Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
oh my god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHTuvLmiQks&t=3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The tradition continues

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why does Woolie only have ~10k views per episode of his legendary FF6 playthrough? He deserves far more for the quality work he creates damnit! :bernout:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I suspect the audience for a vlp of ff6 is limited.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I need to get back to watching the FF6 LP, just have had limited time to watch youtube stuff and I've mostly just been letting the Elden Ring playlist rock.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lmao Woolie had to spend like 20 min with his chat processing what a family was since his brain confused the cuckoo knights with the carian royal family

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Perfect Potato posted:

lmao Woolie had to spend like 20 min with his chat processing what a family was since his brain confused the cuckoo knights with the carian royal family
The Carian royal family
(family)
(family)
(family)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really have to wonder how much of the deathgaze salt is real and how much is a bit :v:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5z3dS1Lmo

Remember when Pat spent hundreds of dollars on Overwatch lootboxes lol

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp5z3dS1Lmo

Remember when Pat spent hundreds of dollars on Overwatch lootboxes lol

if I recall chat kept sending him money to spend more

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wasn't that heroes of the storm boxes? Or did it happen with overwatch too?

gently caress, of all the games they coulda killed I'm still the most mad that they killed hots, it was just perfect for when you wanted mobas but not tryhard.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a warframe stream where paige yelled at him over chat then called him midstream to argue about the "free money" he was buying

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There was also a separate HotS lootbox spree.

https://youtu.be/nLp_WelOF-Y

EDIT: The donation notification on his stream in that video is an animation of Pat chasing an Overwatch lootbox, so there was clearly at least a lot of talk of buying those on the podcast.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 13, 2022

doos
Jan 1, 2015

If I remember correctly, Pat spent well over $100 on Overwatch lootboxes and opened them all on stream, getting most if not all of the rare skins and stuff you'd hope get. He then stopped playing the game because the magic was gone.

Also I forgot about his "50% off is free money" thing, and now I have a migraine again.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The best part of that was when Paige went and snitched to his parents about it. Pat's mom was like "oh, well if it was half off you'd have to be crazy not to buy" while his dad just had his head in his hands.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahahaha, the Mage Tower in the FF6 run has some amazing moments with woolie. first, he predictably just plows through the whole place on autopilot with ultima, then runs headfirst into the brick wall of Magic Master's death trigger and gets wiped.

He then does the reraise method, except that the remaster is a buggy piece of poo poo and apparently if you're in the middle of the two turns you get while having Quick active on you, reraise doesn't trigger and you win the battle with a completely dead party. you can phoenix down someone since nobody can cast magic while dead, but his QA spirit forced him to find out what happens when you enter a battle with a dead party, and predictably, you instantly lose the second it loads in lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticCoweringManateeShadyLulu-pPx4Y7-Qiyz7DJOi

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Kay Kessler posted:

The best part of that was when Paige went and snitched to his parents about it. Pat's mom was like "oh, well if it was half off you'd have to be crazy not to buy" while his dad just had his head in his hands.

I still think we need a Dadstream. Pat's father sounds like a cool dude.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol, one of the best jumpscares ever and pat both no-sold it(he knew about it beforehand, of course) and also the sound didn't play so he just turns around and bonks the dude who proceeds to flip-and-dip silently, just perfect unintentional comedy
https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveFairLadiesKlappa-A4kGcMZ-Uz1NA6UX

edit: pat why
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmusedAdorableEggOSsloth-wndpZVAqVzPu4Ixg

edit again: I thought I was going to die from laughing so hard at this, it's just so perfectly timed with how loving useless and dopey the drones are
https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularAstutePigPraiseIt-wpf4AxSK8Io6ZP-9

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 15, 2022

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pennsylvanian posted:

I still think we need a Dadstream. Pat's father sounds like a cool dude.

