Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
oh wow, i didn't recognize it when scrolling past, but I knew what it was from as soon as I looked at the font and shading

haven't thought about that series in almost two decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

there isn't AFAICT any reason you couldn't write up a contract that grants copyright to the bearer of the NFT and leave it at that, but there's a reason nobody with a copyright worth having is rushing to have their lawyers draft a paper saying "whoever holds this document owns all rights to Mickey Mouse". Since no NFT is worth owning the copyright to, the validity of this may never be tested.

too late lol

lmao NFT bearer bonds

new idea for the die hard reboot

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

if i was in a lecture hall and someone started talking about this i would have left after 30 seconds, at max

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

The problem with this is that the contract is only between the people who are party to signing it. If you and an artist sign that contract, and then you sell it to me, and I sell it to someone else, no one involved in that third sale ever signed the original contract. There MIGHT be an argument that you're obligated to transfer the copyright to me, but I"m under no obligation to do that for the other guy.

fake edit: found that lawyer's video. It's another good one that really focuses in on just how insanely problematic NFT's are from a contract law standpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6aeL83z_9Y

Best I can come up with is to create a trust to hold the copyright, and direct it to employ the current holder of the NFT as a director and pay them a salary equal to whatever money the trust takes in from licensing the copyright.

But then how do I define who 'owns' the NFT? It is whoever controls the private key corresponding to the token's current blockchain address, right? But what if two people both have access to that key? Or if nobody does?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is Coincel a term yet?

Can we make it one?

Only if we can call the inevitable FBI investigation into crypto COINCELPRO.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
some future boomers gonna be holed up in a bunker with their hoarded NFTs waiting for the apocalypse when the apes will have value again.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

resistentialism posted:

Aren't you just supposed to close your eyes and imagine the NFT they presented as?

aint nothing gay about apes hanging out with apes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alan Smithee posted:

aint nothing gay about apes hanging out with apes

it's only gay if the blockchains merge, okay

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
*rolls up to the reunion in a Tesla*

Heh, yeah. I'm a cryptoaccountant

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

*me trying to impress my date*

No I've got it

*open my wallet and produce printed copies of my Ape NFTs and a pen, then I write on the back of one of them "this should cover it" and leave it in the credit card tray and walk out.*

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Hoping this monkeypox can be transmitted to the virtual space.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Karia posted:

lmao

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is Coincel a term yet?

Can we make it one?

gotta mint that one on the post chain ASAP

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Karia posted:

Put this post onto an immutable ledger.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Karia posted:

With friends like these, who the gently caress needs COINCELPRO?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Can't wait for all the movie punchlines next year 'I lost all my money on pictures of apes'.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Adam Sandler is: Ape Madison

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I’m catching up on this thread because there’s been so much insanity, and I am just losing it at this tweet. Jfc.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I can't believe I posted the lazy cubs nft tweet and nobody said "ah, the libertarians even want their NFTs to be underaged"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I can't believe I posted the lazy cubs nft tweet and nobody said "ah, the libertarians even want their NFTs to be underaged"

Because it goes without saying

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whta kinda of animals have coinerz done?

Apes are #1, but it seems like hippos and lions distant 2nd and 3rd for some reason?? I would have thought that a certain horse cartoon or just the anicent energy of furries would pre-prime the space to just be foxes and horses.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Crime on a Dime posted:

keep digging, wow

dont stop sucking yet chum, my assholes bounty is plentiful and all yours.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Saddest Rhino posted:

yyyyeeah, you know i'm actually kinda glad i didn't automatically make the "sexualizing minors" connection, there. shows that my brain isn't entirely poisoned by internet just yet

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I don’t think these have been mentioned yet. Some absolutely incredible Trump NFTs here…

https://opensea.io/collection/mcniftytrump

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

Apes are #1, but it seems like hippos and lions distant 2nd and 3rd for some reason?? I would have thought that a certain horse cartoon or just the anicent energy of furries would pre-prime the space to just be foxes and horses.

I'm working on an nft collection at the moment with crocodiles, minotaurs and hydras.
It was not my choice to work on this, my studio took the job to do the artwork and code from the nft guy.
It's as fun to work on as you think it might be

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

I'm working on an nft collection at the moment with crocodiles, minotaurs and hydras.
It was not my choice to work on this, my studio took the job to do the artwork and code from the nft guy.
It's as fun to work on as you think it might be

I hope you are being paid in advance.

In money.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

In money.

I'm told there was an opportunity to be paid in crypto that was not taken up by my bosses
They're obviously ngmi

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

I'm told there was an opportunity to be paid in crypto that was not taken up by my bosses
They're obviously ngmi

I hope every meeting with them featured copious wagmi and ngmi.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

It's racism. All the main animals come from Africa and frequently feature rap signifiers. It's racism.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

In money.

Genuinely, this. If they weren't given the money then it doesn't exist and they aren't getting paid.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They're getting paid at regular intervals with actual money in the same fashion as our other clients. There's contracts and all that stuff. No idea what the client thinks about their big nft project now, the nft craze has really dropped off between us starting the project and now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Actual furries don't want anything to do with this poo poo.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

EoinCannon posted:

They're getting paid at regular intervals with actual money in the same fashion as our other clients. There's contracts and all that stuff. No idea what the client thinks about their big nft project now, the nft craze has really dropped off between us starting the project and now

Watch these guys suddenly disappear on any future payments as the NFT market dries up.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tormented posted:

Watch these guys suddenly disappear on any future payments as the NFT market dries up.

This is definitely a concern of mine

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Darth TNT posted:

I hope every meeting with them featured copious wagmi and ngmi.

i would get paid in wagmi beef

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actual furries don't want anything to do with this poo poo.

Actual furry spotted.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
No True Furry

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So nft bros are false furries?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im pulling my tiny 0.01861354 into CAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Fallows posted:

i still dont understand how bitcoins is worth real money its so stupid god drat

Just wanted to quote this from the first page of this thread because it's still valid