Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Eli :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ten times better than any of the other schedule goofs with ten times less effort

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

Ten times better than any of the other schedule goofs with ten times less effort

it was ok

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like Eli so i enjoyed that

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

You can't spell incredible without ELI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Off-season champions

https://twitter.com/eagles/status/1526934101961363463?s=21&t=jnkScpcAV3FHnF0UuyjsMA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1526932878097096706?s=21&t=jnkScpcAV3FHnF0UuyjsMA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

14-3 friends

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

euphronius posted:

14-3 friends

Easy to say now but wait till the clownball starts.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

14-3 friends

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

Easy to say now but wait till the clownball starts.

:hmmyes:

About the only thing that would really surprise me in this division is if Carson Wentz got fixed in Washington and somehow returned to the way he looked his first 1-2 years. Beyond that, glorious clownball makes all things possible.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Maybe the Eagles really should contact Foles or any other decently proven QB. This team is giving similar vibes to that 2017 one that didn't get much buzz going into the season, but basically looked like a really solid team top to bottom.

Replace Hurts with any of the top 10 QBs and this team would be favorites. They still have a chance with him, but drat, it feels like an opportune year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Of alllllllll the teams I didn't want Bradberry to go to

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Doltos posted:

Of alllllllll the teams I didn't want Bradberry to go to

I'm sorry.

I'm not actually sorry :ssh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I can't believe the Eagles actually have two NFL caliber CBs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Three !

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

iamsosmrt posted:

Maybe the Eagles really should contact Foles or any other decently proven QB. This team is giving similar vibes to that 2017 one that didn't get much buzz going into the season, but basically looked like a really solid team top to bottom.

Replace Hurts with any of the top 10 QBs and this team would be favorites. They still have a chance with him, but drat, it feels like an opportune year.

If he improves as much this year as he did last, he might turn out to be a top 10 QB. I personally don't see it happening but I get the decision to give Jalen the reigns for one more year, especially considering what else is out there. And Hurts is much better than Foles - at least right now. Come on.

I didn't want Watson and his bullshit and even though I like Russel Wilson a lot, I didn't want to make that move either. So those were the only top 10 guys we could have gotten. I like Minshew as a backup and the moves we made this off season. I'm for staying the course right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts was playing on a broken ankle at the end of the year so i say not to be too down on how he ended

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Hurts would have to take a unprecedented (Josh Allen) leap to be a top 10 QB. He will probably marginally improve. Having the same offensive scheme two years in a row for the first year since high school could help. They also aren’t going to use the running game as a crutch this year. If he is going to be answer going forward, he will have to prove it with his arm.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You don’t need to be a top ten qb to win a super bowl or even just like win a playoff game which is my goal

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
with three legit pass catching weapons now, hurts actually might get even more explosive opportunities in the running game, be it scrambles or designed runs.

if there was a bookmaker that had the odds, id smash an over on 36 combined rushing/passing TDs for the lad

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Forget the top ten QB, my point is more that the Eagles look like they're a steady pocket passer away from being top contenders in the NFC.

I'm generally fine with Hurts, but this was looking like another year of the up and up on a rebuild. A few months of good moves later and the team is looking like they could have a legit shot now.

Anyway, I won't be mad if they stay the course, the team looks like it'll be strong for years to come, regardless of this season.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 18, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Forget the top ten QB, my point is more that the Eagles look like they're a steady pocket passer away from being top contenders in the NFC.

I'm generally fine with Hurts, but this was looking like another year of the up and up on a rebuild. A few months of good moves later and the team is looking like they could have a legit shot now.

Anyway, I won't be mad if they stay the course, the team looks like it'll be strong for years to come, regardless of this season.

Yeah I can see that. I just don't think that steady pocket passer guy is Nick Foles and I'm glad they go in all in on Wilson or Watson. But I agree with you that I think they're building pretty well right now and that this will be a make or break year for Hurts in particular. They can certainly compete in this stupid division right now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gardner Minshew time

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

That was cute

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think I'm only comfortable with saying hurts is top 32 at best tbh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Game-Blouses posted:

Hurts would have to take a unprecedented (Josh Allen) leap to be a top 10 QB. He will probably marginally improve. Having the same offensive scheme two years in a row for the first year since high school could help. They also aren’t going to use the running game as a crutch this year. If he is going to be answer going forward, he will have to prove it with his arm.