The egg sandwich story is one of the funniest moments ever, and the phrase "Shelbyville Lemon Bite" still fucks me up.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
In one of the Best Friends Chrono Trigger videos, Pat recalls when I think his dad asked him “So you’re really making a living just playing video games all day?”to which Pat answered yes. They then said “…pft, you’re smarter than your brother.” This got a noticeable chuckle out of Matt, it was a fun little moment.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

To this day I still don't think we have the full picture on Pat's 'brother'. He sounds like a redneck Rob Ford.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've been playing God of War 2018 for the first time lately. Every now and then when I like a moment a lot, I'll go to the SBFP let's play and see their reactions (and get whiplash that that's probably the last LP they were all OK with each other before the cracks really started since it's May and they broke up in December). Absolutely love the 180 Pat takes on Sindri once he learns Sindri is a germaphobe. Just stanning that guy out of nowhere.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm waiting for the moment that it turns out Pat's brother is a totally normal person and all those stories were Pat exaggerating things, or straight up making poo poo up.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I've been playing God of War 2018 for the first time lately. Every now and then when I like a moment a lot, I'll go to the SBFP let's play and see their reactions (and get whiplash that that's probably the last LP they were all OK with each other before the cracks really started since it's May and they broke up in December). Absolutely love the 180 Pat takes on Sindri once he learns Sindri is a germaphobe. Just stanning that guy out of nowhere.

Matt’s excitement at the idea of the hel portal sending kratos to the modern day is an all timer.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveShyPicklesSquadGoals-P3BanZwnz7TwoEGY

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Woolie just dropped what the next big LP is gonna be: time for 2 years of Mass Effect babyyyyy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Him doing the first would be a loving nightmare beyond kotor. 2 keeps you on the rails just enough

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Overlord K posted:

Woolie just dropped what the next big LP is gonna be: time for 2 years of Mass Effect babyyyyy
Is this replacing FF6? I hope Yakuza 0 (continued) comes after Elden Ring finishes.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Overlord K posted:

Wanna see how long he goes to bat for the batarians before realizing they are basically Space North Korea

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Him doing the first would be a loving nightmare beyond kotor. 2 keeps you on the rails just enough

oh you better believe the ME1 playthrough is going to be 80% taking cover behind a box in the same nondescript warehouse room by volume

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

oh you better believe the ME1 playthrough is going to be 80% taking cover behind a box in the same nondescript warehouse room by volume

Dont forget about reading the codex

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Measuredread returns!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Blockhouse posted:

The proper way to play Mass Effect 1 is to level up all the cool biotic powers and throw guys into space while having so much biotic armor you can strut around the battlefield like you own the place, so yeah, 80% of the playthrough consisting of Woolie sitting behind a box and plinking away at enemies sounds about right.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
In the podcast Woolie said that Reggie is actually going to play ME1, he's picking up after that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Woolie attributes Kefka's line "There's a reason 'oppose' rhymes with 'dispose'" to trying to localise a weird Japanese pun. I'd like to see what the original line was there, cause knowing the history of FF6's localisation I don't think that would be the case at all.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Dabir posted:

Woolie attributes Kefka's line "There's a reason 'oppose' rhymes with 'dispose'" to trying to localise a weird Japanese pun. I'd like to see what the original line was there, cause knowing the history of FF6's localisation I don't think that would be the case at all.

If that's the Narshe bit Kefka just calls the soldier an idiot and says to kill everyone and not give mercy

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

If that's the Narshe bit Kefka just calls the soldier an idiot and says to kill everyone and not give mercy

Yeah, that's the one. From the GBA:

quote:

Kefka: I don't care what you have to do, just get me that esper!

Soldier: Kefka, sir... What about the civilians?

Kefka: What about them? Kill them all!

Soldier: But, sir, Narshe is a neutral city...!

Kefka: Idiot! Read my lips -- mercy is for wimps! There's a reason "oppose" rhymes with "dispose"... If they get in your way, kill them! March!

I thought it sounded pretty Woolseyish, but his version was

quote:

KEFKA: I don't care what you do here, JUST GET ME THAT ESPER!!

SOLDIER: Lord Kefka! There're civilians here...!
KEFKA: Exterminate everyone!

SOLDIER: But Narshe is neutral...
KEFKA: Idiot!!

KEFKA: Read my lips!! Dispose of any who oppose us! March!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Overlord K posted:

In the podcast Woolie said that Reggie is actually going to play ME1, he's picking up after that.

Reggie is only going to play ME1 and not 2 and 3?