Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Friends, it finally happened. Xbox outsold Playstation in Japan last week.

Please ignore all previous weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the perfect time for announcing Lost Odyssey 2.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Now that the XBOX is a smash bang hit in Japan Tecmo will port Nioh 2

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

American McGay posted:

KOF15 is by all accounts really loving great but it's hard to me as a guy who isn't remotely competitive and just fucks around to justify $50-$60 on a serious fighting game like that. I was seriously considering getting it when it came out because I was watching a bunch of streamers play it and it looked really fun, but then I bought Elden Ring instead and haven't thought about another video game since.

re: fighting game chat.
If you are willing to do the VPN thing, I got KOF XV for $16 (deluxe version with the dlc when it comes out) from eneba.
It's pretty rad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
GamePass rules and I don't get the 'Netflix of games' poo poo at all, they still release tons of good games every month to the extent where I have like a 10+ game backlog of free games installed (+ still finishing Elden Ring ofc) .

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

people call it the Netflix of games because you pay a sub and don’t own the games OP

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I Think You Should Leave is on Netflix, Game Pass should be so lucky.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1527299944834510854

:pray:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Looks like my decision to put off playing Witcher 3 has finally paid off. :smugdog:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just bought it and the DLCs and am getting to the end of my playthrough. I doubt I'll want to play it again after this playthrough.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Because of game pass we're getting games we would have never seen on the Xbox otherwise. I'm finally able to play the Danganrompa games.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

Because of game pass we're getting games we would have never seen on the Xbox otherwise. I'm finally able to play the Danganrompa games.

I'm playing the first one right now. I think I like it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wow can't believe you guys are eating out of the garbage can like that. Couldn't me be.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well gently caress me. I’m housesitting and brought my Xbox over. Something synced wrong and I lost maybe 20 hours of RDR2 progress.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Well gently caress me. I’m housesitting and brought my Xbox over. Something synced wrong and I lost maybe 20 hours of RDR2 progress.

That's what, one cut scene and a horse ride to town?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

two hat pickups

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
nvm

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao I saw that

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

I left the drat reply thing open all night and hit post when I woke up not knowing that I already posted!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

does the "next gen version" make the combat completely different (ie. good)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dunno

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Next gen is all about ray-traced horse balls.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Professor Beetus posted:

Looks like my decision to put off playing Witcher 3 has finally paid off. :smugdog:
haha same. I had it sitting in my PS4 wishlist forever. Finally bought the Xbox One version for :10bux: like a month ago in anticipation of the next-gen upgrade, glad the delay hopefully won't be too long!

And yeah I'd be absolutely willing to janitor my Game Pass usage at full price, especially since I don't have nearly as much time to play games as I'd like. But the savings, for me, were too big too ignore. At like ~$4.50/month or whatever it comes out to, I'm fine if i don't even use it for month here and there.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Professor Beetus posted:

I have a friend who’s been bugging me to play it for a couple years and now I can push it off until December easy.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I programmed L1 to my left backpaddle in Trek To Yomi and the game got way faster and easier. I'm doing parries constantly now.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

JBP posted:

I Think You Should Leave is on Netflix, Game Pass should be so lucky.

Now I’m imagining hitman but instead of killing marks you have to find clever ways to embarrass yourself until people leave out of embarrassment for you.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

I'm playing the first one right now. I think I like it.

Reading some of the reviews are wild. Some people legitimately don't know what to make of a super Japanese VN and some are just bros against anything that's not a twitch shooter.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

Reading some of the reviews are wild. Some people legitimately don't know what to make of a super Japanese VN and some are just bros against anything that's not a twitch shooter.

I'm going to read the reviews after I finish. I don't like it as much as I thought I would, but it's fun enough. I think I'd like it more if the writing had more depth to it. Still gonna finish it to see how it ends. Do you know if the sequel is better?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

I'm going to read the reviews after I finish. I don't like it as much as I thought I would, but it's fun enough. I think I'd like it more if the writing had more depth to it. Still gonna finish it to see how it ends. Do you know if the sequel is better?

I've just gotten to chapter 2 but I can say the sequel is certainly crazier.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

It’s loving great

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Gamepass won’t be Netflix for games until It has 3 dozen LA noire reskins and nothing else

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Blue Raider posted:

Gamepass won’t be Netflix for games until It has 3 dozen LA noire reskins and nothing else

God I would love another LA Noire type game.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Gamepass is perpetually free if you dabble in the Microsoft/Bing rewards stuff at all

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MikeRabsitch posted:

Gamepass is perpetually free if you dabble in the Microsoft/Bing rewards stuff at all

I just started doing that and it's actually not bad at all to get some extra points. I'm probably missing out on some stuff to do.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

MikeRabsitch posted:

Yep. I subscribed to GPU when I got my Series X in February 2021, two years with the all access package. I've spent five minutes a day just on the Bing stuff and the basic Game Pass quests (daily and weeklies), and cashing in on the daily achievement 50 point thing when I remember to do it, and I've extended my subscription another year and a half-plus thus far to September 2024 just through buying extra 3 month packages with reward points. It's insane to me how easy this is to maintain for so little effort and just playing Game Pass stuff and I'm paranoid that they're going to gimp this eventually.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

seems you either get free healthcare or free gamepass

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

seems you either get free healthcare or free gamepass

I get both.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

I’ve just re-subbed to Ultimate for another three years using MS points I’ve hoarded in the past two years and I still have enough points left for at least another three years

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I simply pay $15 per month while enjoying a random assortment of various video games, but maybe that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I can't be arsed doing the Bing Rewards poo poo every day (even with the extension), but every couple of days is enough to fund every second month of GamePass, making it effectively half price - which I'm happy with.