His stance rubber bands hard between wide and keeping his legs way too close together. Makes his accuracy a crap shoot. He needs to shorten up his steps on the drop back so he doesn't have to swing his wide stance up to do that little knock knee passing he does. I really do feel sorry for Philly WRs. I don't think their busts are that bad. There's so many lovely passes whenever I watch Hurts that it really reinforces how good Quez and DeVonta were for them last year. Constantly having to come back on routes as Hurts dances in the backfield, constant crappy ducks way out of the route. Would throw them into contested situations all the time.

It just feels like a complete lack of development. He was just so good at running out of the RPO that Bama, Oklahoma, and Philly didn't try to make him learn footwork. He can still obviously run in the NFL but his passes are either beautiful floaters that look like Nick Foles or complete knuckleballs.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Gardner Minshew time

People joke but I can name maybe about 10 or 12 backups I might take over him if you press me on it in a league with Nathan Peterman, Chad Henne, Joe Flacco, Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Colt McCoy, Felipe Franks, PJ Walker, Cooper Rush, Jordan Love, C.J. Beathard, Mike Glennon and Mason Rudolph still on rosters...I can keep going.

Gardner is a good backup and a decent spot starter.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1526935289993867264

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1526936919560560642?s=20&t=m9XFHSOGna3520YfSHpZsA

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 18, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish I could sleep through the nfl season

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shinjobi, good news:
The cowboys are going to win the playoffs, and then win the superbowl this coming season! :yaycat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's just sad that at this point I'd be happy with just getting to the NFC championship game.

It's this mythical, unobtainable level for the modern Dallas Cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I think it would better if the Dallas Cowboys missed the playoffs, and finished last in the division, and Jerry Jones was sad. Preferably having this happen for several consecutive years!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Doltos posted:

His stance rubber bands hard between wide and keeping his legs way too close together. Makes his accuracy a crap shoot. He needs to shorten up his steps on the drop back so he doesn't have to swing his wide stance up to do that little knock knee passing he does. I really do feel sorry for Philly WRs. I don't think their busts are that bad. There's so many lovely passes whenever I watch Hurts that it really reinforces how good Quez and DeVonta were for them last year. Constantly having to come back on routes as Hurts dances in the backfield, constant crappy ducks way out of the route. Would throw them into contested situations all the time.

It just feels like a complete lack of development. He was just so good at running out of the RPO that Bama, Oklahoma, and Philly didn't try to make him learn footwork. He can still obviously run in the NFL but his passes are either beautiful floaters that look like Nick Foles or complete knuckleballs.

I basically agree with this. Heck, I think everyone here is in consensus that his arm is bad. The general disagreement is whether he can improve and/or whether the team's upgrades will either carry him or outright make his flaws irrelevant. Many people have their doubts.

Like in a vacuum, he's better than Foles (and I'm not attached to the idea of getting him) but the team is now built to give even a mediocre passing QB a great shot. Hurts' legs can probably carry a bad team to 7-9 wins in a weak division, it's whether they'll matter much for this team if he still can't throw a decent football.

I predict he'll end up leading them to 10-12 Ws with unremarkable passing behind a strong team effort and have his replacement drafted next year. Then if we're lucky, the Jaguars or whomever else looking to just improve will trade for him to bring them up to mediocrity.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

I think it would better if the Dallas Cowboys missed the playoffs, and finished last in the division, and Jerry Jones was sad. Preferably having this happen for several consecutive years!

Well shucks, that's like the gosh darn opposite of what I want!

Edit: well, the Jerry being sad is nice

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

I think it would better if the Dallas Cowboys missed the playoffs, and finished last in the division, and Jerry Jones was sad.

Un ironically one of my coping mechanisms every time Dallas has a failed season, is this healthy

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1527361405577744385?t=XSA58E5A7Z_c7hUdRwhqbQ&s=19

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Dak is a top 5 QB START THE SEASON IM READY

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Dak is a top 5 QB START THE SEASON IM READY

On a bottom 5 organizationally run team though unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU