever they're hearing is the crew asking the pilot what he's doing and not commenting on him being slumped over, and/or they have telemetry from something other than the control stick being pressed down indicating odd pilot action.

I believe the Americans helped put the box data back together, so if it's an OP it's now a joint US/China op.

That said, according to the evidence we know about, either the pilot was suicidal or the airplane itself was. Mostly basing this off of the fact that the plane didn't break up and the only the wingtips appear to have broken off before it hit the ground.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Erowid has the first chapters of Acid Dreams which goes over early OSS/CIA LSD stuff in some depth, for free. Good primer in the subject, anyway.

a great deal of my worldview is probably based on reading that book at 14, it rocked

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nomad2020 posted:

I believe the Americans helped put the box data back together, so if it's an OP it's now a joint US/China op.

That said, according to the evidence we know about, either the pilot was suicidal or the airplane itself was. Mostly basing this off of the fact that the plane didn't break up and the only the wingtips appear to have broken off before it hit the ground.

Yeah, and the FDR would show pretty conclusively if there was a mechanical problem of some kind. Covering that up makes very little sense, it's way better for everyone involved to say "oh whoops mechanical problem, let's toss some low level mechanic supervisor under the bus" than admit pilot suicide. If they're saying it was suicide, they must have some pretty compelling evidence.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

mawarannahr posted:

a great deal of my worldview is probably based on reading that book at 14, it rocked

we may have some things in common!

also, I think America is fully of nutcases who kill people all the time and while I think some number of high profile events have enough weird at the periphery to more than raise my eyebrows, generally I view "crisis actor" type claims as pretty preposteruous compared to "300 million guns in a country of dumb angry people"

however

when the first things I find trying to educate myself about the shooting are... stories about the MTA explaining why these specific cameras stopped working in a very narrow time frame combined with claims of witnesses now being in fear of deportation...... lol

it quacks like a duck, and shits out MIC poop. come on.

edit: to put all my cards on the table, if I had to name an example of one of these things that has "some weird around the edges" -- Aurora.

Just go read the official Aurora timeline as it was reconstructed in the Denver paper in the days after. The narrative is:
* James enters theater, props door
* James leaves theater, dons gear and guns, enters theater
* James kills people
* James leaves theater
* James walks hundreds of feet past the car he parked right outside the door he exited, to the end of the parking lot, walking fast and with intention
* James takes all his poo poo off and drops all his guns in the only part of the parking lot not under camera surveillance
* James reappears on cameras, moving more slowly and somewhat aimlessly
* James returns to his car, sits down in the back
* James calmly waits for the cops to arrive
* James is whisked away, jammed full of antipsychotics, and as far as I know never says anything on the public record again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 22:35 on May 18, 2022

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

coathat posted:

oh yeah nothing because you're a bunch of delusional morons.

lol feel free to never post here again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

it’s pretty freaking gay to not think the government of the USA did this

its nowhere near as awesome as that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, and the FDR would show pretty conclusively if there was a mechanical problem of some kind. Covering that up makes very little sense, it's way better for everyone involved to say "oh whoops mechanical problem, let's toss some low level mechanic supervisor under the bus" than admit pilot suicide. If they're saying it was suicide, they must have some pretty compelling evidence.

It's not without precedent, e.g. Germanwings 9525

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

coathat posted:

I assume you make your avi’s face every time you read the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Haha, I just tried to find the Aurora interactive timeline which led me to the understanding of events I outlined before.

https://www.denverpost.com/2012/07/20/aurora-theater-shooting-interactive-timeline/

It seems to no longer exist on the internet, and wayback machine does not have it, either. :allears:

If anyone can find it, that would be cool. I believe there may have been an actual printed version in the print version of the paper.

and ofc shooter had (DARPA?) mind control research ties because why not
https://www.denverpost.com/2012/08/04/james-holmes-was-among-elite-in-neuroscience-before-aurora-theater-massacre/

less credible sources link him to something called "peak solider performance" but I don't have time for a rabbit hole right now

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 22:47 on May 18, 2022