Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

look should i tell people that i've read infinite jest or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

look should i tell people that i've read infinite jest or not

only to other dudes. only tell women you read one hundred years of solitude

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think people mistake archaic language as somehow being "enlightened" or in some way better. Old books were not (necessarily) written for smarter people than books today. The language changed and now that old poo poo is hard to read because nobody talks like that.

It's better(worth more) because there's no new 15th century Spaniards writing novels, but thousands of assholes writing new poo poo every day. It's the same reason a Neolithic wheel barrel is better than your car.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hey honey, you said i should read more literary fiction so i looked and found something that i think we both might enjoy, check it out.
*plop*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

only men understand david foster wallce

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this but unironically

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hallmark's like a cable tv channel right? what people 18-25 of any gender have a loving cable subscription ityool 2022?

i was trying to think back and the last time i had any tv service at all was in 2009 when we got u-verse for a year, but the internet access loving sucked so we hopped to cable internet with no teevee

I have an OTA antenna up but air channels are dogshit and the ads make my eyes bleed. the only 'tv channel' i watch now is NHK World, and i will write essays about how good it is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

hallmark's like a cable tv channel right? what people 18-25 of any gender have a loving cable subscription ityool 2022?

i was trying to think back and the last time i had any tv service at all was in 2009 when we got u-verse for a year, but the internet access loving sucked so we hopped to cable internet with no teevee

I have an OTA antenna up but air channels are dogshit and the ads make my eyes bleed. the only 'tv channel' i watch now is NHK World, and i will write essays about how good it is.
yeah pretty much though i'd bump that from 18-30, maybe 35. I've occasionally seen OTA channels here and there and oh my god: just nothing but endless dialysis, mesothelioma lawyer ads, lose weight quick, gold, and snakeoil, and FORD BUILT FORD TOUGH HOORAH SUV-truck commercials

just absolutely depressing. i suppose a reflection of america

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
no network television means no law and order. so you tell me what world you'd rather live in

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cable's still the better deal overall since Hulu went to poo poo and all the networks are trying to get there + apps going.
If that ever collapses back down into something manageable...
or if you don't mind piracy...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you can stream hallmark channels on Roku. idk why anyone thinks you need a cable subscription. there’s also tons of junk on all the streaming platforms that are hallmark in everything but brand name.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Aglet56 posted:

no network television means no law and order. so you tell me what world you'd rather live in

i got the full run of both the OG and SVU sittin right here buckaroo

mawarannahr posted:

you can stream hallmark channels on Roku. idk why anyone thinks you need a cable subscription. there’s also tons of junk on all the streaming platforms that are hallmark in everything but brand name.

ah ok corrected then, figured they'd be still trying to stay to ota/cable/whatever

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this is why he killed himself

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

ArmZ posted:

this is why he killed himself

lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Xaris posted:

only to other dudes. only tell women you read one hundred years of solitude

Is The General In His Labyrinth close enough

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Netflix is sinking what money it has left into producing Hallmark style content. They all do really well, and make sure all of non union friends have set construction jobs

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not everything has to have a grimdark version, millennials :rolleyes:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

We already had Mystery Incorporated which was pretty good. And that one Zombie Island movie from like 25 years ago that was a pretty dark (in a good way). This is just going to have violence and gruesomeness for shock sake.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everything everywhere all at once is now...available

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

i say swears online posted:

gently caress yeah. Glad it made its money back in theatres.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

the title of this movie makes sentences like this kind of unintentionally funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hell yeah, wanted to watch it but never got a chance to in theater. i see northman is also available btw

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZFxf3Uz-8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm watching the sandra bullock / channing tatum himbo rom-com The Lost City and it's actually hilarious

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

I'm watching the sandra bullock / channing tatum himbo rom-com The Lost City and it's actually hilarious

Should have kept the name as The Lost City Of D.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Casey Finnigan posted:

when i was a kid i wrote a fanfic about cloud strife coming to the cul de sac from ed edd n eddy and hanging out with everyone

This A: would absolutely work, and 2: is basically Kingdom Hearts

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

the ash sarkar article is fine if you read it and don't just flip out about the title or the first three sentences

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

josh04 posted:

the ash sarkar article is fine if you read it and don't just flip out about the title or the first three sentences

sorry I only read articles written by Jane Austen

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

statistically improbable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It was a surprisingly good time. I saw it on a weekday afternoon and the audience was mostly middle-aged and older women who lost it when sandra bullock had to peel leeches off of channing tatum's butt. Good environment to see that kind of movie!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

We already had Mystery Incorporated which was pretty good. And that one Zombie Island movie from like 25 years ago that was a pretty dark (in a good way). This is just going to have violence and gruesomeness for shock sake.

There was a Scooby-Doo comic that did this, a post apocalyptic setting and all, apparently it was P poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There's a new Scooby-Doo reboot every other year

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can't believe Warner Brothers is disrespecting this high quality ip

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Casey Finnigan posted:

margit the fell omen is morgott. morgott is the king of leyendell. He's an Omen. Omens are creatures that are born with horns and are considered abominations. Morgott is able to be the king of leyendell because he hides the fact that he is an Omen. When he needs to act in the open, he calls himself Margit and pretends that he's not the king of leyendell

this is not told to you in game at any point

Yeah but how else would you pick it up apart from watching Vaati lore videos?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Finally, Velma needed to become Saira Rao.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wait why is Daphne naked

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

loquacius posted:

Wait why is Daphne naked
Everyone but Velma and the girl on the ground is.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

Finally, Velma needed to become Saira Rao.

Mindy should stick to showing Kamala how to make dosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Leave the filmmaking to desis like Waris Ahluwalia and Dev Patel.