Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'll take that over Conor Lamb's very carefully cultivated "suburban lawyer dad" image that's completely out of touch with 90% of the people who live in this state.

I've seen John Fetterman in public in the places around me just doing normal things. Never seen Conor Lamb once and I live less than three miles from where he supposedly lives.

Fetterman is a hero to obese, critically ill Pennsylvanians everywhere. Watch him kill it in the general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

im on the 15 rn and its fine

may as well be in delco

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

has anyone said, in eddie vedder voice: "cant find a fetterman"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

just used the search function and am seeing that people have made that joke. sorry.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ooooooh what a fetterman
he was

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ringo Roadagain posted:

just used the search function and am seeing that people have made that joke. sorry.

It's OK I forgive you.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

platzapS posted:

birthplace of freedom baby. any advice?

Yes, get yourself a sturdy chair to protect your parking spot in the winter.

And don’t even bother with Philly sports or sports fans, they’re the worst.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ringo Roadagain posted:

has anyone said, in eddie vedder voice: "cant find a fetterman"

yes you're not the first

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

platzapS posted:

birthplace of freedom baby. any advice?

Invoke “Trump”!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.centredaily.com/news/politics-government/article261521477.html

This article is incredible, the main takeway seems to be that Lamb didn't listen to his consultants enough???

Apr 7, 2003

Listening to consultants is why we're in this mess *gestures at everything* to begin with

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Toss any parking furniture you find into the middle of the street

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

consultants are the class of people that make sure you're a well rounded knob that never steps out of line right

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This article is incredible, the main takeway seems to be that Lamb didn't listen to his consultants enough???

Democrat consultants cannot fail, they can only be failed. also you should have paid them more.

quote:

“Conor needed to show up a lot more and probably needed some blunder by John that never happened.”
other than holding a black man at gunpoint and having a stroke right before the election, i mean.

Apr 7, 2003

Whoever it was that said that Conor Lamb won his seat because he was a beneficiary of Trump backlash and decided he actually won because he's just so good was spot on.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Since Fetterman won, Conor just couldn't compete with Big John" energy even though voters agree more with Conor. If Conor won it would have been a rejection of John's radical politics.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

quote:

As early as 2020, Democrats in Pennsylvania were billing the expected U.S. Senate primary between Conor Lamb and John Fetterman as an epic clash between two titans: the clean-cut moderate “beauty” against the populist goateed “beast.”
rofl what is wrong with these people

Apr 7, 2003

Terminal lib brain combined with NPR-style inability to comprehend that politics are not actually a spectator sport, and the outcomes affect people.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

uber_stoat posted:

Democrat consultants cannot fail, they can only be failed. also you should have paid them more.

Anytime they lose, the people win.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Centre Daily Times lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fettermans policies as stated are extremely normal and popular, the only way he's a radical is if you have dem brain. at some point someone is gonna actually drill into consultant win rates and cause a poo poo storm of whining

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

quote:

As early as 2020, Democrats in Pennsylvania were billing the expected U.S. Senate primary between Conor Lamb and John Fetterman as an epic clash between two titans: the clean-cut moderate “beauty” against the populist goateed “beast.”

Nichael posted:

rofl what is wrong with these people

this is dope as gently caress, and it is an undeniable fact that voter turnout would improve if primary elections were openly billed like wrestling matches, summer blockbusters, playoff games and reality tv finales

e: the day a political ad opens with the mortal kombat theme is the day we save democracy

Apr 7, 2003

Agean90 posted:

fettermans policies as stated are extremely normal and popular, the only way he's a radical is if you have dem brain. at some point someone is gonna actually drill into consultant win rates and cause a poo poo storm of whining

Marijuana legalization is the most popular political issue across all walks of life and both parties in this stupid gently caress country and neither party will touch it.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Marijuana legalization is the most popular political issue across all walks of life and both parties in this stupid gently caress country and neither party will touch it.

It's the easiest layup in the world, especially when the opponent says poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1527425618039783446

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

weirdly, I think the second most popular political issue is gun control

background checks have an 84% approval rating as of last year and a 90% as of 2019
meanwhile weed legalization has a 91% as of last year, although 31% of that is "medical only"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fetterman is the only actual centrist in us politics in that he actually adopts policies that are popular rather than 'reasonable'

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
already seeing local chuds posting about Fetterman should drop out of the race for his health issues

the same people that voted for the fat 74 year old fat man with big macs in his veins

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

What is Fetterman's position on school shootings?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

synapse posted:

What is Fetterman's position on school shootings?

Complex issue. Supports them for the cross country team, against for all others.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
It’s impressive how much fetterman sucks, objectively, but he’s still one of the best dems in Pennsylvania and would be better then probably like 40 other senate democrats at a minimum.

If nothing else, being a reliable vote for legal weed is all it takes to me not feel like an rear end in a top hat for voting for him.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Watch him walk it back

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

Watch him walk it back

he doesn’t really do all that much walking

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I haven't seen him in public in a week

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i say swears online posted:

I haven't seen him in public in a week

Fetterman probably looks like a bloated cadaver freshly pulled from floating in the Delaware River for a week

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

It’s impressive how much fetterman sucks, objectively, but he’s still one of the best dems in Pennsylvania and would be better then probably like 40 other senate democrats at a minimum.

If nothing else, being a reliable vote for legal weed is all it takes to me not feel like an rear end in a top hat for voting for him.

You should though
Legal weed is a boutique rich white kid issue unless he's going to release all nonviolent drug offenders from prison

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

Fetterman probably looks like a bloated cadaver freshly pulled from floating in the Delaware River for a week

yes, but the stroke has surely made this worse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

You should though
Legal weed is a boutique rich white kid issue unless he's going to release all nonviolent drug offenders from prison

did illinois' plan work out all right? I remember a lot of that was in the cards

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

You should though

nobody’s going to do anything

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

i say swears online posted:

did illinois' plan work out all right? I remember a lot of that was in the cards

1. How much does it cost?

Getting your record expunged or sealed will cost you a filing fee at the courthouse plus $60 for the Illinois State Police. Some local law enforcement agencies may also charge a processing fee. Filing fees vary from county to county and may be obtained from the appropriate Circuit Clerk.

not even pardons are free lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus lol